Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2007  (Read 15798 times)
sonic youth

« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 21:12:54 »

well that was an anti-climax.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 21:16:20 »

good match then? sounded it. always thought it would be a close one!
Spud

« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 21:20:36 »

Quote from: "swindon town dave"
jesus christ. malinga the slinger. can he do it...

He'd make an ace Pitcher in MLB.
DMR

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 21:52:32 »

He'd make an ace English bowler too Spuddy, he's exactly the sort of bowler we need. Someone who takes more than 3+ wickets in an innings on a regular basis, even if he can be expensive, and a genuine inswing bowler.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, March 28, 2007, 22:35:19 »

great effort from malinga, another brilliant game. turning out to be the best world cup ever
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, March 29, 2007, 07:44:00 »

Quote from: "strooood"
hahaha his action is quality

So's his hair  Shocked

Yep, the WC has been highly entertaining so far Cheesy
Shame the murder of Bob Woolmer is going to forever cast a massive shadow over the tournament and the game of cricket Sad

West Indies V New Zealand today,feel a bit sorry for the Windies having to play again so soon.It'll be interesting to see how the Kiwis cope after their injury crisis.

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Scot Munroe

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, April 1, 2007, 20:58:08 »

West Indies struggling badly against Sri Lanka. 148-6 chasing 304. Ouch
Scot Munroe

« Reply #142 on: Monday, April 2, 2007, 20:47:22 »

Kiwis beat Bangladesh by 9 wickets today. Fleming scored a hundred his 8th ODI Hundred. They have to be favourites.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Monday, April 2, 2007, 20:57:55 »

playing well well are the black caps. its hard to see anyone but Sri Lanka, The Aussies, South Africa and New Zealand reaching the last 4
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 10:32:04 »

I was enjoying it last week,loath to admit it but its dragging a bit now,i mean it could be me,but every time i turn it on it always seems to be either the West Indies or New Zealand.Least we're playing a couple of times this week,though i'm not sure how much fun that will be Sad

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFC Village

« Reply #145 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 11:32:18 »

Have to agree larwood, difficult to see any surprise results happening this week, all beginning to get a bit predictable after the shocks at the group stage.

We have to win at least one of our 2 games this week, and with the Aussies batsmen in such great touch, i can see them having a field day against our bowlers. Which leaves tomorrows game as a must win....
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 11:34:14 »

Cricket world cup is poor.  Especially when played in front of half empty grounds.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #147 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:04:54 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Cricket world cup is poor.  Especially when played in front of half empty grounds.

Crowds have been really poor. Tickets are $100 a monthly wage in Carribean. Lower the ticket prices and let the kids in for free to understand the Cricket in West Indies.
mattboyslim

« Reply #148 on: Tuesday, April 3, 2007, 12:17:20 »

Agree with the tickets - probably less English there as many have had the winter in Aus too.  IMHO it was always going to be slightly inevitable that the results would be more predictable when the non-test nations made it thru.  It's great to see the small nations progressing but in the last eight it makes for fewer competitive matches than if perhaps India and Pakistan had got through.  Last four should be good - be nice to see a team beat the aussies, just for a change, and obviously out of principle.
STFC Village

« Reply #149 on: Sunday, April 8, 2007, 05:26:27 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
difficult to see any surprise results happening this week, all beginning to get a bit predictable after the shocks at the group stage.
So much for that then!

Go Tigers!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: