Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Crewe Alexandra - Official Match Day Thread  (Read 23796 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:26:32 »

It was Rodgers who lost possession, but he was the only one making himself available. Watch the highlights, he sprints back to get the ball from Vigs. Admire him for that but it was a poor pass to give the ball away
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:27:58 »

It was Rodgers who lost possession, but he was the only one making himself available. Watch the highlights, he sprints back to get the ball from Vigs. Admire him for that but it was a poor pass to give the ball away

This is the bit of our short goal-kick routine we seem to need to practise.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:33:14 »

I thought our fans booed a lot, why is last week special?

They do on here, at games not so much.
He was right to have a go (if he even did, I haven't bought a programme in years) but good to see him get some time on the pitch tonight.

Most of the booing today was thankfully directed at BOO, who played well, but we actually started playing the ball down the left to him. I'm sure this isn't the "Swindon way"  Zipped

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
REDBUCK

« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:47:44 »

This is the bit of our short goal-kick routine we seem to need to practise.

except this was a free kick we had on half way that should of gone forward into the crewe box but Rogers took it short got into a mess and it ended back with keeper. Rogers on receiving the bal then passed it blind and lost possession
lambourn red

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 19:57:58 »

video up on sky

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10133512/swindon-4-3-crewe
adje

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:07:34 »

It ends before the winner!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:08:54 »

Two things.

1. Fair play to sky for getting the highlights up early.
2. The boo's sound childish and like a couple of kids. Reminds of the boooourns sketch from the Simpsons.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:11:09 »

Almost a carbon copy of last week. Good second half and only ever one winner, but we can't keep giving teams leads to battle back from.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:12:10 »

I f you want to see real comedy defending watch Cov v burton..
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:20:11 »

Nate brought up goal kicks and at one point used the word "disgusted" about the booing reaction and those who did it.  He also said he'd like to show the vids justifying how building from the back rather than 50:50 punts into the middle of the park could end up putting you right under pressure again.  Keep it all back till the end of the game was his appeal.

I felt the same about the booing today and especially appreciated the (real) Townend for getting the atmosphere going second half.  Shows what can be done when team and crowd work together.
tj2002

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:28:51 »

It ends before the winner!

That was about as league 1 as it gets.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 20:32:18 »

except this was a free kick we had on half way that should of gone forward into the crewe box but Rogers took it short got into a mess and it ended back with keeper. Rogers on receiving the bal then passed it blind and lost possession

It's not the first time he has passed it blind and then it costs us a goal.  If he was close to the oppositions box then fair enough but not in our half of the field.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 21:02:26 »

To question the theory a bit, if we pass out because due to the height of our forward players, why pass up good opportunities on free kicks to get it in the mix and cause some problems? Turnbull and Branco could get themselves in like with corners. Our free kicks are not so much an advantage we use them to pass back and start again.

Not sure if mentioned but how come everyone got there phone lights out on 60th min?

Enjoying the attacking play that we can create. Best strike force in the division, stop giving gifts away and we may see some easier wins.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 22:44:23 »

6 wins from safety. Would have taken that a couple of months ago. Closer to play offs than relegation. Beat Sheffield United next weekend and we go within 3 points of them. 7 wins in 10 league games.

Just some random facts which show we're not doing badly. Stop the faffing and we should be looking at a top half finish.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 23:34:57 »

The game changed when Traore and Rodgers started staying deeper when we attacked so instead of them countering 3v2 it was 3v4 and low and behold we began winning the ball  back (particularly through Traore)

The club saying the passing out from the back is 'our style' is too simplistic; I get the philosophy but there are times when Vigs, Branco etc do not have the technique or compusure of Fods, NT, Stephens..Yes it is our style but it has to evolve with the personnel

Just imagine last year's squad playing this kamikaze style though! It would have been so entertaining
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 23:38:37 by Boeta » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: