Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Tranmere Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43285 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 18:05:12 »

Just a few tho

AoB is my new favourite player

You always like the underdog.

Ref adje......good post.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 18:14:02 »

The happy clappers coming out of the woodwork on BBC Radio Swindon last night were laughable. The way they were going on you would have thought we had beat top of the league 5-0, not drawn at home to Tranmere.

If Austin is not replaced, I think we will go down. In 08/09 we had the goals of Simon Cox to save us, along with a decent input from Paynter. This year we look like going into the second half of the season with a Dossevi-Pericard partnership. Dossevi tried last night but was out of his depth. I really don't know where the goals are going to come from.

Worrying that Wilson thinks it will only be 'someone' coming in instead of 2/3 players that are needed. His lack of activity in the transfer market is going to cost us.

I don't think a new man will see much improvement at this stage in the season, the current squad isn't up to it, but I think Wilson has to go at the end of the season. 3 targets, none met = gone.
Spencer_White

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 18:37:38 »

I thought the most positive thing about last night was that it was actually a decent game. First time Ive seen some entertainment at a ground for weeks. Although the crowd was quiet, the fans did stay with the team, which is also positive.

Amankwaah does a lot more running off the ball than Caddis. Caddis is good on the ball, and he's a skillful player, but he's far too happy to stand about on the half way line when we are attacking. You need the full backs rampaging up the field to get real pressure on.

I cant believe Lescinel backheeled the ball towards his own 18 yard box. That is defender suicide, and he was lucky to get away with it. Lescinel is a very skilful player, and 90% of the stuff he does is very good. But he's always likely to do something crazy. We cant afford the risks he takes at the moment, we are very fragile.

Dossevi works extremely hard. But he needs more shooting practice. Can you imagine him on his own up front? We must sign 2 strikers this transfer window.

O'Brien did alright. But he's not a footballer and he doesnt have a clue what he's doing.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 19:04:20 »

O'Brien did alright. But he's not a footballer and he doesnt have a clue what he's doing.

Rubbish, he's brilliant. Hope he starts against B'mth. That will be two games in a week for me, can't wait
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 19:18:03 »

Rubbish, he's brilliant. Hope he starts against B'mth. That will be two games in a week for me, can't wait

Hi Dave.....good and shocking to see you last night!

To be fair you caught him on a goodish day Cheesy
stfcinbmth

« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 19:25:10 »

To be fair you caught him on a goodish day Cheesy

Only decided around 3pm that I needed to do something interesting, by four ish I was in the car and on my way

There's more to come from AoB Lee, I'm sure of it

Good to see you and Boo too, can't believe I missed you in the CGH. It's not quite the same coming up and not having a skinful. Hopefully I can manage to make a night of one before the end of the season
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 19:26:30 »

Only decided around 3pm that I needed to do something interesting, by four ish I was in the car and on my way

There's more to come from AoB Lee, I'm sure of it

Good to see you and Boo too, can't believe I missed you in the CGH. It's not quite the same coming up and not having a skinful. Hopefully I can manage to make a night of one before the end of the season

Well done you on showing up!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 20:42:52 »

Only decided around 3pm that I needed to do something interesting, by four ish I was in the car and on my way.

So how comes you ended up at the CG?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 20:43:56 »

Christ, not another Dave. Can't we have some sort of quota?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 20:44:42 »

Says the man really spicing things up by being called Davis.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:20:03 »

So how comes you ended up at the CG?

It's a novelty for me, apart from the live thread, I don't have to suffer it every week. Nah I'd do it more often if I could, keeps my granddad alive for me. Sentimental I know, sweet shop on the Shrivenham Road and all that
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:23:36 »

Dave, the name of cunts.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:35:10 »

Then a new man or woman can be brought in.

Well done Reg. Glad to see you're not going down the Keys/Gray route. I'd hate to see you thrown off the forum Cool

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:43:12 »

Sensible realists....very few managers, are always successful, look at the examples. Just a couple off the top of the head...Ancelotti, double last season, flying start this, then it all goes pear shaped. Why?

Look at the fella down the road....they've twice had completely shit spells when their mongs have called for his head, but he's been allowed to manage, and they're in their highest spot for years.

Quite simply Wilson because of his previous work has earned the opportunity to sort this window, he's lost a centre half but brought in Flint, he will lose Austin but deserves the chance to bring in a couple of players with some of the funds. If at the end of the season, which is relatively close, we see no progress or get relegated he should not be given a new contract. Then a new man or woman can be brought in.

i dont think fitton can risk us getting relegated.if results dont improve the league position will force his hand.
i hope wilson can sort us out.
i dont want to see him sacked.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, January 26, 2011, 21:45:25 »

If at the end of the season, which is relatively close, we see no progress or get relegated he should not be given a new contract. Then a new man or woman can be brought in.

Just as long as she knows the offside rule.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: