Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Port Vale pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 52042 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 11:45:14 »

Of course if Doyle fails to score against the Stags what chance of Bowyer picking up the phone to Wellens?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 12:01:46 »

Of course if Doyle fails to score against the Stags what chance of Bowyer picking up the phone to Wellens?

None, I'd think. The ball is in our court. If we want him we've gotta pay for him. There's a lot of theories and speculation but that is the reality of it.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 13:43:47 »

Sounds as though they have as many injuries/suspension problems as we have.    Maybe Lady Luck is shining down on us,  get through this one and get the striker dilemma sorted by next weekend,  which we have to or the window  will be shut and everything should be hunky dory.
Don't think this will be a footballing extravaganza but don't care,    as long as we end up with the three points,  that's all that matters at the moment,  let's just get through this dodgy period,  stay top, exhibition football can come later.   2~0 To the Town.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:14:11 »

A quick look at eticketing and ticket sales for tomorrow are way down compared to previous games (at the same point on Friday before you remind me that there's 24 hours to go  Smiley).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
REDBUCK

« Reply #109 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:37:07 »

If the crowd is down on previous home games then to me this just goes to show we have a group of current supporters that only need a small excuse to not bother and that the swathe of supporters waiting for some forward momentum that Reg insists is waiting in the wings, doesn't exist.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:40:02 »

Some might pick and choose, we have Exeter at home the following week.
« Last Edit: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:00:55 by 4D » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:41:16 »

If the crowd is down on previous home games then to me this just goes to show we have a group of current supporters that only need a small excuse to not bother and that the swathe of supporters waiting for some forward momentum that Reg insists is waiting in the wings, doesn't exist.

Will all change when McCormack has gone and all those who made a big deal about boycotting whilst he was still here come back.
REDBUCK

« Reply #112 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:42:39 »

Unless we lose to Port Vale, then even less will come
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #113 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:48:26 »

Unless we lose to Port Vale, then even less will come
I think the Exeter game will have about 10k, local(ish) game, they have sold around 2k tickets, top 2 teams in the league (whichever order it is) as long as we aren't stuffed by Port Vale there will be way more at that game than tomorrow.

With the greatest of respect Port Vale is never going to be a big draw for Town fans, even if we won the last couple of games I doubt we would have got more than another 500 or so for tomorrows game.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #114 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:53:10 »

3 points please
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 14:54:33 »

Will all change when McCormack has gone and all those who made a big deal about boycotting whilst he was still here come back.
Always been the same hasn't it, McMahon, Hunt, King, Diamandis, Di Canio and now Power. A lot of people have always tried to disguise the fact they can't be arsed to go as some kind of boycott. Ironically they tend to be the most vocal as well like the Cheltenham fan for example and thrive on negativity so they can preach to the gullible why they don't attend.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:04:54 »

A quick look at eticketing and ticket sales for tomorrow are way down compared to previous games (at the same point on Friday before you remind me that there's 24 hours to go  Smiley).

It's not too bad, look at block a6u in the arkells, there's only about 5 seats available.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:18:06 »

Or even McCormick.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:26:24 »

Meh, you'll always get those who come because we're winning. Top the prem for a few years and we will need to build a 50,000 seater stadium to fit in the fans from London, East Anglia and Cornwall.  Smiley
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Friday, January 24, 2020, 15:43:03 »

Hopefully not too many will be rolling up in sackcloth and ashes.
The Jerry Yates song will work for Hallam Hope so all is not yet lost.
The fans have a big part to play tomorrow.

A return to some of the early season form for Isgrove would be very welcome.
Start moving up the assists hit parade again and a good time for a goal or two.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: