Pages: 1 ... 1904 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 1910 ... 2656   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trivial things you don't understand/mildly annoy you  (Read 5135212 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28590 on: Thursday, July 26, 2018, 09:02:27 »

I’m finding it hard to comprehend that the father of that 3 year old boy who had acid thrown over him has been charged with the offence.

Lost for words

When I saw it, I assumed the bloke had tried to attack (or arranged for someone else to attack) the mother (i.e. his ex) but missed/fucked it up. In other words that this is a particularly nasty example of revenge attack on an ex gone wrong, not that he'd targeted the kid deliberately. Couldn't even begin to imagine that tbh. We'll find out in time I guess.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28591 on: Thursday, July 26, 2018, 10:45:15 »

I've just had a missed call from Somalia  Huh?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #28592 on: Thursday, July 26, 2018, 11:29:47 »

I've just had a missed call from Somalia  Huh?

Oddly enough, me too. Maybe we have won the lottery?

I come from a land down-under
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #28593 on: Thursday, July 26, 2018, 11:32:51 »

When I saw it, I assumed the bloke had tried to attack (or arranged for someone else to attack) the mother (i.e. his ex) but missed/fucked it up. In other words that this is a particularly nasty example of revenge attack on an ex gone wrong, not that he'd targeted the kid deliberately. Couldn't even begin to imagine that tbh. We'll find out in time I guess.
Hang the fucker,  no probably not,  that would be too good for him, let him get a few good slappings inside. 

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28594 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 07:53:09 »

Anyone had a wood burner installed recently? Just had a quote and the installation and sundry bits and bobs cost more than the actual stove.
Barry Scott

« Reply #28595 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 07:56:21 »

Anyone had a wood burner installed recently? Just had a quote and the installation and sundry bits and bobs cost more than the actual stove.

We had one fitted a few months back. The fitter was a friend of a friend, so don’t know whether it was expensive or not. Our fitting and extras cost £360.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28596 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 08:23:48 »

The amount of insects due to the hot weather. Sat at work earlier this week and felt a sting on my arm, some weird looking bug chomping away  Banging

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28597 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 08:25:18 »

Bloody hell! Excluding a bit of building work to remove the existing brick surround and hearth I’ve been quoted over £1500.

With the building work plus the cost of the wood burner we’re looking at nearly £3500 in total.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #28598 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 08:25:58 »

Get an oil filled rad for £20
Barry Scott

« Reply #28599 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 09:37:06 »

Bloody hell! Excluding a bit of building work to remove the existing brick surround and hearth I’ve been quoted over £1500.

With the building work plus the cost of the wood burner we’re looking at nearly £3500 in total.

Sounds a lot, but thinking about it I have a feeling ours should’ve been about £1000. I know little about the subject in truth.

There’s a diy stove fitters website that could probably help you work out costs and consider taking some of it on yourself.

http://www.stovefittersmanual.co.uk

Edit: I recall that our salesman (another friend) did say we should budget about £3k.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #28600 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 09:48:05 »

Thanks for that link. Maybe that price isn’t too far out.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28601 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 10:01:35 »

Thanks for that link. Maybe that price isn’t too far out.
We have a woodburner in our lounge (for additional heating not cooking, obvs) and last time we went to get the chimney cleaned so we could use it the following winter, were told it would be illegal as it needed the flue widening or something. Quoted around a grand, so yes it seems consistent that these things are expensive! We decided to make do with central heating and keep the woodburner as decorative for now!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #28602 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 16:52:34 »

Got a letter from RBS declining me for a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card. Only I have never applied for one! Seemingly when I called them someone has tried to apply online on my behalf. The fraud office is closed for the weekend but how were they going to use my card, it was sent to me at my home address!! Unless we have some ropey people living in our block of flats?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28603 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 16:52:40 »

Bloody Vodafone...

Due an 'free' upgrade so popped into store in Carlisle as I was working up there today. Went through usual bollocks, no I don't need more data just a repeat of the normal (free calls texts and 1gb) just as the battery life of phone is getting a bit crap could do with a new one. A bit of battering of the keyboard,and he comes up with a price 50p a month less than I am paying now, so fine we can run with that.

He buggers off and gets phone from out the back (think it may have been in Scotland he took so bloody long) starts setting it up, then runs through the contract and suddenly there is a £30 up front charge appeared, point out that he never mentioned that, the twat didn't even apologise just says it's because it's a Samsung phone take it or leave it.

So I leave it, check online when I get home and can get same deal online with 4gb of data with no up front cost although suspect that's just for new customers. Will go into another store at some point and try again, but does it need to be such a ballache, not helped by setting the missus up on the account 6 months back so cannot easily walk away....
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #28604 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 17:05:17 »

Got a letter from RBS declining me for a Royal Bank of Scotland credit card. Only I have never applied for one! Seemingly when I called them someone has tried to apply online on my behalf. The fraud office is closed for the weekend but how were they going to use my card, it was sent to me at my home address!! Unless we have some ropey people living in our block of flats?
On a similar vein a friend of mine has their credit card cloned, however it was rather easily cleared up as the person who nicked the details then used the card to pay their home gas bill!
Pages: 1 ... 1904 1905 1906 [1907] 1908 1909 1910 ... 2656   Go Up
Print
Jump to: