Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42153 times)
woolster

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:01:50 »

nice to meet leefer & dv, 1st half the atmos was superb, 2nd half it went a bit millwall, that is all Head Hurts
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:02:59 »

nice to meet leefer & dv, 1st half the atmos was superb, 2nd half it went a bit millwall, that is all Head Hurts
I thought we outnumber them by 2 to 1, yet they seemed a lot noisier than us!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:03:51 »

McEveley is getting some seriously mixed reviews here...for what it's worth, I didn't think he stood about as being particularly bad or particularly good on the day. But I thought Holmes was tearing their full back apart, so what do I know?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:09:51 »

Missed Rissers own goal getting a hotdog for my lad.

Haha, I missed the first goal getting a hotdog for my daughter.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:11:16 »

McEv wasnt good or bad.

Infact his performance was very Kennedy like if anything.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:12:25 »

One worrying aspect for the last few games, last three away games we have lost 2-0 and not really looked like scoring.  Need to turn that around and quickly.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:14:56 »

McEv wasnt good or bad.

He didn't look out of place, which, given the circumstances, i.e. the fact that he was making his debut at Wembley only about 2 days after signing, was quite impressive in my book.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:18:33 »

McEv wasnt good or bad.

Maybe after more than a couple of days with the squad he'll improve his understanding and be better?

Lost count of the number of chances we've created and squandered; not just in today's game but throughout the season. On our day (Which today obviously wasn't!) we are strong in every single area apart from upfront. If we had a good, solid partnership up top our goals for column would be in 3 figures by now.

It's All Good..............
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:21:01 »

McEveley is getting some seriously mixed reviews here...for what it's worth, I didn't think he stood about as being particularly bad or particularly good on the day. But I thought Holmes was tearing their full back apart, so what do I know?

tis true but his end product was shocking today.

I'm just disappointed the lads who have been with this club all season playing in this trophy were not given a chance to play. DeVita, Kennedy. Also (i've not read all this) where was flint?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:21:03 »

My take on it:  hated the way two new players came straight into the squad and both got on the pitch,

I agree fully. You got to earn the right to play for the prize. PDC obviously saw it as strengthening our chances, I think it is madness for two players to make debuts at Wembley. That is my opinion.

Didn't help Bostock had a stinker when he came on either. Not saying that he isn't a good player. We'll see.

McEveley tried to get the ball down and out to Holmes.

None of the above were the main factors of our loss. The main factor was not scoring first, as Ciobocci is god said. Could have gone either way, though it was always worrying how fragile our defence looked.

And while I think Holmes was our best player in the first half his end product did let him down.
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:23:09 by Batch » Logged
woolster

« Reply #175 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:22:14 »

hated the way two new players came straight into the squad and both got on the pitch, have a horrible feeling it could well hit the togetherness we seem to have - if you were good enough to go to Exeter or Southend and see us through then you deserved to be in the squad for Wembley.
spot on
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:31:18 »

And you to,thanks for organising a good day out.
We were second best second half and though we had some good moments over all i think we played to deep meaning our wide players were having to do a lot of work just to get to the 18 yard box.
Foderingham played well and over all we did ok.....but for me the result was just about right.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:39:43 »

Reason why we lost was because we didnt have a decent left or right back.

Needed a Caddis or a decent left back to provide supporting runs and hence options to both Ritchie and Holmes.

Not sure why Wes kept on kicking the ball to Ritchie in the first half as Ritchie was always marked by 2 players.  Holmes in comparision had loads of space.  Thought he was are only good player.

Can see why Di Canio doesn't rate Connell, poor first touch, had a poor understanding with Benson (Benson won loads of flicks and Connell never knew where to go)

Overall Chesterfield deserved the win as the chances they created were of quality, whilst Swindon never looked like scoring in a month of Sundays.

Ah well, onwards and upwards
Tamworth Red Army

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:43:14 »

The best part of the day was seeing Sir Lee Peacock sitting with us fans, the man is a legend !!! And I don't want to go to Wembley for at least another year or so !!!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 19:46:43 »

Maybe after more than a couple of days with the squad he'll improve his understanding and be better?

Lost count of the number of chances we've created and squandered; not just in today's game but throughout the season. On our day (Which today obviously wasn't!) we are strong in every single area apart from upfront. If we had a good, solid partnership up top our goals for column would be in 3 figures by now.

Totally agree - Hate to say it but a Charlie Austin would fill his boots.
This team needs another Striker and I would not be surprised if we pay a price for a decent one if (when) we go up.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: