Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137810 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 08:04:43 »

Will somebody not think of the children.....
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 08:12:27 »

My favourite part

The Summer

"We're not spending any money, so why should I?"
"I don't like the product so I'm not going"
"I don't like the signing policy so I'm not spending my money"

After gasgate

"Stop treating us like customers"

soapy tit wank
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 08:17:50 »

The online T&Cs are still 2015-16 and don't mention abandoned games:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/swindontown/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx

Aha...
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/groundregulations.aspx
 5    In the event of the postponement or abandonment of the Match, refunds (if any) will be made in accordance with the Club's Customer Charter. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs.

Now where the fuck is the clubs customer charter.

Aha
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/CustomerCharter.aspx

9.MATCH ABANDONMENT
In the unusual circumstance that a match is abandoned/postponed we will provide full details of the re arranged fixture on the official website and social media channels as soon as possible.
Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/CustomerCharter.aspx#MrwDX2iqoh287jUx.99

Oh FFS! Clear as mud.

-------------
Do they even do this (aside)

On your last point the phone in is a fans forum. As for the rest T's and c's are often vague and written in geek speak, that will instantly be clear as day to lawyers if anyone challenges them...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 08:22:01 »

On your last point the phone in is a fans forum.

Ah, I see.

The T&Cs are vague, but are unarguably lacking a refund policy.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 08:35:06 »

Maybe it's a ploy to recoup the losses for staging the EFL Trophy games as I'm sure the club will make a loss on those.

I think you could well be right on this Flash.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 10:42:54 »

I did go on the Adver site as I expected they would have found someone for a sad face ticket stub photo but they don't seem to even be bothered with that, plus this in the sidebar of shame seemed much more interesting...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14712802.Swindon_woman_in_finals_of___39_best_bikini_body_in_the_world__39__competition/?ref=mr&lp=7
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 10:44:32 »

I did go on the Adver site as I expected they would have found someone for a sad face ticket stub photo but they don't seem to even be bothered with that, plus this in the sidebar of shame seemed much more interesting...

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/14712802.Swindon_woman_in_finals_of___39_best_bikini_body_in_the_world__39__competition/?ref=mr&lp=7

Is there a best burkini body in the world contest?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:11:48 »

Many years ago I travelled to Layer Road to watch us v. Colchester - the game was abandoned through rain after an hour and we got no refund or offers of another ticket!  There must be FL rules about this and I would think the club are within their rights to charge otherwise certain people would be all over this like a rash.  It would be seen as a gesture if the club offered reduced price tickets and sacked the person who announced to the crowd to keep their ticket stubs - that is where the real problem lays in my mind.  Whatever happens it will be seen as another stick to hit Power with!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:18:15 »

Many years ago I travelled to Layer Road to watch us v. Colchester - the game was abandoned through rain after an hour and we got no refund or offers of another ticket!  There must be FL rules about this and I would think the club are within their rights to charge otherwise certain people would be all over this like a rash.  It would be seen as a gesture if the club offered reduced price tickets and sacked the person who announced to the crowd to keep their ticket stubs - that is where the real problem lays in my mind.  Whatever happens it will be seen as another stick to hit Power with!

Never been to an abandoned away game....a few where I've pitched up to find it postponed and some where it's been a bit touch and go. I can't really think it's happened too many times down the years.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:30:20 »

Never been to an abandoned away game....a few where I've pitched up to find it postponed and some where it's been a bit touch and go. I can't really think it's happened too many times down the years.
Me too, went to Aldershot for a Boxing day game that was postponed an hour before KO back in 85 and in 2010 away to Exeter again a Boxing day game I think when it was postponed about 2 hours before KO, both times after I had arrived at the grounds.

Never been to an away game that was abandoned after it had kicked off that I can remember.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:33:52 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:37:49 »

Me too, went to Aldershot for a Boxing day game that was postponed an hour before KO back around 84 and only a couple of years ago away to Exeter again a Boxing day game I think when it was postponed about 2 hours before KO, both times after I had arrived at the grounds.

Never been to an away game that was abandoned after it had kicked off that I can remember.

I share the dubious pleasure of the Aldershot game. Bolton LC semi was another... Sad
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:48:42 »

Ditto for the Aldershot game.
Was on the supporters coach, arrived at a locked up ground behind the team coach.
Macari got off and looked ready for some GBH.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 11:52:07 »

I share the dubious pleasure of the Aldershot game. Bolton LC semi was another... Sad

Bolton was a late call. We were about 15 minutes from the ground.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 12:03:14 »

Ditto for the Aldershot game.
Was on the supporters coach, arrived at a locked up ground behind the team coach.
Me too, there were about 10 supporters club coaches that day and to call it off so late was poor.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 12:07:09 »

Is there a best burkini body in the world contest?

I think that sounds like something you would like to organise Reg, very distinguished, like yourself  Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: