Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372658 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #2565 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 08:42:20 »

Just me that rated Mahoney then?
No.As good as Brynn I think. We have/had problems but goalkeeper was one of the least of them. Ward's ok though for league 2

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2566 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 08:45:33 »

Benda is the only one of the recent crop of young loanees who has had presence and command of his box.

I get why we go down this route but I didn't rate Brynn either. Would much rather have an experienced keeper.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2567 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 08:49:15 »

No.As good as Brynn I think. We have/had problems but goalkeeper was one of the least of them. Ward's ok though for league 2

I think Ward will do ok but he won’t be making some of the saves Mahoney did.
Everyone happy with him as our keeper now. Give it three weeks and we’ll be screaming for a better one claiming Ward was always shit.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #2568 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 09:29:05 »

Mahoney was an excellent shot stopper and comfortable playing out, but was too small to really dominate at set pieces. I’d much rather him in goal than Ward. Mahoney had the odd rush of blood to the head, but that will improve with experience and a less shambolic defence.

Brynn was better than both of them. I don’t want Ward starting regularly. He made two excellent saves yesterday, but he’s not a long term answer.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2569 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:29:15 »

No matter what happens in the Jan window we have to have Aguiar and Adeloye back just to have a half decent bench. It’s a shame hardly any of the youngsters look capable of making the step up - at the moment.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #2570 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:39:00 »

No matter what happens in the Jan window we have to have Aguiar and Adeloye back just to have a half decent bench. It’s a shame hardly any of the youngsters look capable of making the step up - at the moment.

Completely agree. Even if it’s to fill a gap for a month
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2571 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:48:17 »

But Aguiar and Adeloye would be taking up a good wage on our bench and still probably not playing whereas 6 scholars are basically free (or less combined than even Aguiars wages alone), so I cant see that happening.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #2572 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 10:56:01 »

Interested to see the plan with Aguiar. 9 goals and 4 assists in the NLS this season, represents a good return, and I think he showed a decent amount of promise under Garner in 21/22. You’d like to think that he’d get an opportunity here in the second half of the season. Not for one second suggesting he could replace Kemp’s output, but from what I’ve seen, I think he’s a player worth sticking with.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2573 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 11:00:35 »

Interested to see the plan with Aguiar. 9 goals and 4 assists in the NLS this season, represents a good return, and I think he showed a decent amount of promise under Garner in 21/22. You’d like to think that he’d get an opportunity here in the second half of the season. Not for one second suggesting he could replace Kemp’s output, but from what I’ve seen, I think he’s a player worth sticking with.
I think Aguiar may have a future with us but TBH Harry Parsons scored 8 goals in 18 games at the same level for Chippenham and he looked woefully inadequate at L2 level.

If Aguiar was doing that in the Conference National rather than the Conference South I would take a punt on him in the first team but stepping up 2 divisions is a big jump.

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2574 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 13:35:02 »

Slightly surprised by the negative takes on Mahoney coming out. The desire seems to be for a big nasty bastard keeper, but who was our last of those? Benda maybe but not experienced with it. Brezovan before that? Even out more experienced keepers have been on the smaller side - Smith, Lucas et al.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2575 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 13:54:34 »

Mahoney is a good League Two keeper, Ward is an adequate one. Its a loss.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #2576 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 13:54:57 »

Mahoney is a good League Two keeper, Ward is an adequate one. Its a loss.
This.

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #2577 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 14:54:30 »

Ward is an adequate No.2, Mahoney/Brynn are very good Lge2 No.1's - Benda was better than a Lge2 No.1 - that is my view.

Mahoney is a big loss, replacing him with similar standard in January when you have a budget similar to my copper jar will be tricky, but we should be looking at better standard than Ward if we are serious, which we are not, so Ward is likely to be bambi on ice for us for the foreseeable..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #2578 on: Wednesday, December 27, 2023, 19:10:15 »

Ward is an adequate No.2, Mahoney/Brynn are very good Lge2 No.1's - Benda was better than a Lge2 No.1 - that is my view.

Mahoney is a big loss, replacing him with similar standard in January when you have a budget similar to my copper jar will be tricky, but we should be looking at better standard than Ward if we are serious, which we are not, so Ward is likely to be bambi on ice for us for the foreseeable..

I'm sure will will end up with another loan keeper from somewhere rather than trying to develop our own, Vigs isn't getting a game and is No 3 at Burnley, wonder if he fancy's some game time or would prefer to continue to sit in the stands week after week.
Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #2579 on: Monday, January 1, 2024, 18:29:58 »

Not sure if it's already been confirmed on another thread, but Kemp recalled.

Not surprising but absolutely devastating, we'll be lucky to find a replacement half the player he is, especially with our competitive budget

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 171 [172] 173 174 175 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: