Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryan Shawcross Tackle  (Read 14888 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:03:42 »

Does Wenger ever get fined for his ridiculous comments? He's such a tool.

To be fair, that was a pretty controlled response compared to how he reacted after the Eduardo incident - pretty certain he ended up issuing an apology as he went way over the top.

I still can't figure out how Ramsey's leg got broken like that. As others have pointed out, his ankle was at an angle prior to the tackle going in and it looked like the tackle would have hit on the protective guard. So what the fuck happened?

I'm wondering if his leg was already under strain due to the angle of it and the tackle going in was the final straw causing the break. Pity Sky didn't do a proper analysis like they did on MOTD. I want answers.

« Reply #46 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:34:38 »

As a Stoke City supporter, I would like to thank you all for your reasonable comments about the Shawcross/Ramsey incident yesterday. We are an unfashionable club sitting in with the big boys at the moment and they really don't like it.

I was at the game yesterday and have watched the incident many times since on TV. It was not a malicious tackle, it wasn't high or with studs showing. It was just a bad accident, it looked like Ramsey's ankle had already gone over before any contact with Shawcross.

His team mates were that concerned for his welfare that they went chasing after the ref to get Shawcross sent off. (Campbell and Fabregas were a disgrace). well done our own Glenn Whelan for actually sitting with Ramsey and comforting him through his obvious distress.

We may be a big, strong physical side, but we play fairly. Too many clubs in the Premiership forget that football is a contact sport and we should just sit back and marvel at how pretty Arsenal's passing play is.  I have followed Stoke since the mid 70's and we have had to play the rough and tough stuff. The lower leagues are full of strong sides, look how hard it has been for Leeds to get back up; I'm hoping you can still pip them to automatic promotion and they fail in the play offs for the 3rd year running..
Good luck for the rest of the season..

Proud Stokie
dell boy

« Reply #47 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:38:57 »

ankles never mend. I was lucky enough not to require pins in mine, but five years on and it's still stiff in the mornings, worse in winter.

I have to walk around the house first thing every morning just to get the ankle to work, it often collapses on me and I find myself falling arse over tit, a lot of people put this down to me being pissed.
I wasn't so lucky and had a plate fitted to give my ankle support. My foot was facing the wrong way after the tackle (mugging), funny thing though I didn't feel any pain after the initial impact.
I did feel very cold, was sick as a dog and then passed out.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #48 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:40:14 »

That number the STD code for Stoke? It's scarily similar to our one. Is Stoke twinned with Disneyworld?

« Reply #49 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:46:27 »

That number the STD code for Stoke? It's scarily similar to our one. Is Stoke twinned with Disneyworld?

yes 01782 is the dialling code for Stoke
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #50 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:53:56 »

Freaky.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 14:17:20 »

How random that you ended up here!

Welcome Stokey.

What's your favourite cheese?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 14:45:31 »

You realise that most of the old style std code's were based on the name of the area and spelling it on the old style phones which had letters against the numbers?

So Stoke and 78 is for ST and Swindon and 79 is for SW.

So its not really that freaky or scary or anything.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #53 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 14:48:35 »

Thanks Jonny. I was really worried for a minute. I would never have worked out the correlation between the alphabet and numbers without your kind help x x
DMR

« Reply #54 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 17:42:40 »

You realise that most of the old style std code's were based on the name of the area and spelling it on the old style phones which had letters against the numbers?

So Stoke and 78 is for ST and Swindon and 79 is for SW.

So its not really that freaky or scary or anything.

Oh dear
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 18:06:45 »

yes 01782 is the dialling code for Stoke

Any particular reason you ended up on a Swindon forum?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #56 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 18:09:57 »

and you haven't answered Ginginho's very relevant and insightful question.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 20:40:42 »

Should be an interesting day in the office tomorrow. Member of staff and Commercial Manager are  both Gooner's and we have a meeting with a supplier who is a Stoke ST holder......light blue touch paper!!!!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #58 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:00:30 »

Did anyone listen to some of the Arsenal fans comments on 6-0-6? Far too over the top. They were amazingly angry about the tackle as if no Arsenal player has never performed a poorly timed tackle throughout their whole history.

Mind you, they were trumped by the Stoke fan who called in and said Shawcross shouldn't have been sent-off - "perhaps a yellow" but the referee gave him a red because of the reactions.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 21:47:20 »

Mind you, they were trumped by the Stoke fan who called in and said Shawcross shouldn't have been sent-off - "perhaps a yellow" but the referee gave him a red because of the reactions.
That's a lot more sensible than ANYTHING I've heard from Arsenal's side. Doing nasty damage to somebody doesn't necessarily make it a red card. His studs weren't up and he didn't exactly lunge in. Had he got there a fraction earlier people would have commended him for a good hard tackle and moved on.

I'm not sure what the FA would say the best course of action is for a referee in that situation, but I can understand the Stoke fan's opinion.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: