Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FM 2013  (Read 13755 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 11:34:46 »

i like in classic mode that you can unlock cirtain things, like abolish work permits etc, no idea how you do it, not read into it.
Unless its just locked on the demo.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #31 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 12:33:49 »

Can anyone recommend a cheap/loan keeper as Foderingham is utter shite and I signed Danny Coyne on a free and hes not much better.

Salif Diao is pretty good in midfield on a free as is Cristiano Zanetti.

George Francomb is a good cheap right back a position Swindon is lacking in the game(!) I signed him for £80k from Norwich.

Don't sign Jason Koumas as he is shit.

Also nobody wants to buy or even take out on loan Benson, L Rooney, De Vita, Devera or Smith.

I also signed Sam Parkin from St Mirren for £80k and hes got me 3 goals in 4 games but A Rooney has got 7 in 5 games and is the best Swindon player for me.

Ritchie, Roberts, Ferry, Williams and Collins are all very average and injury prone in my game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Cibocchi_Is_God

The Italian Stallion

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 13:02:59 »

I signed Rob Lainton from Bolton as a replacement for Fods, who is dreadful!
He's not got the best scout report, but he's pretty well rounded and his stats are coming along well for me. Should give him a go...
I'm really lacking an out and out goalscorer, usually there is one or two top strikers on a free, like Brandy from recent FM's.. But I can't really seem to find one!
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 13:25:38 »

Williams has scored something like 15 for me as a poacher coming into December. Since the game updated from beta to full game I've really fallen away and keep getting beat 2-1. A new gk and a new AMR/AML needed to give Ritchie and Roberts some competition though. Not sure the board will sanction this though as we're overon the wage budget and currently losing £200k+ a month
Peter Venkman

« Reply #34 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 13:41:07 »

I started the game well with a 4-0 win against Yeovil and penalty win against Watford away in the LC then 2-0 away win at MKD and a 2-1 win against Stevenage and then I have gone on a losing run of 5 games in a row including a 3-1 defeat at the Pox.

I just cant find a tactic that seems to work consistantly for my team. I think I should start blaming the embargo or saying in public that the players I bought in arent good enough Cheesy

Actually I do find it very hard to get results at the moment, I even tried my old tactic that did well in FM2012 and that was awful in FM2013.

I started off well as a 4-4-2 and have tried 4-2-4 and 3-5-2 and 3-1-4-2 but nothing seems to stop me conceding silly sloppy goals and not being able to score more than 1 a game.

Peter Venkman

« Reply #35 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 13:43:00 »

Oh and Miller has missed 3 penalties for me this season, he no longer takes them for me!

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 18:05:30 »

most people are experiencing the same problems, jj. read the sigames forums if you want to lose faith in humanity.

the main problem seems to be with defenders not closing down or tackling properly, ignoring through balls and goalkeepers generally being a bit hopeless.

i'm into my second season now and only managed to finish 10th in my first season, although i found that dropping the defensive line deeper helped a lot. i went on a decent run towards the end of the season after tinkering with my tactics.

it's worth reading the tactics forum if you're struggling, the match engine has changed considerably this year and if you don't adapt you'll have problems
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 18:50:49 »

I've taken one look at the full mode and bombed it straight off for classic. Not just on the time consuming front but it's so much nicer to navigate around as well. The full version is one big clusterfuck of information.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, November 5, 2012, 21:39:56 »

now we're talking, FM running a dream on new laptop. just started a classic game as town, got a few old timers in on free's
Zenden
Melchiot
Zanetti
Also got Mahmadou Sibide to cover in goal
Will see how we get on.
Spud

« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 04:39:28 »

Melchiot was a beast in my Swindon game.

Started a new game in Italy with Parma. First game up, Juventus at Home....nice 1-0 win. Next game, away to Meeeeeeeelan, 3-2 away win. Going nicely along so far!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 08:34:23 »

most people are experiencing the same problems, jj. read the sigames forums if you want to lose faith in humanity.

the main problem seems to be with defenders not closing down or tackling properly, ignoring through balls and goalkeepers generally being a bit hopeless.

i'm into my second season now and only managed to finish 10th in my first season, although i found that dropping the defensive line deeper helped a lot. i went on a decent run towards the end of the season after tinkering with my tactics.

it's worth reading the tactics forum if you're struggling, the match engine has changed considerably this year and if you don't adapt you'll have problems
I will go have a read about tactics on the SiForum because I just can't fathom out the tactics at the moment, I will give the defending line deeper a go as you suggest but again as you state the defence is awful and keepers totally ineffective in their role of shot topping for me so far.

But then again it could be that Foders has poor stats in comparison.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 10:49:34 »

Cant buy a win at the moment, might start again, only managed to win 1 friendly and lost my first 4 games, this is shit. :-)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 12:48:49 »

I will go have a read about tactics on the SiForum because I just can't fathom out the tactics at the moment, I will give the defending line deeper a go as you suggest but again as you state the defence is awful and keepers totally ineffective in their role of shot topping for me so far.

But then again it could be that Foders has poor stats in comparison.
my back four was:

Foderingham
Devera, Ward, Flint/Troy, McEveley

After tweaking a bit I got them playing quite solidly with only the occasional tragic mistake.

This season I've got Caddis back which is great.

I've noticed that adapting tactics according to your opponents and even during the match is more important than ever. I think l plug and play tactics are finished. ..
Peter Venkman

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 13:22:49 »

I've noticed that adapting tactics according to your opponents and even during the match is more important than ever. I think l plug and play tactics are finished. ..
I am sure you are right with that, tactics do vary in-game much more with more of a noticable change during match play.

I wish i could get Caddis back the defence does miss him badly, Devera or McCormack just don't cut it at RB and I sent Thompson out on loan to Salisbury for the year.

Definately a work in progress working out these tactics.

Freddies Ferret

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2012, 13:31:22 »

Adam Rooney is an absolute beast on this game
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: