Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42145 times)
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:39:31 »

Obviously will not mean as much as winning the league, but that was a pathetically poor performance. They let themselves down.
DMR

« Reply #136 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:42:53 »

Very disappointing. Ferry bossed it in the first half but we never gave him a touch second half, why not? Lee Holmes has regressed beyond belief since his last spell, I know they doubled up on Ritchie but he was abysmal and our set pieces were hilarious, short corners infuriate me.

A massive shame to gas it at Wembley again- I won't go there again. Now let's put this cunty league to bed.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:43:54 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17419742

I am not convinced that the lass who wrote this attended the game or did any homework at all!!
Don Rogers moustache

I bleed Red

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:03:20 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17419742

I am not convinced that the lass who wrote this attended the game or did any homework at all!!
It wont be the 1st time the BBC are not actually there

There is a forgotten, well almost a forbidden word, which means more to me than any other.

That word is ENGLAND!!!
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:04:35 »

I was tied to the TV at the Merlin, which was frustrating as hell, since the cameras couldn't deal with the shadow, so half the pitch we never saw!!  But what we did see was poor finishing, and a lot lacking in central midfield.  McEvely looked really good, don't understand the criticism of Holmes, who was the one player who was penetrating, and there were some excellent cross field balls to him.  I understand the criticism of Ritchie, but he had two men on him - he still worked very hard, even if things didn't come off for him.

I can't get too worked up about it, because it wasn't bad....it just wasn't very good, (but then I didn't spend all that money - I could not be there) and as several have said, you have to score goals to win matches.  
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:13:31 »

I was tied to the TV at the Merlin, which was frustrating as hell, since the cameras couldn't deal with the shadow, so half the pitch we never saw!!  But what we did see was poor finishing, and a lot lacking in central midfield.  McEvely looked really good, don't understand the criticism of Holmes, who was the one player who was penetrating, and there were some excellent cross field balls to him.  I understand the criticism of Ritchie, but he had two men on him - he still worked very hard, even if things didn't come off for him.

I can't get too worked up about it, because it wasn't bad....it just wasn't very good, (but then I didn't spend all that money - I could not be there) and as several have said, you have to score goals to win matches. 
I agree with that. I also liked the short corners (which I don't normally) between McEveley and Holmes.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:19:09 »

Obviously will not mean as much as winning the league, but that was a pathetically poor performance. They let themselves down.
I agree totally that they let themselves down. In general though it was a disappointing performance but not 'pathetically poor'.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:23:37 »

Holmes was the best player on the pitch for 45. Like Ritchie as a player but he may as well have watched the game from the stands today. Opposition snuff him out without caddis.
DMR

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:26:51 »

I agree with that. I also liked the short corners (which I don't normally) between McEveley and Holmes.

At what point did we ever threaten with one of those corners? Or are you fishing...
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:28:01 »

Odd, I thought Mcevelly was shite, and holmes completely in the pocket of their right back.

Only town players who played like we know they can today were ferry, devera and foderingham.

Very dissapointing performance, but at least I didn't get wet

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:30:01 »

Haven't read though any of the thread. At Waterloo, still on our way home. But in short, a great day out - spoiled, yet again, by the football. We met a lot of friends, and made a few more. (Good to meet you, Jimmy O.)

Very disappointed. But, unless we fuck up spectacularly, all this should seem a distant memory in a few weeks from now.
nochee

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:38:49 »

Chesterfield stopped us playing our game. They knew our approach and halted what we wanted to do. Their first goal, lucky or not, I don't remember to be fair, killed us. They defended very well all game and we lacked the final ball. Tactically they done us. It does hurt and I'm bitterly disappointed. Shit happens
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:44:33 »

Oh well.

So long as we get the fuck out of this league - hopefully as champions - then the bad memories of Oxford x2 and Wembley will be banished for all eternity.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:48:45 »

At what point did we ever threaten with one of those corners? Or are you fishing...
Twice at least. Holmes ended up in really good positions as a result of playing it short. I can't remember what happened with the final ball now (I'm in the process of erasing the whole thing from my memory) and obviously we didn't score but that's not the fault of the short corner itself.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 17:50:27 »

Odd, I thought Mcevelly was shite, and holmes completely in the pocket of their right back.

Only town players who played like we know they can today were ferry, devera and foderingham.

Very dissapointing performance, but at least I didn't get wet
Their right back had a great game to be fair. Although how you can think McEveley was shit is beyond me.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: