Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 1609 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4560491 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #24075 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 12:17:57 »

It's a stepping stone isn't it.  Ive no idea what O level / GCSE grades I have and I dont think Ive been asked in 25 years.  As long as they get a stamp on the passport that allows them to go to the next step in the voyage thats all that matters. 

Congrats to the son.   

Well, assuming they complete and pass the next stage, yes.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24076 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 12:24:12 »

How about Gavin Williamson is given a lash for every pound its going to cost the taxpayer to correct this completely predictable fuck up.  And Cummings and Johnson can have a lash for every pound paid to Cumming and Gove's mates to facilitate this shit shower.

I wouldn't bother. In an exclusive club that enjoys screwing the head of a hog (no not Anne Widdecombe), they would probably enjoy however many "lashes" were administered to them. "Ohh mummy!" an on looking JR-M would likely say.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #24077 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 12:43:48 »

Dunno, I used to work in the camping trade and we had a fair bit of similar over the years.

Having spent a good number of years also working in a camping environment, I can confirm there have been several incidences of similar stuff. I have had to erect many a tent (no pun) for people who clearly had brought it, yet not only had never camped before but hadn't even gave it a trial run.

There's one thing being unable to follow instructions but this stand out tourist comment totally threw me and will go down as "golden". Just finishing for the day and walking along a lane, two tourists looking at a map and turning it every which way but North (bear in mind they were visiting a very very small island of less than 2sq miles, which also has a lighthouse almost smack in the centre, you can lose yourself but you can't get lost.). As if they had suddenly happened across some exponential mind reader, all they blurted out was 'Are we going the right way?!', to which I kindly answered 'Well that depends on where you're wanting to go.'

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #24078 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 14:05:31 »

It's a stepping stone isn't it.  Ive no idea what O level / GCSE grades I have and I dont think Ive been asked in 25 years.  As long as they get a stamp on the passport that allows them to go to the next step in the voyage thats all that matters. 

Congrats to the son.   

Thank you also.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24079 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 14:06:40 »

I wouldn't bother. In an exclusive club that enjoys screwing the head of a hog (no not Anne Widdecombe), they would probably enjoy however many "lashes" were administered to them. "Ohh mummy!" an on looking JR-M would likely say.

Yeah politicians generally have to pay for that and hide it in their expenses.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24080 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 18:50:07 »

Diego Carlos. Gives away a penalty in the quarter final, a penalty in the semi final, somehow gets picked for the final and, you guessed it, gives away a blatant pen after 4 minutes.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24081 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 19:48:47 »

Quote from: Nemo
Diego Carlos. Gives away a penalty in the quarter final, a penalty in the semi final, somehow gets picked for the final and, you guessed it, gives away a blatant pen after 4 minutes.

stick to a winning formula
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #24082 on: Friday, August 21, 2020, 20:17:23 »

stick to a winning formula

And he's put them ahead with a bicycle kick now. Shows what I know, doesn't it?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #24083 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 09:31:25 »

I’m making mixed berry daiquiris. Just going to experiment before launching into a tsunami of the stuff.

Just the thing to wash down a chilli later.

First lot came out like a slush puppy and full of seeds. Need to cut down on the ice and use a sieve. Nice kick, though.
« Last Edit: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:04:38 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #24084 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:15:04 »

I’m making mixed berry daiquiris. Just going to experiment before launching into a tsunami of the stuff.

Just the thing to wash down a chilli later.

First lot came out like a slush puppy and full of seeds. Need to cut down on the ice and use a sieve. Nice kick, though.

Reminded me of this so I hope there is a better outcome.

Yes, yes, yes it is an old one but funny all the same.

Notes from an inexperienced Chili taster named Frank, who was visiting Texas from the East Coast:

Recently I was honoured to be selected as an outstanding famous celebrity in Texas, to be a judge at a Chili cook-off, because no one else wanted to do it. Also the original person called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking for directions to the beer wagon when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides, they told me that I could have free beer during the tasting. So I accepted.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

CHILI # 1: MIKE'S MANIC MONSTER CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A little to heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavour. Very mild.

FRANK: Holy Shit, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway with this stuff. I needed two beers to put the flames out. Hope that's the worst one. Those Texans are crazy.

CHILI # 2: ARTHUR'S AFTERBURNER CHILI

JUDGE ONE: Smokey, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavour. Needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave of two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich manoeuvre. They had to walkie-talkie in three extra beers when they saw the look on my face.

CHILI # 3: FRED'S FAMOUS BURN DOWN THE BARN CHILI

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili. A bit salty. Good use of red peppers.

FRANK: Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting shit-faced.

CHILI # 4: BUBBA'S BLACK MAGIC

JUDGE ONE: Black Bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods. Not much of a chili.

FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it. Sally, the barmaid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that 300 lb bitch is starting to look HOT, just like this nuclear-waste I'm eating.

CHILI # 5: LINDA'S LEGAL LIP REMOVER

JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef; could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK: My ears are ringing, and I can no linger focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly from a pitcher onto it. It really pisses me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Freakin' Rednecks! ! !

CHILI # 6: VERA'S VERY VEGETARIAN VARIETY

JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice and peppers.

JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions and garlic.

FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulphuric flames. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that slut Sally. I need to wipe my ass with a snow cone!

CHILI # 7: SUSAN'S SCREAMING SENSATION CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum. Tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge # 3.

FRANK: You could puta #)$^@#*&! Grenade in my mouth, pull the #)$^@#*&! pin, and I wouldn't feel a d@&$ thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili, which slid unnoticed out of my X*$(@#^&$ mouth. My pants are full of lava-like shit, to match my X*$(@#^&$ shirt. At least the during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the four inch hole in my stomach.

CHILI # 8: HELEN'S MOUNT SAINT CHILI

JUDGE ONE: A perfect ending. This is a nice blend chili, safe for all; not too bold, but spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO: This final entry isa good balanced chili, neither mild now hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge # 3 passed out, fell and pulled the chili pot on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor Yank.

FRANK: - - - - - Mama?- - - (Editor's Note: Judge # 3 was unable to report).
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #24085 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:17:38 »

A Bournemouth fan calling Reading a tin-pot club. Oh the irony

I come from a land down-under
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24086 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 10:20:17 »

A Bournemouth fan calling Reading a tin-pot club. Oh the irony
Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #24087 on: Saturday, August 22, 2020, 14:20:40 »

Bournemouth, their fans are a bit like Brighton's and Blackpool's really. Must be something in the sea air.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #24088 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 20:41:20 »

Neymars‘ tears; petulant, diving little shite

I come from a land down-under
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #24089 on: Sunday, August 23, 2020, 21:11:06 »

Neymars‘ tears; petulant, diving little shite

Did you see his little wink after the tears whilst hugging the Bayern player!

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 1603 1604 1605 [1606] 1607 1608 1609 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: