Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Coventry - Matchday Thread  (Read 24148 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:09:51 »

El abd was outstanding

Rodgers was wank

Brophy looked very promising today, fair play.

Keeper had a howler for the first

Best performance I've seen all season, never deserved to lose

Things get better but they never get good
EldeneRed

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:26:43 »

Was putting up a poster in a Chinese restaurant in Chipping Norton when the goal news suddenly appeared on the tv, just as it happened. Scared the owner half to death.
Skinny Pete

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:27:07 »

Get Louis Thompson back into midfield and bin Rodgers, Robert for Ojamma and play Obika and Ajose in their proper positions and we can kick on
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:27:14 »

Haven't read back but here goes.

A bit of passion, pride....the argy-bargy showed they cared too.

At two zip (undeserved) we didn't collapse or fold and at 2:2 I thought we might of nicked it as they were on the ropes....and then the position thief Rodgers takes it....the fall before he took it was better than the kick itself....shite.

The shithead was superb and Branco was geeing the players up too.

Vigs fucked up for the first IMO.

Gladwin scored by beating and shooting, perhaps he should do that more often as the feint, feint, give the ball away was tiresome.

Ref was a bit shit....although the pens looked straight forward to me. How many fucking dives did he let go...weak.

There was a buzz in the TE and hopefully something to build on.

Positive for the first time in weeks.

Clems Army!
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:27:33 »

Thought we played well. El Abd and Turnbull both played well, but I have to single Branco out who I thought was outstanding.
Rodgers was useless, as was Ojamma. (sp). Robert was lively when he came on. Would like to see Obika and Ajose given a few games up front together as I think the could be a handful.
Overall, a lot better. Good too see a few injured players back.
Bring Louis in for Rodgers and Nathan in for Barry when both fit and things will start to look positive again.
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:45:05 by Quagmire » Logged
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:41:17 »

Oh, and props to the dickheads who left at 2-0 down, but a special mention to the bloke in our row who left a few minutes after we pulled it back to 2-1. We've just scored, we're back in the game, pushing for an equaliser, there's about 3 minutes left and the game's in the balance and you decide to leave then. WTF?

There were people leaving at 2-2 in the DRS literally just as we'd be on the attack and were about to take a corner. Fucking melts, they belong in the same cell as Brind.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:42:04 »

Barry is clearly a limited footballer, but I thought he was fairly solid today - tried to get forward on occasion but otherwise was keeping it simple.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:49:41 »

hmm, just me on the penalties being soft then.

theirs from our angle it looked like their man  ran into a spinning el-abd and fell over.

ours I thought Ajose backed in a bit, felt a hand over his shoulder and fell over.

meh, who cares, they cancelled each other out
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:49:53 »

Much improved from the shite served up at the Den last Saturday and in the weeks before - I thought we were fairly dominant throughout and the crowd got up for it last 10 with the comeback. Plenty to build on and reason for optimism.

Agree Barry was solid with a few wayward passes, his best performance for us - however if Nathan Thompson is out long term we need to enter the loan market for a right back as Barry isn't good enough to start regularly.

Turnbull obviously a huge improvement on BOO at left back, he had Kent in his pocket. I really hope we drop Rodgers when Louis returns.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:52:50 »

That feels like a win. I thought we kept an attack that had the potential to overrun us completely under control until their goal - it opened up a bit after that. We were slow going forward and struggled to move and get behind them at all - but there really were hopeful signs.

The good:

Both Branco and El Abd looked solid.

Turnbull was good - he's very much a centre back out of position but he is significantly better than BOO. I'd rather see us return to last years shape - Turnbull on the left of a 3, Brophy out wide.

Brophy - I've not seen many games recently so can't comment on what he has been like. Yes he is raw, but there's something very promising there. Shifts his weight well to beat a man and doesn't mind having a go. Keep working on him I say. Once players are fit you could have NT playing as a defensive right wing back, Brophy pushing on down the left.

Gladwin - I have some sympathy for him trying to be elaborate and it often not coming off. He needs men running off the ball - Ajose was, but he needs more. All that meant was that he had to go on this own - Cov kept him on his left when he wanted it on his right. Ironic that he then smashes in a cracker with his left!

Ajose - ran his socks off on a hiding to nothing. As Chalky White said on the radio afterwards, he needs a man with him, which hopefully he will have when Obika is fully fit, Thomas is back etc.

Robert - on for 10 mins and showed imagination and urgency.

I'm not going to dwell on negatives. When you're on a losing streak like this we're not going to flick a switch and be world beaters. It's worth remembering that when we have players back and on form, Rodgers is unlikely to play. I would imagine the club is more interested in developing Bangoura and Traore, and getting Louis T back out there.

Onwards and upwards.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 17:55:24 »

Overall I enjoyed that game, quite open and Coventry are a decent side, although they are like us and have defensive problems! 

I'd like their defensive problems think they've had something like 5 clean sheets in a row, and have still conceded the joint least in Div 3. Only ColU have conceded more than us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 18:07:33 »

yup, their keeper was on for the Coventry consecutive clean sheets record today... until gladwin.

thought he looked dodgy myself, especially kicking under pressure
Mrs Miggins

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 18:17:27 »

The bloke that sits next to me in the DRS, spent the first 80minutes moaning, and then walked out. 
That'll teach him to leave early.  On 2nd thoughts maybe it's an omen & I should suggest he buggers off early every game.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 18:22:46 »

I'd like their defensive problems think they've had something like 5 clean sheets in a row, and have still conceded the joint least in Div 3. Only ColU have conceded more than us.

Their defensive lynchpin Reda Johnson has a bad injury which I assume rocked their defence a bit.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, October 24, 2015, 18:43:21 »

Let's not wrote Ojamaa off yet. New at the club and at the same time as our worst run in recent memory. Jordan Stewart's experience goes to show that perhaps the past couple of months haven't been the easiest time to join. Hopefully that will now change and we'll start to see promise from them both.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: