Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42151 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:38:44 »

One of my gripes at the start of the first half was the poor (or lack of) link up between McEveley and Holmes down the left.  But then I thought that that improved noticeably as the first half wore on.  As others have said, Wembley probably not the right time/place to make your debut so, to an extent, I have some sympathy for him.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:52:17 »

Do we lack a plan B when our wingers are nullified/we are losing? 3-4-3 doesn't seem to work, yesterday and Oxford prove that... (i don't know if we went 3-4-3 against Crewe?)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:14:35 »

Not seen the challenge/assault on Devera yet, is it bad?

Well his fist connected with Devera's face. Was about as clear a red as you'll see, Ref/linos just completely missed it.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:21:55 »

I thought the support to our wingers was lacking a bit. There were not many overlaps etc. Thought their full backs coped quite well overall.

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:23:45 »

looked like a poor mans Arsenal on a bad day. No plan b and nothing on the bench that could change it.
Plenty of possession but no cutting edge.
Just didn't happen for us.

Saw loads of old friends and had a good day overall.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:51:48 »

Do we have another summer involving a high player turnover on the horizon?

I think we had 4 loan players on the pitch at various stages yesterday (McEvaly, Bostock, Holmes, Murray).

I did hope that after the shuffling last summer and in January we would have a really strong core and only need 3/4 additions.  But I can see 8/9 players coming in and with a similar amount going out?

I know that a lot of the player wages have been subsidised by Arbib/Black but the reliance on individuals no matter how wealthy worries me given the financial perils which this club has faced in the not to distant past.

I just think PDC got it wrong yesterday.  From starting with a loan player making his debut which as someone said could easily be a devisive factor within the squad. Then the Risser off, Murray on substitution which caused us to lose all shape.  If there were 10 or 15 minutes left then fine but it just looked a changed that had panic written all over it!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 10:53:41 »

Any news on Caddis? Has he had a setback or just a slightly too slow recovery?
REDBUCK

« Reply #262 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:10:42 »

Ritchie also needs to try going outside his man.

He turned in every time today - so easy to defend against. At least mix it up, Holmes at least went inside and outside and gave their full back something to think about.

Left footed player with no great turn of pace favours his better foot  - Shock
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:14:48 »

Left footed player with no great turn of pace favours his better foot  - Shock

Which is why we should try using him on the left now..

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:16:52 »

Mcevely (sp) was so much better than cibbochi it was embarrassing. Ok it was his debut but what did he actually do wrong? He had composure on the ball, took his time and pretty much every time found a man in red. Cibbochi when he came on put his first 3 touches off the pitch, there was a gulf in class between the two and I see this as a great signing for the rest of the season and next. Yes he didnt gun forward too much but that will come, however defensively and with the ball he was leagues above cibbochi and kennedy.

Disagree Mex. As soo as Chibo came one we had much more attacking threat down the left. He overlapped so much more than McEverley did. I dont think McEverley did much wrong but Chibo offered us more. He should have started.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:17:09 »

Ritchie did his best in difficult circumstances. Devera (who had a good game on the whole) only got beyond him once, and fluffed the cross.

Can't help thinking that Kennedy would have given more attacking support yesterday - at least with him on the pitch we would have had one full back comfortable getting forward and whipping in crosses.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:19:27 »

And while I am doing a bit of gentle PDC bashing, what was the point of Smith on the bench yesterday? Foderingham can save penalties too, so we had immediately limited our options off the bench.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:23:01 »

And while I am doing a bit of gentle PDC bashing, what was the point of Smith on the bench yesterday? Foderingham can save penalties too, so we had immediately limited our options off the bench.

Like all sub keepers, absolutely none unless the regular keeper gets injured!

We may not have got past Wimbledon if he hadn't saved those 3 pens, so no complaints for me. But this can't have been PDCs thinking given the squad selection.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:24:59 »

My view on yesterday for what it's worth:

* Chesterfield full backs closed down Holmes and Ritchie very quickly so largely nullified our main threats.
* We baldy miss Caddis.
* Playing two midfielders as CB clearly doesn't always work.
* Benson and Connell had bugger all service and most of what they got was lumped up to them.
* The back four had no real pace.
* McEvely (sp?) looked alright, didn't get forward in support of Holmes as much as I'd have liked.  Needs to work on his passing because I lost count of the number that hit the guy who was closing him down. 

I think everyone's disappointed because they know the team can play much better than that but Chesterfield have to take a lot of credit because they defended and closed down really well.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 11:28:51 »

Having just seen the highlights, Westcarr should never have been on the pitch at the end. Disgraceful behaviour.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: