Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Dan Wheldon Crash  (Read 13838 times)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 19:23:21 »

Very,very sad.....you cannot compare it to F1 for one simple reason,F1 dont have the banking and that is what makes Indy alot more dangerous,once a car slides at that speed then there is no where to go.
To many cars in that race last night.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 19:32:21 »

Taking Indy cars off of oval circuits would completely kill the sport.

That'd be like taking Monaco off the F1 calendar.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 21:40:28 »

Kubica at Montreal springs to mind.

Wow hadn't seen that before, to look at the crash you think he's incredibly lucky not to have been seriously hurt. Fair play to F1, they've obviously made an effort to improve driver safety and it's worked.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 21:45:33 »

This crash shows the difference for me. Mark is airbourne for a long time and if there was that long run off area it could have been worse and also those tyres are great at absorbing the energy from the crash. Still very lucky.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 21:55:43 »

To be honest Webber was lucky the driver he hit from behind was unscathed,not great driving that.
Coca Fola

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 22:10:31 »

Taking Indy cars off of oval circuits would completely kill the sport.

That'd be like taking Monaco off the F1 calendar.
Apart from the fact that oval circuits are shit and boring.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 17, 2011, 22:14:11 »

Donelly's leg was smashed to pieces - he was lucky to live.

Anybody scene "F1 the killing years" on the Beeb? Shocking how many people had to die before they took it seriously

Yeah that's a fascinating documentary and horrible all the same. Watching Roger Williamson burn alive whilst Purley tried to help him was crazy.

Think Indycar will be fucked in a few years. In the main, oval tracks aren't popular enough with the fans but the main ones are needed to keep the sport alive. They could probably run the Indy 500 and the Firestone Twin 275s only. For oval racing the Yanks seem to prefer NASCAR.

Hence why they've crammed so many cars into a circuit which is a mile and a half long and then offered a $5m prize to a non-regular driver who can win from the back of the field. Desperate to boost the profile, unfortunately it's done it for the wrong reasons.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 07:32:52 »

To be fair NASCAR is shit as well.

Bring back the street circuits IMO

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 07:53:52 »

To be fair NASCAR is shit as well.

Bring back the street circuits IMO

I love NASCAR.

The street circuits in Indy/Champ Car racing have always been the best in my opinion. And Jeff Krosnoff aside, seem to be a lot safer.

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 16:16:00 »

Yeah that's a fascinating documentary and horrible all the same. Watching Roger Williamson burn alive whilst Purley tried to help him was crazy.

Horrible to watch that bit - he received a George Cross for his efforts didn't he?

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 16:31:29 »

Horrible to watch that bit - he received a George Cross for his efforts didn't he?

Shocking the way the marshals all ran away and refused to help, if they had they'd have probably got him out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 18:10:37 »

None of the marshalls had fireproof clothing at that time. It's sad to say but in that scenario i'd probably have been inclined to stand and watch also

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, October 18, 2011, 19:41:32 »

I'm not trying to turn this into some kind of sick dick waving contest, but the one that makes me shudder is the Tom Pryce fatality.

Car crashes and is on fire. Marshall runs across track with fire extinguisher and Pryce comes around the corner and has no time to react to avoid him. His head hit the fire extinguisher at stupid mph. He and the marshall died, but the details are horrific - I won't post them here.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 07:01:32 »

I'm not trying to turn this into some kind of sick dick waving contest, but the one that makes me shudder is the Tom Pryce fatality.

Car crashes and is on fire. Marshall runs across track with fire extinguisher and Pryce comes around the corner and has no time to react to avoid him. His head hit the fire extinguisher at stupid mph. He and the marshall died, but the details are horrific - I won't post them here.

My Grandad told me about that one. Definitely not worth repeating.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, October 19, 2011, 07:53:18 »

It was the chap who died at Monaco (?) who couldn't get out of his car and just sat and burnt alive that got me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: