Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372621 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #2160 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:09:59 »

Good to hear Cain is almost ready again after Flynn said it would be 10-12 weeks.

Fully fit squad at last.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #2161 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:12:19 »

Good to hear Cain is almost ready again after Flynn said it would be 10-12 weeks.

Fully fit squad at last.

Well, apart from Devine. But yes, close enough.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2162 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:15:08 »

Well, apart from Devine. But yes, close enough.

Weirdly I was thinking that a fit Devine would be a great addition to the squad. I know its a stupidly small sample size in that it was about 50 minutes at Leyton Orient last season but he was able to get up and down the pitch and put quality into the box. Defensively possibly a weakness but neither Shade or Uwakwe have that strength either. At the moment I think it's Shade's position to lose after a decent performance on Saturday.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2163 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:17:01 »

Weirdly I was thinking that a fit Devine

Perhaps we can add him to our golden egg laying goose and rainbow pooping unicorn Smiley
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2164 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:18:41 »

Weirdly I was thinking that a fit Devine would be a great addition to the squad. I know its a stupidly small sample size in that it was about 50 minutes at Leyton Orient last season but he was able to get up and down the pitch and put quality into the box. Defensively possibly a weakness but neither Shade or Uwakwe have that strength either. At the moment I think it's Shade's position to lose after a decent performance on Saturday.

Yeah, I think someone mentioned this on the previous page.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2165 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:22:51 »

Noted and agreed with.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #2166 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:50:23 »

Time for a Devine intervention at LWB.  Pint
Bob1978

Ignore
« Reply #2167 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 08:59:16 »

Yeah but he isn’t
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #2168 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 09:34:06 »

Weirdly I was thinking that a fit Devine would be a great addition to the squad. I know its a stupidly small sample size in that it was about 50 minutes at Leyton Orient last season but he was able to get up and down the pitch and put quality into the box.
He played 83 mins vs Plymuff in the AMC lasts eason and he looked very good in that, pretty fast and can tackle and bomb down the wing.

Get him fit and he will be a good asset, as it stands he is just a wasted wage though.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2169 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 18:56:35 »

Yeah but he isn’t

What you’re telling me Devine is injured!!?
News to me
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #2170 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 21:10:53 »

When, if ever, do you think we might start trying to get some contract renewals done?

Appreciate the “stardust” players might not want to but you’d think the likes of Brewitt, McEachran, even FBT or RHM might be up for it. Would be great to get a retained nucleus as they’ve proven they are up to the job.
How would you define a “stardust” player and who fits into that bracket?
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2171 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 21:48:39 »

How would you define a “stardust” player and who fits into that bracket?

Those likely to have interest from higher up like Hutton and Khan, and I sort of meant that we won’t have any say over Kemp and Young who obviously fit that bracket! Austin I guess will see how he feels in May.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #2172 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 22:05:54 »

Not sure if any sensible footballer would sign a new deal this early into a season? We, like most clubs, have a squad of career footballers who will leave for better terms/lifestyle at the drop of a hat* and even those who want to stay often struggle get the terms they feel they're worth.

It's not a dig at Swindon Town, it's just nature of the business. Promotion will help the course but still not a given.

*There are, of course, always exceptions.
Mooneyraker

Ignore
« Reply #2173 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 22:20:25 »

Not sure if any sensible footballer would sign a new deal this early into a season? We, like most clubs, have a squad of career footballers who will leave for better terms/lifestyle at the drop of a hat* and even those who want to stay often struggle get the terms they feel they're worth.

It's not a dig at Swindon Town, it's just nature of the business. Promotion will help the course but still not a given.

Totally agree in general. Just wondered if those who’ve stared into the abyss like Brewitt and McEachran might think differently, or people like FBT with a background in non-League.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2174 on: Tuesday, October 17, 2023, 22:47:20 »

I expect job security might be relatively high up on players lists of ‘wants’
Maybe not as early as November but by end of the January window those in the final 6 months might have a better idea what sort of interest they may or may not attract in the summer…seen as they are free to talk to other clubs by then…
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 [145] 146 147 148 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: