Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 45   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power phone in tonight 6pm  (Read 125148 times)
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:10:41 »

If you're serious with that last sentence please just go! The Swindon fans Facebook page would be ideal for you!

I dont really understand what you mean Theakston? I am sure i saw another Swindon fam mention it as a question to BBC Wilts sport the other night so im not sure why you are being rude, it was a legitimate question
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:21:28 »

I can't see how we'd be at break even after signing Ajose and gladwin/Thompson/Thomas on loan.

so I'd guess it's plugging that gap.

one day we'll some accounts to prove it I suppose
Flashheart

« Reply #197 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:21:49 »

If I can figure out how, I'm going to make "Where's the money gone" change automatically to "I'm a fuckwit". That's if I get around to it, which I probably wont.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:27:09 »

Amazing, ask a serious question, get a load of abuse, some great people on here
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:28:03 »

If you are looking for serious chat and sympathy, I would highly advise going elsewhere.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:28:23 »

If I can figure out how, I'm going to make "Where's the money gone" change automatically to "I'm a fuckwit". That's if I get around to it, which I probably wont.
Until/if a set of accounts are published people are entitled to ask questions regarding money. I'm a Power fan but it's amazing how many people are quick enough to shout down anyone with the temerity to ask questions regarding finances despite the fact there's no hard evidence to back up what he says. If people choose to take Powers word on what he says that's fine but there's no need to constantly shout down those who might just have a different opinion.

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:28:54 »

It would be interesting to know what the exact stipulations are from the Eady estate, as I understand it is to be spent on infrastructure not players and has to be of benefit to the football club, I assume with a training ground if Power wanted the other land for his money making ventures then technically it would be a partnership with him and the training ground would not have been owned fully by stfc even if the Eady money was used.

Must make this difficult, but I suppose it could be used to help with a ground redevelopment.

I have a vague recollection of the TrustSTFC chaps saying they was going to contact the Eady estate  - was this ever done ?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:35:41 »

Until/if a set of accounts are published people are entitled to ask questions regarding money. I'm a Power fan but it's amazing how many people are quick enough to shout down anyone with the temerity to ask questions regarding finances despite the fact there's no hard evidence to back up what he says. If people choose to take Powers word on what he says that's fine but there's no need to constantly shout down those who might just have a different opinion.
He's moaning/asking about the money from other youth players that have been sold despite not actially knowing if they've been sold FFS. It's laughable....
Usually if a club is in trouble you start seeing the winding up orders in the Gazette a la the Diamandis days. The fact that's not happened to date is enough for me to give the benefit of the doubt. Add in that we do appear to spend money when we need to like the Floodlights, DRS PA system etc backs up his point that we will spend money when and where it's needed.
DRS

« Reply #203 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:36:16 »

Bit harsh on the new chap there,asked a question no need for that.
Flashheart

« Reply #204 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:41:42 »

There's that same old binary train of thought so prevalent among football fans.

It's not the asking of questions that's being criticised here, it's the asking of the same fucking question that has already been asked ad-finitum (where's the money gone). It's been asked, and answered, on numerous occasions. If somebody isn't happy with the answer then challenge the answer, just don't ask the same question again because you'll only get the same answer. It's utterly pointless and really quite tiresome.

Look back through this thread and you will see that I personally commended the caller that asked Power a load of 'probing' questions in the call in. Again, it's not the asking of questions that's the problem, but the asking of the same fucking question over and over despite the fact that it has been answered.  It often seems that those that keep on asking questions are those that are least interested in the answers.
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:42:32 »

He's moaning/asking about the money from other youth players that have been sold despite not actially knowing if they've been sold FFS. It's laughable....
Usually if a club is in trouble you start seeing the winding up orders in the Gazette a la the Diamandis days. The fact that's not happened to date is enough for me to give the benefit of the doubt. Add in that we do appear to spend money when we need to like the Floodlights, DRS PA system etc backs up his point that we will spend money when and where it's needed.

Firstly how can you say I was moaning, I was asking a question, i was asking if anyone knew about two young lads also sold and IF that was true wondering where that money had gone. Why are you so aggressive?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:45:38 »

There's that same old binary train of thought so prevalent among football fans.

It's not the asking of questions that's being criticised here, it's the asking of the same fucking question that has already been asked ad-finitum (where's the money gone). It's been asked, and answered, on numerous occasions. If somebody isn't happy with the answer then challenge the answer, just don't ask the same question again because you'll only get the same answer. It's utterly pointless and really quite tiresome.

Look back through this thread and you will see that I personally commended the caller that asked Power a load of 'probing' questions in the call in. Again, it's not the asking of questions that's the problem, but the asking of the same fucking question over and over despite the fact that it has been answered.  It often seems that those that keep on asking questions are those that are least interested in the answers.
This
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:47:04 »

Firstly how can you say I was moaning, I was asking a question, i was asking if anyone knew about two young lads also sold and IF that was true wondering where that money had gone. Why are you so aggressive?
Well how about finding out for sure that they gone before asking 'where's the money gone?' from their sale?
DRS

« Reply #208 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:48:46 »

Well how about finding out for sure that they gone before asking 'where's the money gone?' from their sale?
He asked if so? He was asking if anyone knew if there was any truth in it
Paul Mason

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Friday, January 15, 2016, 13:49:29 »

No No No No No No
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 45   Go Up
Print
Jump to: