Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Where Do You Think We'll Be Next Season?  (Read 6350 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #15 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 11:38:22 »

Play Ferry in the middle and we'll be in the Championship next season. FACT!

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 11:49:15 »

Conference South after being demoted 3 divisions for financial irregularities.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 11:55:10 »

15th in L1. We've sacked 3 managers since KMac and are the laughing stock of the Football League. Oh hang on, I'm mixing us with Blackburn  Smiley

Cats are better than dogs FACT
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:14:38 »

At the turn of the year, after the 4-0 demolition of Carlisle following 5-0s against Tranmere and Portsmouth, with Ward and Devera our untroubled centre back pairing, Danny Hollands and Ferry complementing each other in midfield (Bostock still an option on the bench), Ritchie and De Vita on either wing and Williams and Collins terrifying defences and banging in goals up front, I was certain, and remain certain, that at that time we were by far and away the best team in the league and  set for a repeat of the previous year with a second half season canter to promotion.

Never in my most pessimistic thoughts could I have predicted the 3 months that were ahead of us. The injury to Hollands which saw him go back to Charlton (a turning point I think many have overlooked), the protracted sale of the club, the loss of Ritchie followed by the last minute FL embargo preventing the transfer of Pack Wright-Phillips and Green (who I genuinely think were of a calibre and filled positions that could have made the difference to the squad without Ritchie), the embargo fiasco that we still haven't had fully explained to us, the resignation of Di Canio. So many negative things that have taken their toll on and off the field.

We are only really still in the play-offs due to the simultaneous poor form of all the teams around us. However much we need to remain optimistic and get behind the current squad, this is a shadow of the team Di Canio had at his disposal against Tranmere/ Portsmouth/ Carlisle.

I like to think it's still possible, but after everything that's happened this just doesn't feel like a promotion season anymore.

« Last Edit: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:16:25 by BruceChatwin » Logged
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:30:55 »

League 1 for a few seasons to come...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #20 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:38:16 »

League 1 for a few seasons to come...
Leaning towards this.
jutty274

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:40:20 »

We'll be 2nd come Saturday evening if that's any use!
I think you will find that is mathematically impossible on Saturday but by Tuesday night we could be.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:43:41 »

At the turn of the year, after the 4-0 demolition of Carlisle following 5-0s against Tranmere and Portsmouth, with Ward and Devera our untroubled centre back pairing, Danny Hollands and Ferry complementing each other in midfield (Bostock still an option on the bench), Ritchie and De Vita on either wing and Williams and Collins terrifying defences and banging in goals up front, I was certain, and remain certain, that at that time we were by far and away the best team in the league and  set for a repeat of the previous year with a second half season canter to promotion.

Never in my most pessimistic thoughts could I have predicted the 3 months that were ahead of us. The injury to Hollands which saw him go back to Charlton (a turning point I think many have overlooked), the protracted sale of the club, the loss of Ritchie followed by the last minute FL embargo preventing the transfer of Pack Wright-Phillips and Green (who I genuinely think were of a calibre and filled positions that could have made the difference to the squad without Ritchie), the embargo fiasco that we still haven't had fully explained to us, the resignation of Di Canio. So many negative things that have taken their toll on and off the field.

We are only really still in the play-offs due to the simultaneous poor form of all the teams around us. However much we need to remain optimistic and get behind the current squad, this is a shadow of the team Di Canio had at his disposal against Tranmere/ Portsmouth/ Carlisle.

I like to think it's still possible, but after everything that's happened this just doesn't feel like a promotion season anymore.

This sums it all up quite nicely
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:44:54 »

League zone no doubt.

We'll finish lower next season than we do this season. Sadly, for many different reasons the second half of this season has been a complete and utter wasted opportunity.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 12:48:46 »

League zone no doubt.

We'll finish lower next season than we do this season. Sadly, for many different reasons the second half of this season has been a complete and utter wasted opportunity.

Have to agree with this DV. PDC leaving really did come at the wrong time and its really affected us with everything going on, embargo related et al. If we limp into the play-offs then perhaps we can save our season but I am not going to gamble my life savings on it.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:39:59 »

League One, and I agree with the reasons posted by DV and Bruce!

#VivaKenBarlow!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 13:42:56 »

I like to think it's still possible, but after everything that's happened this just doesn't feel like a promotion season anymore. /quote]

Share that feeling and good dispassionate analysis - had forgotten about Hollands' growing impact
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:19:36 »

Autos L1 next season, lose in the playoffs this season imo
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 14:21:21 »

This season we'll get in the PO then fuck knows.

Next season fuck knows.
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, April 8, 2013, 19:52:43 »

League 1 and struggling
Sorry but this gets my vote.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: