Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137787 times)
woolster

« Reply #660 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 20:56:28 »

Williams now on the radio  making no sense 
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #661 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 20:57:24 »

Can someone provide quotes of Williams' interview?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #662 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:00:26 »

Power said at half time that they weren't looking at bringing anyone else in (ie No out of contract players). We have spent £500k more on players wages this year and its now time for them to deliver.

Williams:
- They deserved to win the game
- They fought for everything
- We didnt match that
- Cant keep trying to hold on to 1-0 for 85 mins
- We need to defend with the ball rather than hang on
- Lack of belief after some bad results
- Looked good after the 1-0 lead and slowly got worse and dropped deeper and deeper
- When we try to be physical and aggressive we have people sent off.
- We need to be aggressive in a controlled manner
- Branco: Williams upset for him.
- We allowed this situation to happen by not controlling the game
- We didnt pick up the second ball at all
- We can play against teams who try to do what Rovers did, but we cant just score and then try to scrap and hang on
- Responsibility falls on Williams shoulders. He will try everything he can. If he cant rise to the challenge someone else will do it.
- Williams not having thoughts about leaving, but his answer to the last question was anticipating the call for his head
- Commented on it being a long journey back for Sendles White
- Barry hamstring tweak. Hence not playing
- Brophy felt sick at half time

Evans:
- Williams doesnt sound inspiring
- Can see what he's trying to do
- This nice stuff cant continue

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #663 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:02:59 »

That was absolutely awful, controlled the game for the first 15 mins or so and then went to pieces for the rest of the game.  The midfield was basically non-existent, lost every second ball and the total lack of a goalscorer was so evident - Norris one on one with the keeper and basically tapped it to him like a back pass!!!  So many mistakes from the defenders and a classic Thompson fuck-up to give them their second goal.  Relegation performance in every respect apart from Vigoreux who rightly won mom.
Flashheart

« Reply #664 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:03:10 »

As for the ticket situation. I've had nowt to say up until now until I realised that Power could have charged ST holders if he wanted to, but chose not to.

You can argue all you like about it being unfair on certain segments of fans and what not, and you'd probably be right.

Accusations of greed and the like though are demonstrably false though. He allowed the majority of tonight's supporters get in for nothing when he did have the option of charging them.

It may have been a misguided decision where PR is concerned, but how is it greedy?
mastapeaka

Ignore
« Reply #665 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:05:49 »

Can't see Williams getting sacked yet but he's clearly under some serious pressure. Thinking back to when Ling came in, he moved us straight to a back 4 and it proved successful. Williams continues with 3/5 at the back and we concede too many goals (previous two clean sheets at home appear to have been a good blip). Is it feasible that Williams could be moved back to coaching with another manager coming in? Would think he'd have lost the respect of the players if that happened.
Fucking frustrating can't see Williams getting us out of this. Hope I'm wrong.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #666 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:06:03 »

Williams now on the radio  making no sense  
Power was on earlier and said 'quote' - I could have sold tickets for this game for a tenner and made loads of money, but decided to reward the season ticket holders instead  -  I thought he was in business to make money ??.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #667 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:07:07 »

When you have players going off because they feel "light headed" it's an absolute fucking insult

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #668 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:08:23 »

When you have players going off because they feel "light headed" it's an absolute fucking insult
Why?

They initially said he was having trouble breathing as well, sounds like a sensible precaution to be honest
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #669 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:15:31 »

-Horrific and I think most people could see it coming a mile off. I'm struggling to see what our game plan is at the moment.

-We have decent players but look determined to hit the self destruct button at any point. There's no game management.

-Sat far too deep second half.

-Little supply for our strikers, both big strong lads and found themselves feeding on scraps a lot of the time. Any defence would struggle defending balls into the box against Obika and Delfouneso, we don't do it anywhere near enough. Norris comes on, jogs around a bit, misses a one on one under no pressure, straight at the keeper.

Williams already talking about 'someone else having a go if I can't turn it around' while sounding dejected, after 8 games.

Strap yourselves in, long season ahead unless Williams wakes up and finds a way to utilise what we have effectively.
Mother Brown

Ignore
« Reply #670 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:16:14 »

That was absolutely awful, controlled the game for the first 15 mins or so and then went to pieces for the rest of the game.  The midfield was basically non-existent, lost every second ball and the total lack of a goalscorer was so evident - Norris one on one with the keeper and basically tapped it to him like a back pass!!!  So many mistakes from the defenders and a classic Thompson fuck-up to give them their second goal.  Relegation performance in every respect apart from Vigoreux who rightly won mom.
Championship material  Huh?
No more questions m"lud
lambourn red

« Reply #671 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:19:03 »

Now JSW is out we have to endure Branco until January which is very depressing thought, surely Williams could see 3 against 3 was dangerous it was only a matter of time before they scored. The lack of depth is alarming we have 3 strikers who don't look like scoring 10 between them worrying times with no emergency loans available .
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #672 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:21:34 »

Apart from the bit of the game up to the goal, that was fucking shit.

Power's pre-match interview was fucking shit.
The ticket fiasco was fucking shit.
The resulting atmosphere and attendance was fucking shit.
The defence was fucking shit.
The midfield was fucking shit
The strikers were extremely fucking shit.
The first half was fucking shit.
The second half was even more fucking shit.
Nathan Thompson was fucking fucking fucking shit.
Branco coming over at the end thumping the Town badge on his chest was fucking shit.
The 3v8 fight that never quite started on County Road was fucking shit.
Everything is fucking shit.
--
Blips that weren't shit : Vigs, Kassim, Brophy, Goddard.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #673 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:21:58 »

Oh and sorry but Nath is a liability at the moment. Has been an accident waiting to happen (and has happened several times, cock ups or sendings off) since he got injured before the Preston play off final. We all love him and at times he's outstanding but I'm never having him as a centre half. Needs to be at right back or not in the team at all.
Sir Cliff Pipehard

Ignore
« Reply #674 on: Tuesday, September 20, 2016, 21:22:16 »

Absolute fucking toilet
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: