Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: tibet/police  (Read 1809 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:06:32 »

fucking well done. more protests the better, all those who say politics and sport shouldnt mix should realise that they have the freedom to say that without spending 13 years in a labour camp for having a different opinion.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:30:22 »

I get pissed off with all this shit . Those fuckers yesterday were the fuckers who were protesting a few years ago that we should leave Iraq and Afghanistan as its nothing to do with us but now its something they care about they want the country to help.

Fuck em
flammableBen

« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:41:51 »

Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"
I get pissed off with all this shit . Those fuckers yesterday were the fuckers who were protesting a few years ago that we should leave Iraq and Afghanistan as its nothing to do with us but now its something they care about they want the country to help.

Fuck em

Eh? I don't think anybody is claiming we should go to war with China. That would be mental and we'd lose.
dell boy

« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:42:03 »

I see the French police didn't hold back either, loads of blood.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 7, 2008, 18:45:57 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
Quote from: "Don Rogers Shop"

Fuck em

Eh? I don't think anybody is claiming we should go to war with China. That would be mental and we'd lose.
Did you not see that woman screaming at Brown ? They all want us to intervene how do you suppose they want us to do that as im sure a nice little chat wont work .
flammableBen

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 01:04:39 »

Oops, forgot about this thread.

There's loads of ways you can put diplomatic pressure on other countries to do stuff/ not do stuff/ change stuff. It's a system that works throughout modern international relations. Nations don't threaten war every time they disagree with each other.

There might be a few protesting nutters who want military action, but you shouldn't paint a group with the views of their extremists. Protesting alone raises the profile of the China human rights record / Tibet Situation. In a democracy raising awareness can (should) be an important thing. You don't necessarily need to be advocating the extremes.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 07:59:47 »

Would be class if there was a mass boycott of the games.  Perhaps we could win a few more bronzes on the track and field then!
Gazza's Fat Mate
Morality Robocop

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 11:58:06 »

anyone else a bit pissed of that the frogs put the flame out and we didn't.on the protest stakes franch 1 - Engalnd nil!

i was actully giving serious thought to going to this but had other commintets which i couldn't get out of. I have a tibetan client and he's been filling me in on the subject which is turelly shit.

Ash - "GFM Mate your like like Marmite you Love it or Hate it"
Christian Roberts " I fucking hate Marmite"
Lumps

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:15:34 »

Quote from: "Gazza's Fat Mate"
anyone else a bit pissed of that the frogs put the flame out and we didn't.on the protest stakes franch 1 - Engalnd nil!

i was actully giving serious thought to going to this but had other commintets which i couldn't get out of. I have a tibetan client and he's been filling me in on the subject which is turelly shit.

It's true the French know how to protest properly. When they go on strike there's barricades and stuff on fire and stuff and they actually win stuff every now and again.

Over here four old blokes stand around a brazier for a couple of hours and then piss off home.

What I hadn't realised is that this was the first year that this international relay bollocks has gone on. Usually the torch is taken straight from the last games venue to the new one.

What fucking bright spark thought "Oh China that's an uncontroversial choice of host, I'm sure we could take an element of the opening ceremony for this games to a variety of locations around the world without it provoking too much trouble".

Dicks!
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 12:44:36 »

I don't get why the Dalai Lama doesn't use his super powers to free tibet.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 15:42:22 »

Quote from: "flammableBen"
I don't get why the Dalai Lama doesn't use his super powers to free tibet.
He isnt that type of Llama! You need Tony the wonder Llama!
http://www.quatloos.com/images_new/tony.gif

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, April 8, 2008, 18:06:21 »

Ime more worried about the fact that when the chinese olympics is finished we will want another one half hour later!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: