Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Pikeys Official Matchday Thread!  (Read 47535 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:55:11 »

In all honesty Rich, I gave him time of course last year because he inherited someone else's team.

Oh I know we lament about a striker, but the gospel said that we would be difficult to beat !

Oh how I chuckled today when the 4th was walked into the net
Rich Pullen

« Reply #406 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 21:58:23 »

That's fair enough Fred. For the record I'm not rubbishing/disputing yourself or anyone who went because you witnessed it first hand... It's all well and good for me to sit up here in Newcastle and type my opinions. It's just a shame that we are discussing this sort of stuff on Day one.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 22:02:26 »

I know mate, I am gobsmacked and shellshocked on how he set us up today, coupled with the complete lack of motivation

(fuck me I am sounding like I did last November)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 22:11:30 »

I dread to think what its like on the Norwich City forums, judging by the way everybody is going off on one here.

Wilson does seem to have made some strange team selections, ie Cuthbert playing and McNamee up front. But then he's done that before and it worked out, everyone was calling him a cunt for playing Kanyuka in midfield and the next day he was a genius for spotting the hidden talent.

One bad game doesn't make a player shit either. Lescinel has played well at left back towards the end of last season and during pre season. Most people didn't have a problem with him playing there before kick off but now he's shit. Same with Morrison, pretty much everyone would have picked him alongside Greer but now he's also shit.

I wasn't at the game but based on what people have said that were there and the stats, it looks like we played well for 20 minutes or so and then it all turned to shit. Which became even deeper shit when Wilson made a couple of changes after going 2-0 down in an attempt to turn it round.

I reckon it all comes down to the striker shortage though. Everyone (the players included) knew having one striker was bad news and that McNamee can't play up front to save his life, and that it could turn to shit. And it did. Get a decent striker in and I can see it all coming together.

Besides, look on the bright side - you could be a Norwich City supporter.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 22:21:08 »

I feel gutted for all the fans that made the effort to go today.The thing that really troubles me
is Wilson's response to this defeat;no contrition on his part.If he had held his hand up afterwards
and admitted to having got things wrong,we as fans wouldn't have liked it, but could have accepted
it.

Secondly,good managers take the blame away from players,even when they deserve it.This shows
the players that everyone is at one together.Win together,lose together.By not doing this, Wilson
more or less hung the players out to dry.Not good at all,i thought he was better than this.I hope
that this is just an abbertation on his part today.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #410 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 22:35:23 »

Emotions are high after a big defeat against a team who will probably be lucky to be mid table. I didn't go today but sympathse with those who did.
The time to start judging will be the end of August - a few games under the belt and the transfer window closing. I'm not slashing my wrists yet.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #411 on: Saturday, August 8, 2009, 22:57:55 »

I was not at the game so have no right to comment HOWEVER, according to BBC RS. We tried about 5 different formations during the game. Were we really that clueless, we just didnt know what to do?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 04:14:20 »

first half we were alright. second half was like helen keller on ice.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 07:09:48 »

Fucking humiliating. I was never confident of a victory, but thought it would be a close game, with only a goal in it.

We looked like rabbits caught in headlights for most of the second half.

After the game, when we were making our displeasure known, I even saw a couple of the players smiling and chatting to Gills players like the last 90 minutes meant fuck all to them!

The first game of the season always throws up some weird, freakish results (Look at us last season) and I hope that's all this was, but there should be some serious soul searching by the players and management over the next few days.

Abysmal display, useless cunts.

It's All Good..............
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 07:32:55 »

Meh, just watched the goals and the joke defending was horrendous. That's the real worry - because as said if you can't replace Cox's goals  at least you can stop 'em going in so you don't have to. On yesterdays showing we are a million miles away from doing that.

Lets hope and prey it was a bad day at the office for all concerned.

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 08:24:53 »

our no 19 was at fault for 3 of em from the tv footage.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #416 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 08:26:30 »

Jean-François is our 19.
Arnold.J.Rimmer

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 08:28:28 »

lescinel jean lescinel francois jean lescinel was our 19
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 08:28:34 »

he was shit

Things get better but they never get good
Rich Pullen

« Reply #419 on: Sunday, August 9, 2009, 08:37:10 »

What was Macklin and Marshall's contributions like? They came on at 1-0 and 2-0 respectively.

I know it's not their fault but when I saw that they were the 2 out of our 7 subs used I was quite surprised as they were probably our weakest players on paper.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: