Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42128 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:37:48 »

Having just seen the highlights, Westcarr should never have been on the pitch at the end. Disgraceful behaviour.

It was... should face a 3 game ban for that now seeing as no action was taken at the time.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
woolster

« Reply #271 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:40:43 »

It was... should face a 3 game ban for that now seeing as no action was taken at the time.
what did he do? cant bring myself to watch highlights, thanks
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:44:46 »

what did he do? cant bring myself to watch highlights, thanks

Gave Devera a right hook, after both were doing a bit of shirt pulling.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:46:12 »

Ritchie did his best in difficult circumstances. Devera (who had a good game on the whole) only got beyond him once, and fluffed the cross.

Can't help thinking that Kennedy would have given more attacking support yesterday - at least with him on the pitch we would have had one full back comfortable getting forward and whipping in crosses.

Think this is spot on. I was going to post about Devera getting in behind once and fluffing his lines, but he can be forgiven as he's not strictly a RB.

As loads of people have already stated, playing the 2 new loanees was a mistake, they need to be given time to get to know how we play. Bostock looked lost and it took Mcevilly a while to get going.

Chesterfield defended very well, but it didn't help that some of our crossing and passing was pretty wayward. The chance where Murray burst down the left and then punted the ball out of play, overhitting the cross badly was case in point.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:49:05 »

The chance where Murray burst down the left and then punted the ball out of play, overhitting the cross badly was case in point.

Oh my days, that was frustrating.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:50:08 »

Think this is spot on. I was going to post about Devera getting in behind once and fluffing his lines, but he can be forgiven as he's not strictly a RB.

As loads of people have already stated, playing the 2 new loanees was a mistake, they need to be given time to get to know how we play. Bostock looked lost and it took Mcevilly a while to get going.

Chesterfield defended very well, but it didn't help that some of our crossing and passing was pretty wayward. The chance where Murray burst down the left and then punted the ball out of play, overhitting the cross badly was case in point.

Holmes was in acres of space at the back too. Little things like that really add to the frustration!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:06:19 »

We have a few chances where if we hadnt have fluffed it we would have been in a great position to score. Another example was Holmes when he got the ball in plenty of space when we had men forward in the box and he slipped. We lost the momentum of the move and they had time to get men back. Little things like that show it simply wasnt our day again.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:10:09 »

We have a few chances where if we hadnt have fluffed it we would have been in a great position to score. Another example was Holmes when he got the ball in plenty of space when we had men forward in the box and he slipped. We lost the momentum of the move and they had time to get men back. Little things like that show it simply wasnt our day again.

Yep, that one as well was really frustrating. I was queueing for the toilet most of the half time break, my dad said that part of the pitch where Holmes slipped was heavily watered at half time? any reason why, it was in the shade the whole time!!

(Murray's run was down the right hand side - my bad)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Loobug

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 12:31:30 »

My view on yesterday for what it's worth:

* Chesterfield full backs closed down Holmes and Ritchie very quickly so largely nullified our main threats.
* We baldy miss Caddis.
* Playing two midfielders as CB clearly doesn't always work.
* Benson and Connell had bugger all service and most of what they got was lumped up to them.
* The back four had no real pace.
* McEvely (sp?) looked alright, didn't get forward in support of Holmes as much as I'd have liked.  Needs to work on his passing because I lost count of the number that hit the guy who was closing him down. 

I think everyone's disappointed because they know the team can play much better than that but Chesterfield have to take a lot of credit because they defended and closed down really well.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game, the only thing I would add is that Murray doesn't change games for us and that Holmes benefitted fromt the space created by Chesterfield doubling up on Ritchie. Dissapointing but not a disaster. We played better football and next year we won't be in their position...
Faringdonred

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:03:10 »

* Chesterfield full backs closed down Holmes and Ritchie very quickly so largely nullified our main threat

A few teams have played that way against us this season - or they've filled the midfield with an extra man. I too felt gutted yesterday and I'm desperate to get to Saturday and get it out of our systems.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:30:21 »

Even though it is the Tin pot trophy I still feel a bit deflated today Sad Was such a good day out, it would of been ace to of atleast scored at Wembley and seen our fans go mad! I think like alot of people I was so sure we were going to win but ohwell thats football. Fair play to Chesterfield. We didn't take our chances. Anyway can't wait for saturday now, see all you true supporters there Smiley

RED ARMY
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:32:30 »

Even though it is the Tin pot trophy I still feel a bit deflated today Sad Was such a good day out, it would of been ace to of atleast scored at Wembley and seen our fans go mad! I think like alot of people I was so sure we were going to win but ohwell thats football. Fair play to Chesterfield. We didn't take our chances. Anyway can't wait for saturday now, see all you true supporters there Smiley

I am going Saturday! Hoping that the players come out of the blocks and we give Rovers a spanking!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:35:05 »

Old bill were cunts taking peoples cans of beer from them. Was pathetic how they jumped out of their meat wagon and started harrasing us and tipping our beer away like it was a drugs raid, was well ott.
Sade

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:41:05 »

I got told to top my can of cider (yeh classy bird me) down the drain by a policewoman on a horse! I was so embarrassed! Hmmm... such a rebel.

RED ARMY
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 13:41:16 »

Where was that?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: