Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Chesterfield Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42152 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:04:56 »

Their defence was surprisingly resolute for a team that's let in so many. Perhaps Sheridan's point about playing better quality opposition every week had something to it. 

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:11:34 »

Fuckety - fuckety - fuckety- fuck!

Beaten by the better team on the day.

No creativity.

Second half Holmes was played out of the game.

Smith and Hurst played very well for them.

For us I thought that Murray and Bostock offered nothing. Ritchie is half the player without Caddis overlapping. Devera looked fairly assured as did McCormack - Both however looked shagged for the second goal. Taking off Risser totally buggered up the formation and the players looked lost. Benson and Connell huffed and puffed with little/no service and no quality. Smith and Ferry created little in midfield.

Poor and disappointing performance - Let's hope we dont have to go back there in the league!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:18:37 »

Well that was ball breakingly disappointing. The team in general and Ritchie in particular did not do themselves justice. That illustrates to me why Di Canio is desperate to get a big physical striker as Connell and Benson are too similar. And how much do we miss Caddis??

On the plus side, McEveley looked like he had been playing for us all season and looks very decent indeed.

And let's not be sour losers (not saying that anyone has been - yet), absolute fair play to Chesterfield. They scrapped, battled and defended like their lives depended on it. Although if I was a Chesterfield fan, the question at the back of my mind would be "Why the fuck have they not played like that the rest of the season?"
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:24:31 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:29:18 »

I guess it goes without saying that we've got to just forget all about today and not let it affect our league form. We're the best team in the division without doubt so let's prove it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:30:57 »

Arse. I'm beginning not to like new Wembley.

No sour grapes, Chesterfield didn't pass it around as well as us but they had the better chances. Can't help feel we helped them out a bit in this our defending was surprisingly poor.

Thought first half Holmes and ferry were outstanding. Connell should have scored and we were generally on top.

Second half was fairly disastrous, rissers own goal was one of those things but we never got going.

Most disappointing was our inability to fashion a clear cut chance. Front two were ineffective.

Disappointed. If we had scored first I think we would have won it.

Hey ho.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:32:56 »

That was flat and we could have played another 3 hours and not even come close to scoring. No cutting edge.

Chesterfield also has bugger all threat. We scored their first and they only got a few breakaway chances and ultimately their second goal because we over committed which we only did because we scored a goal for them.

Had 0-0 written all over it.

Matt Ritchie was wasteful all game. Holmes only every other time. I would have given Ritchie 10mins second half on the left to get into the game before hauling him off.

Fląt flat flat
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:40:39 »

Was disappointed with Di Canio's interview. Said that his senior players let him down. Implied that Risser let him down. Don't think he did. The OG was one of those things. You could say that the ball could have been cleared beforehand, or that the Chesterfield player was offside in the build up, but, that shouldn't have been the end of the game.

If Di Canio was punishing Risser by taking him off, I think that was proved to be a mistake. Without him, we had no shape, which resulted in no ability to pass the ball around and move into areas that could create chances for us.

We could have got back in it with Cibbocci's header. Phenomenal save from their keeper, who had nothing else to do other than get in the way of a defender's header in the first half. Other than that though, Cibbo didn't do alot - He ran at the defence much more than McEverley, but the quality of his passing was poor.

think I just wanna sit here and cry. This has been a crap end to a crap week!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:43:27 »

That was flat and we could have played another 3 hours and not even come close to scoring. No cutting edge.

Chesterfield also has bugger all threat. We scored their first and they only got a few breakaway chances and ultimately their second goal because we over committed which we only did because we scored a goal for them.

Had 0-0 written all over it.

Matt Ritchie was wasteful all game. Holmes only every other time. I would have given Ritchie 10mins second half on the left to get into the game before hauling him off.

Fląt flat flat
Think I agree. Would have brought De Vita on for him and swapped wings with Holmes.

Wouldn't have brought Bostock on, because he hasn't played enough with the first team to know their passing and movement game. To me, he look just the same as Abdulla. Receive and pass. Receive and pass. Although his passes weren't that great.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:46:29 »

Not the time for a mass inquest but gutted.

Really missed Caddis and thought chesterfield were a lot more resolute than I has banked on.

If they are bottom of league 1 then we have some serious work to do in the summer.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:47:16 »

You could say that the ball could have been cleared beforehand,
I don't want to play the blame game but...the goal was Ritchie's fault. He could and should have cut out the cross in the first place. There was fuck all Risser could have done about it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:49:14 »

Not the time for a mass inquest but gutted.

Really missed Caddis and thought chesterfield were a lot more resolute than I has banked on.

If they are bottom of league 1 then we have some serious work to do in the summer.
I think that is the real point from today - Unless they have a load of professionals who can't be arsed upon from in 'big' games? Hmmm? Seen that somewhere before!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:49:43 »

I don't want to play the blame game but...the goal was Ritchie's fault. He could and should have cut out the cross in the first place. There was fuck all Risser could have done about it.
Too true.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:58:54 »

I really must question the line up. Why play 2 lads who have come in on loan in the last week over players who have played all season? Kennedy? De Vita?  They were not up for the fight and were left wanting. Holmes couldn't cross a fucking t.

Risser was unlucky with the goal and can't be blamed.

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 15:59:05 »

Oh dear. The Mongfest begins on BBC Wilshire Roll Eyes
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, March 25, 2012, 16:00:48 »

I really must question the line up. Why play 2 lads who have come in on loan in the last week over players who have played all season? Kennedy? De Vita?  They were not up for the fight and were left wanting. Holmes couldn't cross a fucking t.

Risser was unlucky with the goal and can't be blamed.
I thought McEveley slotted in perfectly and looked good and Holmes was our most dangerous player.

Agree about Risser though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: