Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon boss Byrne blasts armchair supporters  (Read 23336 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 22:49:01 »

It is the comments section on the Adver site, and as Sie just called them mongs, clearly Byrne is merely backing you up.  I doubt they read this one much if at all, it would involve searching around and from comments I've heard 1st hand it is certainly the Adver site they read.

I'm not really fussed what he reads, but doing what he's done (whether his opinion is correct or not) is a bit silly if it's just an internet forum.

Wouldn't it be better to channel the energy into getting the players to prove a point to these armchair supporters? Or maybe the fans who are paying/have paid good money to watch boring football.

I've come to the conclusion that Byrne talks a good game, but if you listen to previous interviews they all contradict each other.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 22:55:16 »

Don't blame him tbh. I'd label most of the fans that actually go as morons.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 22:57:43 »

Don't blame him tbh. I'd label most of the fans that actually go as morons.

How superior of you.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 22:58:43 »

I think he should name names, that would be funny as fuck, go on dave, if you're reading this grass the cunts up Smiley
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:01:32 »

How superior of you.

You'd agree if you sat where I do in the Don Rogers! There's one youngish lad who spends the whole game making whale noises and booing Phil Smith every three seconds.

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:07:09 »

harpoon the bunt then
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:07:28 »

You'd agree if you sat where I do in the Don Rogers! There's one youngish lad who spends the whole game making whale noises and booing Phil Smith every three seconds.

So he pays his money, you pay your money but because you don't make whale noises and boo Phil Smith every three seconds, you are a better supporter? I bet he's as pissed off with you as you are with him. I've said it before and I'll say it again, our fans are the same as any others - no better, no worse. If he wants to make whale noises and boo Phil Smith every three seconds then he is fully entitled to. If you're that annoyed then tell him to shut the fuck up and punch his lights out. I've found this a very effective strategy in the past.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:08:20 »

Smiley That sound like fun.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:09:04 »

So he pays his money, you pay your money but because you don't make whale noises and boo Phil Smith every three seconds, you are a better supporter?

Yeah pretty much.
flammableBen

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:09:54 »

I want to go to a game now just so I can make whale noises all game. I imagine it's quite tricky to do. I'm going to get some practice in.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:10:01 »

So he pays his money, you pay your money but because you don't make whale noises and boo Phil Smith every three seconds, you are a better supporter?

I think he gets it King Tails Cheesy
Rich Pullen

« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:11:20 »

I want to go to a game now just so I can make whale noises all game. I imagine it's quite tricky to do. I'm going to get some practice in.

I can't help but think I've missed a trick here, all this time stressing over football when I could've been making soothing whale noises.

What a fool I've been.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:12:03 »

Jesus christ what have I started...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:12:58 »

I'm sure most of us are agreed Budgie may have a point, but I can't help but thinking he should spend less time talking bollox in the press and more time trying to wins games, not drawing them. That's why he won't be our next manager.

A manager needs thick skin, Byrne's is wafer thin. Whether he's right or wrong, he's let his guard down, and a manager can't do that. Just ask Andy King...
deltaincline

« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, December 9, 2008, 23:14:46 »

I never read the adver forum. They were a complete bunch of cunts last time I looked though so it's not surprising that he's fucked off with whatever was said.

Byrne has got it wrong having a pop though. Even if fans are malicious in what they post, don't go to games or live in outer mongolia, it's a free fucking country. He should be long enough in the tooth with all his years in football to just rise above it and get on with his job. Football has moved on since he was a player and the web is not going anywhere. If he gets wound up about what is said, don't fucking read it. Simple.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: