Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryan Shawcross Tackle  (Read 14888 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 00:01:43 »

Got my ankle broken in a friendly match at college - history versus mechanical engineers. I was just a bit quicker than a bloke called Colin who took a swipe at where the ball but went clean through my ankle bone instead. We had a pint in the student union a few days later and just got on with things - he felt bad but it was just an accident.

It was years before I could play without it hurting, and it still aches like fuck now in damp weather.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 00:58:58 »

Shawcross is a good defender with a fair bit of potential.

I agree with DMR's comment.

received a deserved england call up tonight as well. a gd player
Div

« Reply #32 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 01:30:44 »

Only seen the video on the previous page...but the talk in the business is that Shawcross got sent off purely of match-control than anything else. Look at sol-campbels immediate reaction - what would he have done if he had stayed on the pitch...

Have heard his leg gave way before the challenge, but there didn't seem to be much 'serious foul play' about it - which he would have been sent off for - funny old game.

Arsene Wenger is a cock for thinking everyone is out to get his team.Prick
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 02:37:27 »

I don't see how his leg would have just given way/snapped before the tackle

I agree with DMR

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
nochee

« Reply #34 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 05:59:28 »

I think it was intentional. Capello is obviously thinking that Ramsey, whilst playing for Wales may be a danger to England in the Euro qualifiers. This was a test by Capello to see if Shawcross has any balls. I think the conversation went something like the end sequence of The Karate Kid

Capello        "sweep the leg"
Shawcross   "but sensay, thats illegal"
Capello        "I SAID SWEEP THE LEG!!"  "and if you do i will give you an england call up"
Shawcross   "Sorted!"
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 09:51:03 »

like wiggy, I did mine. Double dislocation and a fracture. Nothing malicious, just mistimed and these things happen. Ramsaey had already gone over on his ankle before shawcross made contact, so just a case of bad luck all round. Shawcross looked gutted, no malicious intent at all.

I'm sure he was saying it in the heat of the moment, but Wenger saying it isn't acceptable and teams bully Arsenal, fuck off... bad coincidence, get over it. Shit happens.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 11:38:16 »

Saw MOTD. As his ankle was already at that angle before Shawcross came in I think that may have been the result of the injury. If his foot is straight then he may have been OK?

I didn't agree with Wenger's comments after the match. Thought they were knee-jerk and in the heat of the moment type comments and you could tell he hadn't really seen the replay of the challenege.
dell boy

« Reply #37 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 11:49:58 »

That is a terrible injury, could even be an end of career injury.

My ankle was shattered from a tackle, unlike injuries further up the leg which often heel even stronger, the ankle never does. I still have the stud mark scares on my leg today from 30+ years ago.

I feel very sorry for Shawcross as well, he will be finding it hard to live with himself at the moment. The comments from Wenger were not needed either, he is a great manager but also a complete wanker.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:13:19 »

wenger "The players are shocked, it is a bad fracture. He will be transferred to London tonight to see if he needs emergency surgery but he will be out for a long time."

fracture? it broken in fucking half!!!!
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:22:33 »

ankles never mend. I was lucky enough not to require pins in mine, but five years on and it's still stiff in the mornings, worse in winter.

ramsay will probably be ok, because pros get the best medical help available, plus they have the time to recuperate properly. Who ever thought Cisse would play again?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:38:54 »

Does Wenger ever get fined for his ridiculous comments? He's such a tool.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:40:43 »

I'm sure everyone is amazed he managed to see the incident.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:44:37 »

ankles never mend. I was lucky enough not to require pins in mine, but five years on and it's still stiff in the mornings, worse in winter.

ramsay will probably be ok, because pros get the best medical help available, plus they have the time to recuperate properly. Who ever thought Cisse would play again?

i know that feeling :-)
flammableBen

« Reply #43 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 12:52:40 »

I've never heard of either of these players. Maybe this is the sign they both need that they should retrain and do something more meaningful with their lives.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Sunday, February 28, 2010, 13:01:30 »

I'm guessing he won't be getting his done by the NHS:)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: