Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Northern doomed v Southern doomed. RAFC v STFC  (Read 28615 times)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:29:56 »

Fair play to Hawes, calling out Currans ability as a professional football player - Sheridan is obviously backing Curran

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:30:29 »

Apparently Sheridan hasn't signed any of the players that have come in - so that sits squarly with Jewel and Power then
And this is part of the reason I wouldn’t have Wellens back. He was brought in at the recommendation of Jewell, was clearly close to him, who in turn is close to Power. I fail to believe that Wellens wasn’t part of the clique and wouldn’t have known some of the shit going on or was happy to go along with it.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:30:42 »

Round of applause for Hawes going all-in on Sheridan and Taylor Curran!!! MOTM

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:31:30 »

hahaha. he's not happy with the Curran question.

Hawes giving the opinion about it Smiley
Not only unhappy with it, refusing to answer it !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:31:31 »

Fair play to Hawes, calling out Currans ability as a professional football player - Sheridan is obviously backing Curran
Wow! What did he ask?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:32:12 »

What did he ask?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:33:37 »

"Why do you keep playing the waterboy, you prehistoric prick?"

I come from a land down-under
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:33:43 »

Sheridan:
- We are where we deserve to be with the goals we keep conceding
- We do it week in and week out conceding bad goals
- Missed opportunity tonight
- The basics are what we keep doing wrong
- You can work all week and show things. But if you go on the pitch and stop thinking you are not going to win football matches
- First goal: People not being switched on. Not looking over your shoulder. He gets time and space. Let cross come in too easily. We had plenty of men there, but they don't get close and tight
- Second goal is comical. They are sprinting and we are jogging after losing the ball 80 yards up the pitch
- If we believed in ourselves we would have won. They were calm and we were rushing and rushing and rushing
- Why arent the players responding: Two or 3 weeks ago everyone was saying we looked good against Rovers and Fleetwood.
- Saw players saying we looked solid after that in the media. I dont like that. We havent changed much since and we have conceded silly goals
- No where near good enough
- Changes made, Pitman frustrated, Payne making chances. Why Broadbent?: Where did Pitman's real good chance go? Where did it go? Where? I didnt feel he was in the game tonight and so took him off
- Our best striker tonight was J Grant!
- If I had 10 Payne's out there. He trains 100%. He plays 100%. We have not got one player good enough to play at 70% What Payne has is desire. I'm trying to help him as he has thing to work on. But I would like 10 Jack Paynes!
- Is squad not committed enough to avoid relegation? I'm not saying that with 5 games to go. I'm letting everyone down. Not going to hide that. Its not good enough. We've come to a team bottom of the league thinking we should have won, but we didn't.
- They sprint to score a goal. We jog to try to defend it. Its not good enough
- Smith and Omotoye - What does that say about the recruitment? I've brought loans in. But I haven't recruited people
- Manner of the goals is.....I keep going back to when I played. Its about players organising and bossing. We are not doing it
- Confidence is low because we keep making it difficult and losing
- Bitten off more than you could chew? I'm very down. I knew you'd ask questions. Its not good enough. But, I've got to have belief as we have 5 games left
- I dont want this. I didnt want to lose. I wanted 3 points tonight
- What development have you seen in Taylor Curran? I'm not going to answer that. Why are you picking him out? (Hawes says he has rarely seen a player look so uncomfortable on the ball). Sheridan: I disagree! What about the errors the other made in the last 25 games! I think its wrong to bring Curran into this. Its too close after the game. You are entitled to ask, but I'll talk about it in the dressing room.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:34:33 »

"Why do you keep playing the waterboy, you prehistoric prick?"

Post of the night - Hawes might have well just said that instead of being polite about it

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:35:04 »

What did he ask?
Basically asked him why he kept playing him when he looked 'Unhappy' on the pitch.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:37:03 »

Methinks he doth protest too much about the Curran question

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:37:28 »

I don't recall there being much love for RW when he elected to leave the club

I have never said anything else about Wellens apart from I was gutted he left but didn't blame him for going.  I have always said I would have him back in a heartbeat, and I have also said that I believe he has been our best manager since Di Canio (as far as style of football not style of management).

What everyone tends to easily forget with Wellens is that it was not just his managerial capabilities but also the way he united the club and the fans, communicated well with the fans and was always involved in the community.  Sheridan is a shit manager, I think we can all agree, but take away his managerial capabilities, there is no reason why he couldn't attempt to unite the fanbase with the club, communicate to the fans more often and in a less contemptuous manner.  We are left with asking whether he can be bothered to turn up - that's where we are..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:37:58 »

Happy to single out players... except one player. Very odd.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:38:51 »

Hope:
- Massively disappointed
- Need to put it right on saturday
- All need to play better as a team
- Need to defend as a team. And create more chances
- Its not just defenders. We need to do better collectively
- Communication between us on the field needs to be better
- Hawes: Its a bit late for that! Is there a way you can improve? Its not over. We'll stick together and fight to the end. The team and those not in the team and the management and whatever!
- More energy to performance? Close down higher up the pitch? Uuuuh! I guess so. Something we'll look at in the week
- Everyone is gutted in the dressing room
- We've got ourselves in this we've got to get out of it
- Everyone is massively disappointed. This is not where we want to be. The result is not what we wanted. We have important games coming up
- We put in last season. But that's gone now. We have to focus on trying to keep in this devision
- Wing back role? First time played there was at Fleetwood. Doing what I can to help the team.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Tuesday, April 13, 2021, 20:42:29 »

What did he ask?

Hawes: What development have you seen in Taylor Curran?
Sheridan: I'm not going to answer that! Why are you picking him out? Go on, why him?
Hawes: Disagree with me if you will, but I have rarely seen a player look so uncomfortable on the ball on the pitch.
Sheridan: I disagree! I disagree! He's played in the last few. What about the errors the others made in the last 25 games! I think its wrong to bring Curran into this. Its too close after the game. You are entitled to ask, but I'll talk about it in the dressing room.

Or something like that

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
Print
Jump to: