Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PROTESTS  (Read 23850 times)
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #210 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:08:26 »

Had some guy beside me saying "why protest the board are gone" I replied "there not gone otherwise things would be ok. Do we just stand here and do nothing." They told me "well you were against protesting etc, what happened this time" I simply said "I needed a trigger like many town fans(as last night showed) and and now that trigger has been pulled and it is time to act!" Some people think it will be ok and we will get out of it.
Spud

« Reply #211 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:20:09 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazzza"
Had some guy beside me saying "why protest the board are gone" I replied "there not gone otherwise things would be ok. Do we just stand here and do nothing." They told me "well you were against protesting etc, what happened this time" I simply said "I needed a trigger like many town fans(as last night showed) and and now that trigger has been pulled and it is time to act!" Some people think it will be ok and we will get out of it.

Deluded Cunts.

Yes our huge debts are going to slowly drift away never to be seen again!  :roll:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:26:37 »

I hope the rest of the crowd last night that didn't portest realise what they have done if the club goes under.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:33:26 »

Some people think it will be ok and we will get out of it.

According to my phone conversation with you at half time mate, thats exactly what you thought.

See if Ben Lambert says "Gaz, dont worry about it, it will be all right, there will be good news tomorrow" ..........

then that must be right, eh mate ?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #214 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:35:40 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Some people think it will be ok and we will get out of it.

According to my phone conversation with you at half time mate, thats exactly what you thought.

See if Ben Lambert says "Gaz, dont worry about it, it will be all right, there will be good news tomorrow" ..........

then that must be right, eh mate ?

No you didn't let me finish mate at half time, I was trying to tell you thats what he said and if you ask Batch, Craig, Jon or anyone else around me last night I burst out laughing and said yeah right when I got that message. FACT. My exact words were "yeah we are only 10 million in debt"

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:37:28 »

does it fucking matter you two?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:42:45 »

I think only Starnes was there last night from the board, did not see Wills, Diamandis et all in the exec area, not surprising they didn't turn up though.

I suspect Lambert was protecting his father in law !!

Trying to storm the doors was a bit silly, people will just get tagged as hooligans which is not the point, I was surprised by the turnout and to start with there was probably somewhere in the region of around 500 but people slowly slipped away gradually as they do.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #217 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:46:46 »

I wouldn’t offer £50.00 for protests against Tranmere for signs or be there last night. Whatever Ben Lambert or anyone else says is irrelevant, people may be nice to you or whatever but that means nothing when it comes to the F.C. The football club is paramount not personal friendships etc. We all need to be as one now show solidarity for the cause. Even if the club announced Best Holdings took over I would not be convinced until I saw it was true. That’s the kind of credibility they have now.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:48:11 »

Seton Wills was there and so was Lambert - We saw him selling the programmes pre match - no idea why  :?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #219 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:50:24 »

Reporting what's happening back to the man up top?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:51:01 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Seton Wills was there and so was Lambert - We saw him selling the programmes pre match - no idea why  :?

Really ?

I was sat around the exec enclosure and didn't see him.....maybe I missed him

You sure Lambert was selling programmes and not the Big Issue, he was probably 'trying to get the word on the street'
returnofthereds

« Reply #221 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 12:51:21 »

How about a sit in after the game? Do the march beforehand,watch the game and then just sit there,and sit there and ......................
Could be the last time we get to go to the CG so may as well make the most of it Crying
sonic youth

« Reply #222 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:03:58 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Ah ok. Thats abit silly

As opposed to just being ignored?

Charging the doors is silly because it gives the press and board an excuse to use the "all fans are hooligans" line. The vocal protests were brilliant, but "hooligans try to storm into the ground" will sell more than "disgruntled fans show their frustration." You only have too see the photos in the poaper too see which way the advers going..

I just dont think it cuts any mustard. The fact that weve not only been ignored, but actually slagged off by the board shows to me that these are not reasonable people.

even more reason to take the moral high ground.

charging the doors when there's stewards and police stood there, some with batons, is only going to give the protest negative press and detract away from the actual mssage.

i appreciate the frustration people felt but getting aggressive and physical at a protest is only going to make us look like a bunch of idiots.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #223 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:12:49 »

I just saw axs on points west. Shexy
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:17:02 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I just saw axs on points west. Shexy

How long was coverage
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up