Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372757 times)
Ides of March

Ignore
« Reply #1920 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:27:14 »

Leighfield says put the kettle on

“Swindon Town can confirm both Saidou Khan and Remeao Hutton have joined Peterborough United for undisclosed fees.
That concludes our summer business #STFC fans.”
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1921 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:28:58 »

“Swindon Town can confirm both Saidou Khan and Remeao Hutton have joined Peterborough United for undisclosed fees.
That concludes our summer business #STFC fans.”

“Hospitality packages now available for £499!”
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #1922 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:30:07 »

Coach stop off point/pick up point.

He wasn’t actually on it.

To me a ''stop off'' infers he was on it and got off. You wouldn't call it a stop off if you weren't on it.

''Pick up'' would infer waiting to be picked up if you weren't on it.

STFC would have had a ''stop off'' at somewhere like Leicester no doubt to stretch the legs. That gives Wakeling an oppo to get off and have a private taxi waiting to take him eastwards to Peterborough via the A47 and the STFC coach to join the M1

But hey, he could have weirdly said ''stop off'' to mean ''pick up''  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1923 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:33:52 »

He was on the way to the game, that’s the main takeaway. Doesn’t matter what vehicle he was/wasn’t in at the time

Makes it sound like it was a bit out of the blue from Peterborough. But he had a three year contract and we have a competitive budget (haha) so surely no incentive to sell

Things get better but they never get good
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #1924 on: Friday, September 1, 2023, 22:35:43 »

We’ve all misunderstood. What Clem and Rob meant was that we would have a competitive budget… for the Wiltshire Premier Shield.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1925 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 01:08:04 »

If there is no rabbit out of a hat announcement (and by 2am that does seeming increasingly unlikely) then it's a disappointing day. Wakeling out I can see the logic of if the offer was good, it's a way of raising some funds without weakening the first eleven.

Someone earlier asked when we had a smaller squad - the answer is two seasons ago under Garner and we reached the playoffs. That year our depth was absolutely non existent and it cost us in the end, but we got a long way. http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/Squad.asp?Season=2021-2022 tiny number of players used even after changing the entire loanee group in January.

My positive side says that if we're looking at free agents, the deadline isn't a deadline and we don't really need to worry, we could pick up three players on Monday - and Brewitt and McEachran recently show that it's hardly just dregs left at this stage.

The other side of me says that once again Flynn has been left high and dry after saying he expected players in and, whilst he's been magnanimous about our transfer activity so far there must come a point where he's fuming. I can't for one second see why we haven't at least used the fifth loan spot.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 01:11:15 by Nemo » Logged
kirky69

Ignore
« Reply #1926 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 05:56:09 »

Will be interesting to hear Flynns take post Donny on the absence of signings . Publicly will likely be philosophical - "it is what it is, were nearly there on 1 or 2, offer for Wakelin was too good to turn down at this level" etc etc. Privately however must be as frustrated as hell given the threadbare nature of the squad and previous public statement that he wanted 4 in.

Just hope we pick up one or two decent free agents who are fit to play straight away if needed and also don't suffer injuries/suspensions to key players, otherwise the momentum grained from a really good start will be quickly lost.

The bigger picture questions are how much pressure are we really under financially and what has this done to the relationship between Flynn and the owner(s),with the managerial merry go round in full swing and Flynn having made a good first impression at STFC.

Answers on a postcard please!

Lemis

Ignore
« Reply #1927 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:05:04 »

Bloody hell, didn’t think we’d actually sign no one. Maybe we mean competitive budget in the same way that jobs advertise competitive wages, I.e. competing to be as low as we can possibly get away with.

Have you seen the writing on the wall?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #1928 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:37:11 »

Maybe we have signed someone. Very odd not to at least use the fifth loan spot. Better social media timing at 11am on Saturday.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1929 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:37:38 »

What’s all the panic? If we had to sell someone then Wakeling is the least bad option. Can’t fathom how he’s gone to a side looking to get out of the league above, but there you go. Shade is his ‘replacement’ and I know who I’d prefer coming on with 20 minutes to go if we need a goal - as shown last week. If we need a bundle of energy closing down the opposition and being generally a nuisance, then Kanu can do that.

My only gripe is we’ve wasted 1 loan slot with Ward and failed to fill another empty one. I have no doubt a free agent or 2 will be along to boost numbers. We will always be an injury or 2 away from disaster like most clubs.

3 points today, please!
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #1930 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:39:20 »

Will be interesting to hear Flynns take post Donny on the absence of signings . Publicly will likely be philosophical - "it is what it is, were nearly there on 1 or 2, offer for Wakelin was too good to turn down at this level" etc etc. Privately however must be as frustrated as hell given the threadbare nature of the squad and previous public statement that he wanted 4 in.

Just hope we pick up one or two decent free agents who are fit to play straight away if needed and also don't suffer injuries/suspensions to key players, otherwise the momentum grained from a really good start will be quickly lost.

The bigger picture questions are how much pressure are we really under financially and what has this done to the relationship between Flynn and the owner(s),with the managerial merry go round in full swing and Flynn having made a good first impression at STFC.

Answers on a postcard please!

As I have said before Morfuni underestimated the cost of running a football club ,

And does not have the funds to sustain a higher league club.

We are on the edge financially hence why a loan had to be taken out for a 'suprise' bill

We will remain as a mid table L2 side fir the foreseeable future.
Kronau

Ignore
« Reply #1931 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:41:08 »

What’s the fee for Wakeling? Hector Kyprianou went from Leyton Orient to Peterborough with a similar profile for £300k 12 months ago. Seems to me like this could pay for Young and Kemp.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1932 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 06:55:59 »

On the flip side, he may not have got too much consistent game time here this season, with his development stalling and stock dropping. I definitely see where you’re coming from, and it’s a risk to sell, but I can see why it’s been done, and think it is a decent bit of business.

…with our options of an aging Austin, injury prone RHM and on loan Young - he was always going to get game time.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1933 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 07:00:54 »

So, what quality of player could we attract to fill the position of 4th choice striker?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #1934 on: Saturday, September 2, 2023, 07:01:35 »

What’s all the panic? If we had to sell someone then Wakeling is the least bad option. Can’t fathom how he’s gone to a side looking to get out of the league above, but there you go. Shade is his ‘replacement’ and I know who I’d prefer coming on with 20 minutes to go if we need a goal - as shown last week. If we need a bundle of energy closing down the opposition and being generally a nuisance, then Kanu can do that.

My only gripe is we’ve wasted 1 loan slot with Ward and failed to fill another empty one. I have no doubt a free agent or 2 will be along to boost numbers. We will always be an injury or 2 away from disaster like most clubs.

3 points today, please!
I actually agree. I think its been obvious that Wakeling has been low down on the pecking list. Perhaps we got a decent fee and/or sell on. Perhaps we HAD to sell. Not sure I see any TEF multi-millionaires putting their hands in their pockets and bailing us out.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: