Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bristol C v C Palace  (Read 3741 times)
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:12:58 »

For me, making out that the ball didn't go in and not telling the ref it did is no different than cheating. I can't see any difference between what the Bristol City players did and Maradonna with his "hand of god". I would be more than just a bit pissed if the Swindon players pulled a stunt like that - I'd prefer to lose than win by cheating.
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:14:32 »

For me, making out that the ball didn't go in and not telling the ref it did is no different than cheating. I can't see any difference between what the Bristol City players did and Maradonna with his "hand of god". I would be more than just a bit pissed if the Swindon players pulled a stunt like that - I'd prefer to lose than win by cheating.

This sounds puritanical and am not sure how many would agree when actually in the situation - but I couldn't agree with you more.
penhill red

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, August 17, 2009, 19:24:06 »

It certainly isn't going to get Johnson or City any respect from neutrals, i bet a referee will see to it soon that City get a bit of payback with blatant bias against them, can always rule out goals from corners for pushing without anyone really questioning it!

If "Practice makes perfect" and "nobody is perfect" why bother waste time practicing when there is beer to be drank.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, August 18, 2009, 10:46:02 »

Johnson did instigate such a gesture once before while Yeovil boss against Plymouth in the League Cup.

Obviously, he's big time now and wouldn't dream of such a gesture these days.

All of this will be long forgotten within a couple of weeks.

...but what if that 3 points gets them into the play offs.  Grrr
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: