Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Season Post Mortem  (Read 6850 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 00:06:26 »

It wasn't a brilliant season , but the main thing was it was football and not behind the scenes that took centre stage, i  got the bug back this year and had my highest season total of games since 1992. Hopefully now we are stable a few others will get back into going, which will help the on the day sales, god knows i know enough of them.

me too.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 00:42:00 »

I think I went to exactly the same number of league games, and probably less cup games as we didn't have as many.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 07:18:24 »

McGinlay looks like he's piled on the pounds -

http://www.cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/Home/CoachingDirectors/tabid/5459/Default.aspx

Still a total wanker.

WHAT?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

Are you telling me that cunt lives and works in Cincinnati?Huh?Huh??

If only I'd known.......
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 09:04:26 »

WHAT?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh???

Are you telling me that cunt lives and works in Cincinnati?Huh?Huh??

If only I'd known.......

You're not gonna tell me you've been there recently and missed out on the opportunity of paying him 'a visit' ??

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 10:26:38 »

I'd be happy with a season of consolidation which is my expectation. Eventual promotion can be achieved but I don't think it's realistic to expect a promotion push after such a crap season

We can take a bit of heart from Millwall....they had a poor season 07/08. Jackett a bit like Wilson a journeyman with a patchy record, did a bit of wheeling and dealing in the summer, got in a few without spending much if anything, and turned them into a PO side.

Gary Alexander seemed to be the catalyst, yet if MM had signed him, he'd have been royally slagged off.

So it can be done.  The key is the Cox replacement. When SSP went Kingy tried to replace him with a proven goalscorer namely Cureton...I'm not sure we can do that..I'd rather we went for a big target man, who might score us a few, but not necessarily an out and scorer....think a bit like the Chief.

This would then free up Paynter, who might be capable of scoring a few more.  In addition, a centrocampista, who can score a few would be a massive help.

What's Fallon doing?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 11:20:13 »

Luckily we have a habit of turning unproven strikers into top scorers;Steve Finney,Peter Thorne,Chris Hay,Sammy Parkin Rory Fallon and now Cox for example.Hopefully DW can unearth someone similar,I trust him to do it.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 11:44:04 »

You're not gonna tell me you've been there recently and missed out on the opportunity of paying him 'a visit' ??

Kind of. I spent 3 years living in Dayton, 45 minutes up the bloody road. Grrrrrrrrrrr.........
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #52 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 11:52:01 »

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that we shouldn't really set our expectations so high until we know who will be in the squad and see what we can do in the first 10 games.

Replacing Cox will be tricky, but our options up froint need a massive overhaul anyway. Aside from Cox, all I would keep is Paynter. Peacock will be useful as backup but mainly as a midfielder. So assuming Cox leaves we need 3 more strikers. What happened to Joyce, did he get injured? I expect us to use our younger players more often next season.

I think we need to improve as a whole, we scored 5 more goals this season compared to last, yet have 8 points less.
flammableBen

« Reply #53 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 11:54:22 »

I completely disagree with you si.

Peacock is in no way useful for anything.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 12:18:54 »

I completely disagree with you si.

Peacock is in no way useful for anything.

I've seen him have the odd good game in midfield, when he seemed up for it. But overall I think we could survive without him and there are better options out there.

I reckon we'll be going after another Simon Cox - someone young at a big club, Premier League or top of the Championship who needs games and we'll be using Simon Cox going nuclear as a selling point. Maybe someone on a season long loan rather than an outright sale.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 12:25:10 »

He hasn't been brilliant this season but he's still under contract and I'd sooner have played him rather than Easton, Nalis or Pook. Will cost to much to get rid, he can do a job if we have injuries or need to hold the ball up a bit more in the latter stages of games.

We do need a player like Kanu though, more selfish but can make things happen. He scored one every 5 games which isn't a bad return and will help us out if our central midfielders don't get forward so much.

Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 16:36:13 »

He hasn't been brilliant this season but he's still under contract and I'd sooner have played him rather than Easton, Nalis or Pook. Will cost to much to get rid, he can do a job if we have injuries or need to hold the ball up a bit more in the latter stages of games.

We do need a player like Kanu though, more selfish but can make things happen. He scored one every 5 games which isn't a bad return and will help us out if our central midfielders don't get forward so much.

agreed, but kanu with a right foot if he's planned to play right wing please

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:05:38 »

I fucking hate that cunt for conning the ref for Robinsons red in the Semi v Bolton.....

Clems Army!
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:09:59 »

agreed, but kanu with a right foot if he's planned to play right wing please

I might be wrong but it seemed to me that most (if not all) of HRK's goals came when he played on the right wing and cut inside.

Putting to one side his abject performance against Rovers, I'd like to see him here again next year.

We'd probably have to see Reading go up for that to happen though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #59 on: Monday, May 4, 2009, 19:26:28 »

McGinlay looks like he's piled on the pounds -

http://www.cincinnatiunitedsoccer.com/Home/CoachingDirectors/tabid/5459/Default.aspx

Still a total wanker.

Im actually very dissapointed at how trim he looks. Hardly any fatter then when he was playing!

To be honest, I thought that Fitton would do something about Malpas in the summer. Because it was already blatent that the bloke was totally out of his depth. Then watched in horror as practically every player turned us down until we were signing players off youtube. I was stunned at how easily we beat Tranmere, took me about a week to believe it. Went to Cheltenham all gee'd up, got back to the pub and sat head in hands realising that we were crap after all. Worse, was the reaction of the players. They didnt have a clue that they had been beaten by far the worst team in the league, and they didnt care. Thought they could milk the applause from the fans after the game.

The next 3 months were just torture waiting for Fitton to get fed up with the rubbish he had appointed. At one point I honestly thought he would let Malpas finnish the season. In the end it was only the failure to provide cup run wonga that caused Fitton to act and to be honest I was gutted he let it drag on so long. Watching players like Easton (who could have been good) decay into squad filling rubbish.

This time weve got a man who can get us top 6. For me last season was fake excitement. We didnt want to let Fitton down with the season tickets. This time everyone knows how tough the league is and what they have to do.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: