Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42143 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:24:41 »

Yep IOB we just cant seem to crank it up at Wembley

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:25:56 »

Yep IOB we just cant seem to crank it up at Wembley

Which annoyed me a lot more today than the result did.
doomster

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:36:14 »

Im dissapointed we lost but at least it was only the JPT i guess. It was Millwall all over again for me sadly though. We had possesion but did nothing with it. I thought we were ok first half without creating anything. Second half though we were bollocks though. Not sure why McKevely started. He should have gone with Cibo in my opinion. Stick to what you know. Today again highlighted how much we miss Caddis as well.

Our support was awful again. Im not sure I want to go back to Wemley. Our support there just frustrates me. Chants just didnt catch on sadly even in the singing section and the usual generic chants as well.

We can still win the league and let's be honest it is he biggest prize we could have gained back in August and it be quality if we do.

TBF Wembley is just shit acoustics wise.............it is just typical of the FA to spend a spunk load of cash on a ground that can't grow grass properly, has seat way to far away and manages to make any sound/noise appear to have come from unique fishbowls..........creating a din of noise with nothing legible to anyone but the person sat next to you.

We played like you would expect for a side with no right back, and a midfielder at centre back.  Bottom line was we failed to defend and were woefully to slow getting the ball from front to back.

Paolo needs to develop a plan b for games like this his tactics normally work but when we face teams intent on spoiling we need to work an alternate option. 

Well done chesterfield on the win.

Shite game to watch terrible quality and an awful advert for lower league footy.

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:38:05 »

Must be just me but I didn't think Chesterfield threatened us at all until we went to 3 at the back & were getting caught on the break. But fair play to them they scored & we didn't.

And that was the main problem, we just didn't look like scoring.

We didn't play great, but I don't think we were shite either, and the one thing with this group of players is that even though it wasn't going well they kept trying, unlike most of the shite from last season.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:45:34 »

Think a lot of people, myself included were surprised how hard it was to break them down. The truth being I think they wanted it more than us. Feel disappointed tonight but we will have our day with promotion which was the real aim all along. Bring on the Rovers.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #215 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:53:45 »

I thought Holmes was absolute bollox. He saw so much of the ball and did fuck all with it. His shooting was fucking dire as well. Ritchie was even worse. Benson did hisd best and Connell showed why he keeps getting dropped. Ferry was good but Smith wasn't. As for the defence, how many fucking times did they have a 1 on 1? I felt sorry for Risser with the goal - their player did exactly what Holmes and Ritchie didn't - put it hard and low in the box.
Overall I thought we were shite and Chesterfield deserved their win. how many balls did they ping behind our full backs?
As for the atmosphere, i was in block 131 and I couldn't hear much.
The Green Man was better after the game than before it because you could gget a fucking drink.
Yet another fucking wanky day out at Wembley.
Roll on Rovers and than God this final is behind us. 
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 21:54:54 »

real real shit to lose. the same as milwall.

missed caddis as said above but we have enough good players, but they just didnt put it together unfortunately

saw joey devera in a wembley taxi rank afterwards. he said it was shit. which it was

but at least with this team and this manager we know we'll bounce back, just tough to take today
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:02:20 »

Just got back from Wembley, all be it after an episode at Reading on the train involving a couple of drunk Swindon fans and ridiculous O.T.T old bill...that's another story in itself though....

onto today...well 2 visits to Wembley now and 2 defeats with 0 goals seen for Swindon, a worrying performance that saw Chesterfield see our gameplan and close down very well. Ritchie was poor and has been for 4/5 weeks now which is worrying...whether he is missing Caddis only time will tell??! Not sure what it was but it felt like we were the Wigan side that played against us in the FA Cup (dominating possession but didn't really go anywhere?)...Connell should have scored 1st half, guess he didn't realise how much time he had on his hands.

Didn't see the 1st goal as was finishing off my pint where I saw the Chesterfield end bouncing around, just thought they were welcoming back their side after half-time, how wrong was I?...Atmosphere was a lot better than the Millwall game and good to see us take 29k. Just shows the potential we can have if we move up the leagues.

Anyway enough of blabbing, I'm tired, cranky, pissed and gutted (yes people will say it's only the JPT but to lose 'there' twice in 3 years and score 0 goals is a bit frustrating to say least)...up at 7am for work & another long week!

Keep the faith! C.O.Y.R -We'll bounce back! (Just hope we keep going in the league and go up automatically now-not sure if I could take another visit 'there' and see us be defeated again :S )

#VivaKenBarlow!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:02:41 »

I thought Holmes was absolute bollox. He saw so much of the ball and did fuck all with it. His shooting was fucking dire as well. Ritchie was even worse. Benson did hisd best and Connell showed why he keeps getting dropped. Ferry was good but Smith wasn't. As for the defence, how many fucking times did they have a 1 on 1? I felt sorry for Risser with the goal - their player did exactly what Holmes and Ritchie didn't - put it hard and low in the box.
Overall I thought we were shite and Chesterfield deserved their win. how many balls did they ping behind our full backs?
The Green Man was better after the game than before it because you could gget a fucking drink.

At last someone I concur with.How can people say Holmes was good?Pathetic effort from our best opening second half and delivery piss poor.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:03:50 »

Must be just me but I didn't think Chesterfield threatened us at all until we went to 3 at the back & were getting caught on the break. But fair play to them they scored & we didn't.

And that was the main problem, we just didn't look like scoring.

If it hadnt of been for the own goal i'd have bet my house on it finishing 0-0 after 90 minutes. Neither team looked like scoring.

I dont think Holmes was bollocks. He put in a few decent crosses and had a few decent shots but not enough considering the time, space and service he had during the game. Still our only likely threat though.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:15:41 »

Thought Holmes was still one of the few players who looked like creating something today. Far to often our wide men were isolated and were continually forced to play it backwards, for me that was pretty much the pattern for the whole game. Credit to them for making us do this.
dporter

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:23:31 »

Having just about calmed down after today's result i am about to watch the highlights(?!) of today's game. Anyone else bothering to watch it?!
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:24:19 »

Completely agree. It was extremely frustrating watching Holmes try and take on their left back, hitting it into him EVERY TIME, and losing possession. The odd time he did get a cross in, it wasn't the best of deliveries.

I was comfortable being 1-0 down so early in the second half. We had 40 minutes to score a goal or two. First half we dominated, and being the 'second half team' we are, I wasn't nervous at all. Then it gradually reached 70th-80th minute and I was getting a little nervous, getting flashbacks of Millwall.

In the end though, we had no chances. I remember a Connell volley and a header that the keeper pushed over the bar. Other than that, did we really threaten their goal? Chesterfield had a couple of one-on-ones, one of which he shanked it wide, the other which he slotted right at the end. They probably deserved it, having had the better chances, although we had majority of the possession and played the neater football. Still not the same football we've been used to this season.

Also have no idea why we played McEveley. Nor why Bostock came on. He was utter bollocks, despite my spurs supporting friend saying that he's 'sick' and he'll 'score a goal'.

SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:24:43 »

I've got the 'highlights' on.

Doubt i'll watch it all.

pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 22:25:01 »

Having just about calmed down after today's result i am about to watch the highlights(?!) of today's game. Anyone else bothering to watch it?!

Yeah watching it on my laptop. Missed the own goal. Feel sorry for Risser.
See how many chances we actually had. Whether we played better on TV than IRL.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: