Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bra Vs Arg  (Read 2834 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 20:48:59 »

I don't think we'd be fucked, it'd be 50/50, England have just as many quality players as Brazil.

Frank Lampard, Gerrard, Ashley Cole, Rooney, Owen, Defoe, Crouch, Beckham, Wright-Phillips, Joe Cole, John Terry, Carragher/Ferdinand/Sol Campbell.

All quality players. I don't think they're team is any better than England, they drew 2-2 with Japan in the semis! They also only made second place in their group and I don't rate Argentina particularly highly.
magnum150

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, June 29, 2005, 22:20:27 »

We do have a bucket load of quality players at the moment, if they all play as well as they can then yes we could win. Only problem is, when have england ever played to their potential.

I have never seen us really play well in all areas.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, June 30, 2005, 09:05:43 »

+ I don't think Eriksson has much idea about tactics, or changing them. That was far too obvious both last summer and in 2002. We do have good players but you need a top coach as well.
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, June 30, 2005, 10:58:28 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"
+ I don't think Eriksson has much idea about tactics, or changing them. That was far too obvious both last summer and in 2002

And yet the overpaid prick is still in charge!. :?
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, June 30, 2005, 11:46:43 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Crouch, Carragher

All quality players.

Not sure they're world-class, wouldn't like to see them starting any World Cup matches. Admittedly they've both had good seasons but overall they're just about adequate back-up.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, July 1, 2005, 07:24:44 »

Seeing Roque junior play reminded me of the night when sammy gave him the run around and made him look second rate ,he didn't look like a world cup winner then.I can't believe he still plays for Brazil,but he is a defender and we know brazil can't defend. Wink

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
McLovin

« Reply #21 on: Friday, July 1, 2005, 08:16:26 »

I personally wouldn't let Campbell get anywhere near the starting lineup if i were in charge.  Ferdinand, Carragher, Terry, King are all superior IMO.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Friday, July 1, 2005, 08:21:07 »

Carragher has been insturmental to Liverpool winning one of the biggest cup competitions around - that qualifies him as world class I think though I wouldn't have him as a first choice, Ferdinand and Terry for me.

Crouchie will get better and better, you watch.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:27:30 »

Crouch is cr*p by international standards. you want to win the world cup? Owen and Rooney every time.
CARTMAN

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:33:11 »

providing rooney hasn't got himself sent off for spitting his dummy out and swearing at the ref
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, July 29, 2005, 15:48:57 »

Well obviously!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: