Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 51   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol Rovers Official Matchday Thread  (Read 137839 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #240 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:39:29 »

Although being a ST holder it does not affect me this is without doubt an own goal by the club, surely a £10 reduction on all tickets previously bought would have at least shown some goodwill while covering costs .
Flashheart

« Reply #241 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:52:54 »

From the 'special' FB group

Those with season tickets that dont boycott rovers game are an utter disgrace
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:58:53 »

From the 'special' FB group

Ha ha the unintended irony in that statement of theirs Smiley
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 16:59:26 »

Although being a ST holder it does not affect me this is without doubt an own goal by the club, surely a £10 reduction on all tickets previously bought would have at least shown some goodwill while covering costs .

How do you know £15 a ticket will cover costs?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:00:23 »

Agree with this. I'd also note that having announced over the tannoy that people shd keep their ticket stubs creates a reasonable expectation of at least a reduction for any rearranged fixture. To apparently go back on that was always going to create bad feeling. Needless self foot-shooting
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:02:21 »

Hang on a minute - Have'nt the club already made the 'normal' profit from 10,000+ fans ??, So this game is a 'bonus', they obviously see this as a chance to double their take - well they won't get away with it with me. I ain't paying again !!.Boycott the game.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:03:10 »

Hang on a minute - Have'nt the club already made the 'normal' profit from 10,000+ fans ??, So this game is a 'bonus', they obviously see this as a chance to double their take - well they won't get away with it with me. I ain't paying again !!.Boycott the game.

What, you think the police are going to say "don't worry you paid us last time, we'll work for free" ?

I'll go thanks.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:09:40 by Ells » Logged

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:10:26 »

Most of the costs of any football club are fixed, i.e. salaries etc.  The marginal cost of staging an additional game is relatively small. 

I was surprised to hear the announcement as I left the ground that people should retain their stubs but in doing so they set a reasonable expectation that there would be at least a partial reduction for the rearranged game for anyone paying full price for the original game.  Not very smart.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:18:15 »

The policing costs are mainly due to the presence of people from Bristol....Bristol is one of the wealthiest Town/Cities in Britain, so only right they should pay.

Most Town fans will be season ticket holders, bit of a bugger for walk ups, because Swindon has a low wage economy, but presumably they just won't bother next time.

That times are tough is amply demonstrated by SBC's decision to bin grass cutting and litter collection off the Council Tax.
lambourn red

« Reply #249 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:21:29 »

I don't know if it would have covered costs completely but if no one but ST holders turn up the old bill will still charge the same amount as Rovers fans will still turn up but probably only 5 or 6 hundred this time so the club will be out of pocket charging £15 would have probably seen 2 thirds of non ST return for the second game. Of course it is all speculation but I just think it is an own goal especially with the lack of perceived PR. From the club
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:27:41 »

People are aware that the club only has to pay for the police time for the police required inside the ground aren't they? How much do we really think that was?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:33:56 »

What, you think the police are going to say "don't worry you paid us last time, we'll work for free" ?

I'll go thanks.
Sorry,
Agree with you, there are police costs which need to be covered, but there still seems ample opportunity to reduce admission prices to customers who have already paid full price and have ticket stubs to prove it.

swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:36:09 »

People are aware that the club only has to pay for the police time for the police required inside the ground aren't they? How much do we really think that was?
Don't know figures but an earlier comment heard was that we only have to pay for police inside the ground, not those outside  Huh??  Anyone else heard this ??.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:43:12 »

It is inside the ground only, but 40-50 coppers on time and a half will still be 25-30k.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:43:25 »

In 2009 Wiltshire police were charging £55.58 per hour for one constable to attend an event.
Minimum charge period for a football match was 6 hours. So £333.48 for one copper.

How many on Saturday, say 100 so minimum of £33,348 not taking into account increased rates for senior officers and a lot of them came from other forces plus the construction of The Great Wall of the County Ground Car Park as well.

Don't know what the current rates are, but assuming there have been increases then at a guess maybe £40 - £45k.

Didn't see a helicopter but would imagine that would be quite pricey to deploy.

Source:
http://www.wiltshire.police.uk/information/documents/policies/181-charging-for-special-events/file

Edit: Just seen the posts re policing costs covering those inside the ground only.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 17:45:59 by Wobbly Bob » Logged

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 51   Go Up
Print
Jump to: