Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372611 times)
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1755 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 10:58:33 »

Yeah its pretty incredible we haven't tried Clayton or Brewitt at DCM yet. It could be an answer right under our noses. Should have been tried end of last season.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1756 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 11:03:30 »

Yeah its pretty incredible we haven't tried Clayton or Brewitt at DCM yet. It could be an answer right under our noses. Should have been tried end of last season.

In fairness might be something we’ve tried in training?

I wonder how we’d have lined up first 4/5 games if Clayton wasn’t injured.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1757 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 11:04:08 »

To be fair we've basically had a rolling injury crisis at CB ever since Brewitt signed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1758 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 11:09:37 »

To be fair we've basically had a rolling injury crisis at CB ever since Brewitt signed.
And Clayton has been semi perma-injured so hes not had a chance to play there too.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1759 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 11:44:35 »

I continue to think, much as I have sinece last season, that we lack three key ingredients:

An organiser at the back - someone who can sit in the middle of the three, but be just as capable in a four who has games under their belt.  Ideally some height on them and a player who has maybe got promotion from this division before but, to keep it realistic, isn't really up to League One.  The sort of player you upgrade when you get there, but is vital to make that happen.

A physical presence in midfield, an athlete type.  Doesn't have to be as experienced as the CB, but certainly not someone who is raw.  A player who knows when to just sit in or when feathers need ruffling and even our own players need a bit of a kick.

A different type of forward - probably a Simpson type.

Nobody should be leaving, we cannot cover as it is and we will see suspensions this season from yellow cards.   Longer term maybe a loan for Minturn and Shade could do with replacing with someone else who can play football.

Given what we were told on budget, experience and how many left, my expectation was we'd have the room to do the above without the need to see others depart.

What we have is enough to fight to be around the Play Offs from the little I have seen.  That final flourish gets us into the discussion for top three with a fair wind.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1760 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:30:32 »

agree mostly there Rob, especially on the players needed.

not convinced we have the budget though, will have to see.

playoffs very much dependant on keeping key players fit and in some sort of form. But we are likely to have the January problem. worry about that then
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1761 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:33:15 »

I continue to think, much as I have sinece last season, that we lack three key ingredients:

An organiser at the back - someone who can sit in the middle of the three, but be just as capable in a four who has games under their belt.  Ideally some height on them and a player who has maybe got promotion from this division before but, to keep it realistic, isn't really up to League One.  The sort of player you upgrade when you get there, but is vital to make that happen.

A physical presence in midfield, an athlete type.  Doesn't have to be as experienced as the CB, but certainly not someone who is raw.  A player who knows when to just sit in or when feathers need ruffling and even our own players need a bit of a kick.

A different type of forward - probably a Simpson type.

Nobody should be leaving, we cannot cover as it is and we will see suspensions this season from yellow cards.   Longer term maybe a loan for Minturn and Shade could do with replacing with someone else who can play football.

Given what we were told on budget, experience and how many left, my expectation was we'd have the room to do the above without the need to see others depart.

What we have is enough to fight to be around the Play Offs from the little I have seen.  That final flourish gets us into the discussion for top three with a fair wind.

I'm wondering whether we are playing a game of player/agent cat and mouse with Ryan Edwards now. Given he (and Jesse Debrah a little bizarrely) is still without a club, any suitors surely hold the trump card the closer we get to the transfer window. It could well have been that we were interested but just weren't able to stretch the budget to pay what he/his agent demanded. As the time ticks on, the urgency in him getting fixed up with a club increases and therefore his demands have to fluctuate down in order to get a deal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1762 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:38:31 »

I'm struggling with the Kinsella signing at the moment as he's gone from being player of the season at Wallsall to no more than a bit part player here. Granted that could change but on his early showing dosen't seem an upgrade on what we've had over the last season.

So, give no fucks
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1763 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:39:51 »

Certainly applies to Edwards, but with Debrah it’s down to the amount of compo Halifax want to prevent it being decided by a tribunal.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1764 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:41:38 »

I'm struggling with the Kinsella signing at the moment as he's gone from being player of the season at Wallsall to no more than a bit part player here. Granted that could change but on his early showing dosen't seem an upgrade on what we've had over the last season.
Give him time. Not really had a pre season. Saying that, I’m not sure if Flynn picked him much at Walsall which, if true, is strange he signed here.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1765 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:41:43 »

Certainly applies to Edwards, but with Debrah it’s down to the amount of compo Halifax want to prevent it being decided by a tribunal.

Yeah, and there are also rumours Debrah failed some medicals, but not too sure how accurate that is. Good point though, I only really named Debrah as we had been loosely linked with him and Edwards and neither have found clubs yet.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1766 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:43:56 »

Who’s the one Flynn said we were close with but joined a L1 club. Could be blowing smoke up our arses with that, though.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1767 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 12:47:03 »

Who’s the one Flynn said we were close with but joined a L1 club. Could be blowing smoke up our arses with that, though.

I thought possibly Ryan Sweeney, not sure if the dates lined up but he joined Burton in late July. Otherwise have a look through here and see if you can find a name you like - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/transfers/wettbewerb/GB3/plus/?saison_id=2023&s_w=s&leihe=0&intern=0&intern=1
DMC

« Reply #1768 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 13:02:09 »

I think he has probably also been suprised by Khan who has played well this season but we could lose him for a month
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #1769 on: Wednesday, August 23, 2023, 13:28:43 »

Ability, fitness, leadership? 😉
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: