Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137871 times)
Talk Talk

« Reply #285 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 21:57:43 »

Yep, I get that completely. Expectation fail. But in reality why is football any different? We live in an unsettled climate zone for gawd's sake. It has snowed in May and we have had torrential downpours in the summer before. I'm with the club on this. Fucking injured party/victim mentality. Let's all try and claim compensation shall we? Get a fucking grip.

Oh and I am extremely happy that I invested in the club with my season ticket to show my commitment and I have been well rewarded for doing so by not having to pay for the rematch.

Smug? YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Talk Talk

« Reply #286 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:02:33 »

At least when you buy a test match ticket you know how many overs are bowled before you lose the refund. Will have to see what the STFC publicly stated policy is!

Uh, how many instances have we had of games being abandoned in the club's history? Probably very few. So why would they bother having a policy? If I had to write something for my children about not being able to go to school because it was snowing would I make the effort?
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:06:30 »

Can people please not ask about past postponements please, it'll only encourage Reg to tell us we had a game called off in 1900 cos of the Tories not building a swimming pool.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:06:47 »

because as stated in the thread the league rules stipulate that there must be s policy
Talk Talk

« Reply #289 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:10:46 »

I've just written the policy Batch. Cheers.

"In the event of an act of God (whether this deity exists or not is not up for discussion is this document or whether he is responsible, factual, existent or fanciful), the football club shall and will decide to do whatever the fuck they like"

That ok?
Talk Talk

« Reply #290 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:15:39 »

Can people please not ask about past postponements please, it'll only encourage Reg to tell us we had a game called off in 1900 cos of the Tories not building a swimming pool.

The Tories DID build a swimming pool Ells. It was the old skool holiday resort for Bristolians at Severn Beach, called the Blue Lagoon. And in 1922... I think the pre-season friendly against Hamilton Academicals was passed over as STFC wanted to bathe in the clear Severn waters?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Severn_Beach

joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:21:19 »

Not affected as a ST holder, but agree with the majority, it's a poor decision.

The fact that an announcement was made telling people to keep ticket stubs suggests that someone behind the scenes was expecting the rearranged fixture to be a discounted price at least.

It could have had the potential to be a better crowd than Saturday (people away over Bank Holiday etc). Not going to happen now because alot of people won't be prepared to pay twice. Don't blame them. I wouldn't fork out £50.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:22:01 »

The online T&Cs are still 2015-16 and don't mention abandoned games:

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/swindontown/staticpages/termsandconditions.aspx

Aha...
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/groundregulations.aspx
 5    In the event of the postponement or abandonment of the Match, refunds (if any) will be made in accordance with the Club's Customer Charter. The Club will have no further liability whatsoever, including (but not limited to) any indirect or consequential loss or damage, such as (but not limited to) loss of enjoyment or travel costs.

Now where the fuck is the clubs customer charter.

Aha
http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/CustomerCharter.aspx

9.MATCH ABANDONMENT
In the unusual circumstance that a match is abandoned/postponed we will provide full details of the re arranged fixture on the official website and social media channels as soon as possible.
Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/CustomerCharter.aspx#MrwDX2iqoh287jUx.99

Oh FFS! Clear as mud.

-------------
Do they even do this (aside)

23.FANS FORUM
The Club will be holding a minimum of two fans forum meetings per season, details of which will be published on the official website and social media channels once dates for the forums have been agreed.
Read more at http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/club/CustomerCharter.aspx#MrwDX2iqoh287jUx.99
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:29:17 by Batch » Logged
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:23:02 »

I'm so glad we all have TalkTalk here to tell us what is right.
Talk Talk

« Reply #294 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:29:35 »

I'm so glad we all have TalkTalk here to tell us what is right.

It's just my perspective James

Apologies for even raising it

I would be better off going to Wankfest rather than posting on here.

At least they all know that they are furious wankers

http://healthyfriction.org/2016/08/01/healthy-friction-weekend-of-masturbation-in-key-west/
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:34:15 by Talk Talk » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 22:52:46 »

The Tories DID build a swimming pool Ells.

Well fuck me I can sleep happy now then (my point was, what happened 100 years ago is not relevant now. And the government is not relevant now)

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #296 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 07:14:37 »

So come on then, who is going to be first with the sad faces photos in the Advertiser? That's why people were encouraged to keep ticket stubs so they could hold them looking dismayed.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 07:20:33 »

Uh, how many instances have we had of games being abandoned in the club's history? Probably very few. So why would they bother having a policy? If I had to write something for my children about not being able to go to school because it was snowing would I make the effort?
I always thought that you get your money back / free entry for tge re-arranged match if the game is abandoned in the first half only.

Why are people moaning so much (especially the ones that probably don't even go to the match)?

Sent from my SM-G935F
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 07:33:33 »

I doubt the club will climb down and the proof of the pudding will be in the eating.

Be interested to see the gate for Gas replay.

Maybe it's a ploy to recoup the losses for staging the EFL Trophy games as I'm sure the club will make a loss on those.

Clems Army!
Panda Paws

« Reply #299 on: Wednesday, August 31, 2016, 07:35:55 »

Most clubs would do this. Most fans would have a whinge. Very few would start a fucking petition and call for the chairman to go. Some of us are very special indeed.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: