Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oldham Athletic AFC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 32430 times)
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:25:12 »

I'm going to regret this probably, but this morning I have cracked.  Wife is working all day, so faced with a day at home with the boys I have decided today's as good a day as any for their first game.  They're 4¾ and 3¼.  Bit young, I know.  I expect to see no more than 10 mins football in each half and to spend the rest of the time buying drinks, picking crayons up off the floor and helping with trips to the toilet.  My brother has gallantly offered to swap his season ticket in the Town End to help.  I'm not sure we're going to be on speaking terms by 5pm.   Grin

Any recommendations for somewhere to take a couple of little ones for a bite to eat before the game?  We're coming in off the M4 at J15, so was thinking of the Sun Inn at Coate.

The Hungry Horse just before The Sun Inn? I think it was called The Spotted Cow. Went there a couple of years back and the food was great, really cheap, and climbing frames and swings for the kids, albeit a little chilly in Swindon this morning Smiley
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:26:15 »

Thanks for that.  Where is it?  Arkells Stand, I presume?  (I'm not a regular in the Legends, so today will be my first time in the Arkells for a very long time.)

I thought it was just the old and wealthy that went in The Arkells?
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:27:59 »

Spotted Cow, is that still there?  Used to walk up there in my youth from Park South!

3-1 today, 9,250.  Just about to leave & really looking forward to the match, happy with the way KMacs got us playing, just need the strikers to find the net again!  
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:35:31 »

Spotted Cow, is that still there?  Used to walk up there in my youth from Park South!

3-1 today, 9,250.  Just about to leave & really looking forward to the match, happy with the way KMacs got us playing, just need the strikers to find the net again!  

I used to drink in there lunchtimes when at Park School in the 60's... a pint and a cheese and onion roll. Landlord didn't seem to mind, the place was more or less a bunch of prefab huts...no idea what the original may have looked like if there was such a thing...it stayed like that for years...until seemingly being replaced by some newer prefab style modern shit.
Hitchinred

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:40:21 »

Leaving now to hopefully see a 2-0 win in front of 9,174 (149 from the North).

Don't forget if you're coming in from London it's 2 and a quarter hours each way on the train today.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:41:18 »

Woo. Got my Ticket.

Hopefully we can continue with the defensive solidarity of the last game, and the new lads can add some more oomph from the middle of the park going forward

Things get better but they never get good
inept and tiresome

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:41:49 »

Where has all this positism come from?
Usual home form fo me. Play will be between, decent and real class, ending in a 1 -1 draw.
sn5_red

« Reply #37 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:43:33 »

Any recommendations for somewhere to take a couple of little ones for a bite to eat before the game?  We're coming in off the M4 at J15, so was thinking of the Sun Inn at Coate.

Depends what you want...

Pub food then Spotted Cows a good shout. Harvester on drove roads decent too and not far from the CG.

Go up the hill at coate into old town if you want pizza express or subway.

5 minute detour off queens drive if you want McDonalds/KFC/Chiquitos/Frankie and Bennys/ Pizza Hut at Greenbridge

Or chippy / Burger King next to the magic roundabout

.... And yes I am a fat bastard
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:47:31 »

I thought it was just the old and wealthy that went in The Arkells?

I am neither of these and reside in the Arkells  Smiley.

Hope your boys enjoy being mascot Duke of Banbury and your boys enjoy their first game Ardiles.  Snacks, sweets and drinks in abundence will also be helpful.  Which end of the Arkells are you going to be in?

All we need is for our bloody strikers to be a bit more clinical today.  Nothing less than 3 points is good enough!

Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:52:14 »

We don't win home games, do we?! I'm confident we'll see a goal today, so 1-1. Ah fuck it, with the embongo gone the new boys will have a stormer and we'll win 4-0!

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 09:59:51 »

Hope your boys enjoy being mascot Duke of Banbury and your boys enjoy their first game Ardiles.  Snacks, sweets and drinks in abundence will also be helpful.  Which end of the Arkells are you going to be in?

Thanks.  Packing a couple of bags as we speak...complete with colouring books and crayons.  What am I doing?

Thanks also for all the pub lunch recommendations.  But the Sun Inn suggestion took hold quickly and there are now 7 of us meeting there.

Nerves kicking in now.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 10:00:55 »

Thanks for that.  Where is it?  Arkells Stand, I presume?  (I'm not a regular in the Legends, so today will be my first time in the Arkells for a very long time.)

I hope you've got some thick protective earmuffs to shield them from the constant barrage of negativity and abuse that will come raining down over their shoulders.

Sussex

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 10:05:34 »

Thanks.  Packing a couple of bags as we speak...complete with colouring books and crayons.  What am I doing?

Thanks also for all the pub lunch recommendations.  But the Sun Inn suggestion took hold quickly and there are now 7 of us meeting there.

Nerves kicking in now.

This is why I love this forum.

I'm back after a hissy fit by the way, not that any cunt missed me.

You reeeeeedddddds  Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 10:06:18 »

No luck in getting batch the littlest to goad the town end after playing on the pitch at half time Sad
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #44 on: Friday, March 29, 2013, 10:11:05 »

I'm back after a hissy fit by the way, not that any cunt missed me.
Actually your absence was stated earlier this week Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: