Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42142 times)
Coca Fola

« Reply #300 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 14:41:20 »

A few points

-Paolo shouldn't have started McEveley or Holmes as they haven't been a part of the cup run and it's unfair on the other players.
-We really missed Caddis and without him Ritchie is poor.
-Atmosphere was better this time round but still not amazing.
-The daytrippers seemed slightly less daytrippy this time round. No body told me to sit down which was good.
-We should have won the game with the possession and chances we had.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:04:54 »

You are wrong i'm afraid. watch the replay
I won't watch any replay of that game, but I will accept your word for it, my eyes deceived me!!!  Although it wan't Lester who was offside, just thought there were two others in the build.up!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:25:34 »

I thought the offside was clear a pass or three before the one that Lester scored from.

Can't bring myself to watch it either. I'll trust Arriba too.

Oh and Arriba, any news on Caddis?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:27:23 »

it was offside, when the ball comes down before lester scores it just touches the other northerners foot meaning its a pass to lester.

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:31:49 »

Oh and Arriba, any news on Caddis?

Not heard anything. We need him back badly though
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:32:38 »

Damn it, it keeps getting worse.

We didn't get free PDC masks.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:38:34 »

I think we should have worn white

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:42:10 »

Got no problem with Di Canio starting with Holmes as he has already played against Crewe and Torquay.  He has had a couple of weeks training with new team mates and should be reasonably familiar how his fellow team mates play.

McEverly was a little bit different seeing as that was his first game for the club.  Would have liked to have seen Cibocci start as Kennedy is wank.

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:56:30 »

The deliveries from the full backs was poor, Kennedy has a great cross on him.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 15:59:18 »

Kennedy positioning is piss poor however, and would have caused more problems for our already fragile defence
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:02:09 »

The deliveries from the full backs was poor, Kennedy has a great cross on him.
Not just the full backs!!

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:04:00 »

Not just the full backs!!

No doubt about that.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:05:14 »

I cut short a holiday in Portugal for that, and on reflection not the best move I have ever made but once a fan always a fan!

Just been reading through all the views and like any game people have different opinions on various aspects. For my two pennyworth I thought that Chesterfield did a job on us to stop the Town playing our "normal" game of Richie and Holmes being able to put in crosses/shots by cutting back inside apart from the odd occasion. Richie definitely misses Caddis overlapping and pulling defenders around to create space and Holmes had a full back up against him that knew what he was trying to achieve and stopped him most of the time. Result of this was that Benson and Connell were only picking up odd pieces and nothing really creative apart from the one glaring miss by Connell. Chesterfield were what an old mate of mine would call "down county" side, in that they got in the way of every pass/cross/shot by whatever means available to them and worked hard without really playing nice passing football and on the day it worked.

I totally agree with the comments regarding PDC's team selection, all very odd and not good for team spirit I would think - the last thing we need right now is the squad losing sight of the main aim which is promotion no matter what. Hmmm

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:06:24 »

I thought their disallowed goal was offside during the build up, not so much the actual goal but the bloke who ran through originally looked yards off at the time.

I wont watch the reply and I dont fucking care. That game was destined for 0-0 before the og. Two toothless teams out there yesterday.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 16:48:35 »

I feared losing this one due to our Oxford experiences this season.

For me, Swindon have won plenty of important games this season but have arguably lost all of our BIG games (Oxford and Wembley). It's my logic and it's purely based on what I believe the difference between big and important is!

I thought the first 45 was quite similar to the Torquay game. It would have probably been enough to result in a no-thrills victory in League 2 had it continued that way.

Second half was just flatout disappointing. I really felt for Risser and the counter attack goal was on the cards.

I hope we stick it to Bristol Rovers. I won't dwell on this and I hope the players won't either.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: