Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137809 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:53:53 »

STFC and Power  - a bit amateurish, it seems, not only on PR but also on "Legals" where it took a Court of Law and a lot of money to determine who owned the Club 

EFL regulation 28.4:    Every Club must have a publicly stated policy regarding ticket refunds or other arrangements for abandoned Matches. 

STFC does not, so far as I can see, comply with that regulation and it should arguably be challenged on this point.

Looking at three random "Charters" on Google which do show sufficient regard to fulfill this requirement, we see three different approaches:

Preston - abandonment anytime after start then a ticket stub entitles you to free attendance at next match - or a "discretionary" part refund

Plymouth - abandonment in second half, then a ticket stub entitles you to 50% off ticket for next game

Exeter City - Tough, you pay full price to come to the next game

It's all about opinions as to which of those three outcomes is right but (if I am right) the "Bermondsey Market" approach to bothering with regulation probably opens up the Club to deserved challenge. 

It may work with the Swindon Ultras  Apatheticos but I'd really love it if there was some sort of challenge as it would show passion on the fans side (C'mon Trust, if you're hard enough!) and may sharpen up the Club in areas beyond wheeler dealing.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 21:56:45 »

All well and good, but 50 quid says a new policy will say each game and refund policy will be considered under it's own merit.. So in effect a pointless effort. I agree though it does need saying though.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:01:29 »

This comment seems to have 'rattled a few cages'. Personaly I don't care what other people do, Ive paid once and I am not going to pay full price again, good luck to the season ticket holders, they put their money up front and deserve some kind of recognition, but if every 'pay on the day' suppporter does as I am going to and stays away unless tickets are reduced (which seems highly unlikely), and only season ticket holders turn up, how will that help pay the overheads ?.  Come on Mr Power use a bit of common sense here.

I quite agree.

It's like a personal vote....you are not right or wrong if you go or don't, it's your choice. Just like those who got an ST in the close season. It's a shit sandwich and you choose to have a big bite or not.

There's a lot of sneering at 'the idiots' on here which I find disappointing, this fiasco has upset some fans, most of those who actually go to games, home, away, abandoned the lot and they have let their feelings known.

The digs against these 'fools' from people that don't go to games at all I find slightly annoying.

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:07:09 »

I think it's all a cunning plan to keep the riff raff away. I'm all for it Jeeves.

Sorry I'm still going. Wink

I quite agree.

It's like a personal vote....you are not right or wrong if you go or don't, it's your choice. Just like those who got an ST in the close season. It's a shit sandwich and you choose to have a big bite or not.

There's a lot of sneering at 'the idiots' on here which I find disappointing, this fiasco has upset some fans, most of those who actually go to games, home, away, abandoned the lot and they have let their feelings known.

The digs against these 'fools' from people that don't go to games at all I find slightly annoying.

I think it's the way things are said rather than their actual meaning. It's fine to agree or disagree, to say this confirms Power is a crook, or say anyone who goes to the game is a disgrace.. That's being foolish, in my opinion.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 22:23:20 »

Sorry I'm still going. Wink

I think it's the way things are said rather than their actual meaning. It's fine to agree or disagree, to say this confirms Power is a crook, or say anyone who goes to the game is a disgrace.. That's being foolish, in my opinion.

Spot on. There are ways of saying things, and ways of making displeasure known. Wild rants, accusations, and name calling aren't the way it should be put over. Unfortunately a lot of the ire has been that way inclined, and it looks foolish.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 23:09:06 »

If every 'pay on the day' suppporter does as I am going to and stays away unless tickets are reduced (which seems highly unlikely), and only season ticket holders turn up, how will that help pay the overheads ?.  Come on Mr Power use a bit of common sense here.

Clearly, the Gasheads will incur the costs, which is fair enough as there wouldn't be any if we we'd abandoned v Fleetwood or similar.

Fair play to Rovers' hierarchy, they'll lay on free buses to encourage their minions to attend....Bristolians are wealthy people they'll stump up.

I don't suppose Power gives a fuck whether you bother or not.
Talk Talk

« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 23:23:05 »

Oh my life. 24 hours on and there's fucking pages of it.

Either go or don't, stop bloody whingeing
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 05:51:45 »

Ann Alder from the Swindon Supporters Club issued this statement;

"This is a difficult and sensitive thing to comment on and I don't wish to upset anyone further.
It doesn't matter what view you have you will always find some will be upset at the decision that has been made.
I understand the reasons for this decision as the Chairman has always said that Swindon Town FC had to be self sustaining. So we will need to have more policing, stewards, and all the other staff that are required to put the match on and they will need to be paid.
Season ticket holders for the first time in a long time come out ok so don't have any moans. So hopefully fans will try to get a Season ticket next season. I know not everyone is in a position to be able to afford one and there is no answer to that.
Those who are complaining are mostly people who pick their games and just come for the 'big' game.
I do feel for the Bristol Rovers supporters as they will have to pay travelling expenses as well.
If you look back on our history, we are lucky to have a club. Perhaps we should bear that in mind when the 'Power' that be makes these decisions."

Blimey
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 06:50:56 »

yeah, right on sister. Big game Charlies, kicking off. buy a season ticket fuckers.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 06:57:43 »

Ann Alder from the Swindon Supporters Club issued this statement;

"This is a difficult and sensitive thing to comment on and I don't wish to upset anyone further.
It doesn't matter what view you have you will always find some will be upset at the decision that has been made.
I understand the reasons for this decision as the Chairman has always said that Swindon Town FC had to be self sustaining. So we will need to have more policing, stewards, and all the other staff that are required to put the match on and they will need to be paid.
Season ticket holders for the first time in a long time come out ok so don't have any moans. So hopefully fans will try to get a Season ticket next season. I know not everyone is in a position to be able to afford one and there is no answer to that.
Those who are complaining are mostly people who pick their games and just come for the 'big' game.
I do feel for the Bristol Rovers supporters as they will have to pay travelling expenses as well.
If you look back on our history, we are lucky to have a club. Perhaps we should bear that in mind when the 'Power' that be makes these decisions."

Blimey

Fucking hell!

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 06:58:00 »

Ann Alder isn't a Newsthump character is she?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 08:08:23 »

Dear old Anne, she's a sweetie. It's the Supporter's Club job to back the club no matter what, the club could be owned by a cross of Power and Diamandis, and they'd still do their thing.....supporting.

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 08:43:23 »

That statement is cringeworthy.
When have season ticket holders not come out ok ? The poor dears usually get a rough deal do they ?

The decision is nothing but a kick in the teeth to anyone other than season ticket holders. It's divisive and short sighted. It treats some whilst hitting others in the pocket. Everyone who attended that game, however they attained their ticket should be treated equally for the replay.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 08:56:01 »

Oh my life. 24 hours on and there's fucking pages of it.

Either go or don't, stop bloody whingeing

It's a bit of luck, that we only have 3 more weeks of meltdown to look forward to.   The much discussed Brighton game 40 years ago was replayed right at the back of the season over 5 months after the original abandonment...then Town fans stewed over the injustice of the result, and so turned out in numbers despite having to shell out again.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Thursday, September 1, 2016, 09:07:04 »

Why doesn't everyone just buy an under 19s ticket for £12? They don't really check at the turnstile
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: