Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42152 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #240 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:22:21 »

To add, just seen the first goal as we missed it yesterday half time beer an all that

Not much Risser could have done about it, shame for him
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:28:44 »

Just to say i had a great day out,regardless of the result,and we are going to have some great days out next season also.
The Green man was rammed but pretty well organised i thought and in the main both sets of fans were a credit.
Looking forward to turning the Gas off on Saturday now.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:30:59 »

And let's give a special mention to Leefer who approaches his 10,000th post.

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:33:37 »

Mcevely (sp) was so much better than cibbochi it was embarrassing. Ok it was his debut but what did he actually do wrong? He had composure on the ball, took his time and pretty much every time found a man in red. Cibbochi when he came on put his first 3 touches off the pitch, there was a gulf in class between the two and I see this as a great signing for the rest of the season and next. Yes he didnt gun forward too much but that will come, however defensively and with the ball he was leagues above cibbochi and kennedy.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:34:04 »

And let's give a special mention to Leefer who approaches his 10,000th post.

Hadn't noticed that. Cheesy
phelpsieboy

« Reply #245 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:35:34 »

Mcevely (sp) was so much better than cibbochi it was embarrassing. Ok it was his debut but what did he actually do wrong? He had composure on the ball, took his time and pretty much every time found a man in red. Cibbochi when he came on put his first 3 touches off the pitch, there was a gulf in class between the two and I see this as a great signing for the rest of the season and next. Yes he didnt gun forward too much but that will come, however defensively and with the ball he was leagues above cibbochi and kennedy.
I thought McEveley played well too be fair, very composed, won alot of headers and had good positioning, I am a huge Cibo fan, and even I felt Mceveley was the better of the two yesterday
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:38:06 »

Dont agree Mex,i didn't think he was that good yesterday,certainly not a level above what we have anyway...did he cross the halfway line,get any crosses in....good player and your view on him may come to fruition,but not on yesterdays showing in my book.
We all see it differently though because a friend gave him our MOM!

Oh and happy 10,000th to me.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:44:06 »

First and foremost he is a defender, chesterfield got fuck all down that side. The thing I found most impressive about him however was he never lost possession and I can't remember one misplaced pass. As for not crossing the half way line that's bollocks i'm afraid, he was always supporting Holmes, ok not overlapping but was always available for the pass and he whipped in a few good crosses. I think those that went should watch the game on tv and I am certain then you will re evaluate your opinion of him.

And congrats/commiserations on 10,000 posts.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:47:53 »

First and foremost he is a defender, chesterfield got fuck all down that side. The thing I found most impressive about him however was he never lost possession and I can't remember one misplaced pass. As for not crossing the half way line that's bollocks i'm afraid, he was always supporting Holmes, ok not overlapping but was always available for the pass and he whipped in a few good crosses. I think those that went should watch the game on tv and I am certain then you will re evaluate your opinion of him.

And congrats/commiserations on 10,000 posts.

Will do,got it recorded and will give it a watch later....maybe i was harsh about the halfway line and i am a big fan of Cibbochi and my judgement may be dimmed by the fact i thought Cibbochi should have started the match for sure.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 08:57:49 »

I think McEveley looked solid, if not spectacular. I think i'd have just liked Kennedy or Cibocchi to play instead of giving him his debut, i doubt it would have changed the result in any way, however.

Talking of watcvhing the highlights, I think I need to see them, as despite reading what Risser has to say, my initial reaction was that he could and should have done better, and was hindered by his chronic lack of mobility.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:16:27 »

How did westcarr stay on the pitch after his punch on devera?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:22:29 »

How did westcarr stay on the pitch after his punch on devera?
Tans - cos the referee was a cock!!  Total and utter and the linesman on the dug-out side was even worse.  The assault on Connell which didn't even warrant a talking to, the offsides the lino missed in the first half - I got the feeling if we had scored he would have found a way of not allowing it.  A clear foul on Connell in the build-up to the second goal, although the game ws lost by then anyway.  Not a really controversial report from anybody, although I did think Holmes contributed more than he has been given credit for.  Ritchie was piss poor, he should have made way for Murray.  The og was a disaster for Risser, but had Ritchie done his job and stopped Westcarr getting the ball in it wouldn't have occurred.  After a good night's sleep I still think the same way about it, wrong team sent out - terrible to give debuts to two brand new players.  Just hope it has not affected morale too much.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:32:31 »

Not seen the challenge/assault on Devera yet, is it bad?

Agree with comments about the officials - a number of GK/corner decisions were given the wrong way for both teams, and a few offsides seemed to be missed. Agree that there was a foul on Connell just before the second goal too.

However, that's not why we lost. The defeat is purely down to our inability to break them down, and our inability to put it in the net with the chances we did muster up.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:33:33 »

lot of criticisdm for Rithie and Holmes on here, both saw lots of the ball (mainly thanks to ferry) but I dont recall either getting past their full back once....but perhaps maybe we should give the full backs a little more credit?

Chesterfiled were a lot better than I thought they were going to be tbh, I was expecting a shambles. Alright, they werent exactly barca going forward but for a team at the bottom I thought they defended very resolutely...fair play to them.

And fair play to spirite fans, had some good banter with a group of them in the globe beforehand...
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, March 26, 2012, 09:37:10 »

Who was named man of the match? I similarly thought their full-backs were strong, but would have given it to their centre-half (Hurst?).

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: