Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: During the Pre Season build up  (Read 3986 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 18:25:41 »

I said some sort of consolidation would be the order of the day, with maybe a cup run thrown in to generate some funds.....2 of 3 chances of a cup run have gone.

I conceived of Wise bringing a steady improvement from some of our younger players....weeding out some of the dead wood like Whalley and now Gurney, bringoing in some of his own like Weston, ready for an assault on the league next season.

Its all out of the window, so fuck knows what will happen.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 18:59:54 »

anything but promotion for me. with Sturrock in now i expect us to reach the play offs at the very least
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 19:06:21 »

Based on the fact Iffy would be our manager and the squad we had etc. I was thinking a solid mid-table would be good. When Wise arrived I thought play-offs.

So play-offs is what I expect now
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 20:37:12 »

i originally said consolidation and challenge for promotion, even once wise had been at the club a fair while but after the six game winning streak and despite recent events, not getting promoted would be a failure.

however, sturrock's walked into a half-finished job with a bunch of players who will need to adapt to what will probably be a vastly different style of play. some won't adapt and will need to be replaced which takes time.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 21:52:15 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
i originally said consolidation and challenge for promotion, even once wise had been at the club a fair while but after the six game winning streak and despite recent events, not getting promoted would be a failure.

however, sturrock's walked into a half-finished job with a bunch of players who will need to adapt to what will probably be a vastly different style of play. some won't adapt and will need to be replaced which takes time.

Sorry Sonic, but that's bollocks. If they were good enough to get promotion under Wise, they'll be good enough enough under Luggy.
He might bring some players in on loan, but I think the nucleus of the squad will see us through. Top three. Cast iron. Nailed on. [/b]WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 21:55:38 »

Before the season, i said we'd finish fifth. I still think the same, but we'll beat Franchise in the playoffs, with a lee peacok hat trick.

Trust me Cool

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 8, 2006, 23:25:12 »

I can't remember what I said. The joys of alcohol.
quinnismyhero

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 9, 2006, 22:26:57 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I said some sort of consolidation would be the order of the day, with maybe a cup run thrown in to generate some funds.....2 of 3 chances of a cup run have gone.

I conceived of Wise bringing a steady improvement from some of our younger players....weeding out some of the dead wood like Whalley and now Gurney, bringoing in some of his own like Weston, ready for an assault on the league next season.

Its all out of the window, so fuck knows what will happen.

Agreed
STFC Village

« Reply #23 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 01:49:53 »

Here's some of the predictions from the start of the season....

http://www.thetownend.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13589&highlight=prediction
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, November 10, 2006, 04:26:29 »

Quote from: "herthab"
Quote from: "sonic youth"

Sorry Sonic, but that's bollocks. If they were good enough to get promotion under Wise, they'll be good enough enough under Luggy.
He might bring some players in on loan, but I think the nucleus of the squad will see us through. Top three. Cast iron. Nailed on. [/b]WE ARE GOING UP!!!!!

No-one knows if they would have been good enough to go up under Wise though.  This is Swindon Town and in my eyes Swindon Town = Inconsistency.  So in other words, I agree with Reg, fuck knows what will happen!
DMR

« Reply #25 on: Saturday, November 11, 2006, 18:51:28 »

fuck off yeovil red, forgive me for not saying we'll waltz this league when i'd just seen us capitulate from 14th in mid-feb to being relegated by bristol fucking city

wanker
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: