Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: According to my Uncle...  (Read 8674 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:24:27 »

...who is often drunk....we are having the old badge back on next years kit.

I'll believe it when I see it mind
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:30:37 »

Good.

Don't know why they changed it in the first place.

It's All Good..............
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:32:30 »

At the trust meeting Mike Bowden asked all of us if we would prefer the old badge or the new badge the majority agreed the old one would be there favourite so I believe they could quite possibly be bring it back.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:36:22 »

That was one of the things Mike Bowden asked people's views on at the end of the meeting on Saturday and think it's fair to say he got an overwhelmingly positive response once we'd established he was talking about the coat of arms badge not the roadsign one - don't think he knew there was more than one "old" badge, although fair play no reason he should. Less well recieved (although some liked the idea, but it was a very mixed response) was the idea of replacing the run-out music with the old railway works horn/hooter.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:45:41 »

that would be good

I come from a land down-under
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:45:59 »

that would be good

I come from a land down-under
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:46:07 »

The hooter issue was raised in the terms of mounting it at the CG and then sounding it at regular intervals in the hour lead up to the kick off.

A bit like the "countdown" clock and music  Cheesy

I am sure the residents will love that, especially for night games.

And Reg will be running around Old Town looking for the nearest air raid shelter (I hear he still suffers from shell shock)   Wink

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:50:03 »

yes to the badge,no to the hooter
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:58:16 »

Which version, don't we have three old logos.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 17:59:23 »

The old 'crest' type one with the train.
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 18:03:33 »

Nice one Fred
Either that or trying to find his steel toe capped boots ready for the next shift up the works. Tongue  :old:

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 18:06:27 »

Quote from: "millom red"
Nice one Fred
Either that or trying to find his steel toe capped boots ready for the next shift up the works. Tongue  :old:

Cheesy
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 18:12:59 »

Like the idea of the hooter when we score.....

It's All Good..............
TalkTalk

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 18:20:58 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
The hooter issue was raised in the terms of mounting it at the CG and then sounding it at regular intervals in the hour lead up to the kick off.

Yeah right, Mr Bowden.

It's part of a listed building and won't be going anywhere.

No.12 Shop (V. Shop) and O and E Shop DCMS Ref: 5/147 (32, 33 and 35 Shops) Grade: II* GV British Rail Engineering Ltd: Swindon Works First Listed: 18.05.84 Rodbourne Road Amended: 11.01.93 Swindon * Description changed since publication of the list * Locomotive building works. 1874, extended c1879, c1885 and 1924. iron framed with red brick exterior walls with limestone ashlar and yellow brick dressings; multi-gabled Welsh slate roofs with glazed clerestories and glazed timber-framed gable ends. PLAN AND DEVELOPMENT: T-shaped plan has 50 bay east facade and extends 30 bays to Rodbourne road on West side; the front (east) block was 8 bays deep to the south of the 'T' and 6 bays to the north while the broad stem of the 'T' was a single working space 24 bays long and 18 bays wide below 6 roofing ranges. The front range contained brass foundry and turning shops at the southern end, machine shops for cylinders and frames flanking a wide entrance bay and the hydraulic power centre with am accumulator tower at the extreme northern end. The stem of the 'T' was the locomotive erecting shop and boiler shop. The stem was broadened to the north by 8 bays (structurally 3, 3 and 2) c1879 and to the south by 6 bays c1885 and by 3 bays c1924. Exterior: One storey. The west facade facing Rodbourne Road is a long brick frontage with arched openings. East facade articulated by yellow brick semi-circular arches with limestone keys and impost mouldings; segmental-arched windows, set within inner arches, over C20 windows and late C19 horned 10/10-paned sashes; moulded cornice. Similar 8-bay south end wall, north end wall rebuilt C20. Plain south-facing facade of 1924 extension has segmental-arched sashes and cast-iron casements with opening lights. Interior: No 12 Shop has cast-iron columns in two tiers, the lower heavier ones carrying crane gantry beams and brackets for line shafting; columns support a wrought iron and glazed roof structure; there is a surviving 20-ton crane, now electrified, with chain hoist, made up of an inverted iron structure. Rest of 1874 structure has two rows of cast-iron columns supporting wrought iron roof structure. 19 tall columns in each row, with large brackets to support travelling gantry cranes and have pierced cast-iron girders spanning between the columns for fixing machinery, tools etc. This building formed the centrepiece of the large-scale expansion of the GWR works in the 1870's and is an extremely impressive industrial structure of the period. One of an important group of Victorian Industrial buildings of the GWR works. Hooters on north-east side are claimed to have been those of the SS Great Britain. Formerly listed as items 147 and 151.

http://193.113.179.211/swindon.pdf
SwindonStevo

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 16, 2007, 18:24:06 »

overwhelming yes to the badge.....would be fantastic! whatever happened to running out to a cencored fucking in the bushes by oasis? great idea......eminems a bit gay really.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: