Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grapevine news  (Read 6484 times)
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 15:29:48 »

A few reasons.

Regarding Caddis, it's that Wilson sees him more as an attacker and wants cover when he goes on international duty or ends up injured.

Two, the management don't think Thompson is ready.

And the primary reason for a new RB is that Amankwaah is facing surgery on his ankle and he'll be out for a while. At the moment it's touch and go whether they opt for it but it's clearly been affecting him.

Did hear about Amankwaah, iv'e been told Darby will be hear if everything goes to plan by the end of next week?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, September 24, 2010, 15:51:15 »

If Manks is carrying an injury that would make sense why he hasn't been up to last seasons standard, when he was probably one of the best RB's in the league.
Panda Paws

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, September 25, 2010, 10:09:20 »

I just think Amankwaah is an average L1 RB, and should be replaced. Caddis will in part do this, but I'd much rather see Darby there instead of Kev
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:43:40 »

Although theres talk of us having Darby back - rumours are rife that he's off to Southampton on loan.....

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/football-league/1416/6/liverpool-rookie-set-southampton-loan-switch?
« Last Edit: Monday, September 27, 2010, 15:50:36 by Luci » Logged
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:08:40 »

If we want him, and he (in talksports infallible opinion) would like to come back here, then why tell him to go to southhampton? Doesn't make sense, but little they say does! Bring him back, sign him up, etc etc
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 17:21:15 »

Just posting what I read, can't see him going there but who knows!
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:23:30 »

If Manks is carrying an injury that would make sense why he hasn't been up to last seasons standard, when he was probably one of the best RB's in the league.

Well he was back to his best on Saturday...........my MOM.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:41:09 »

Well he was back to his best on Saturday...........my MOM.

He improved in the 2nd half, but his performance in the first 45 minutes wasn't anywhere near his best.

(In my humble opinion)

It's All Good..............
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:51:14 »

Fair comment Steve..........but he did a lot of good work on Lee in that first 20 mins on the back stick.
Was my MOM on account of his second half display...........bombed up and down that pitch going forward and did his defensive duties really well....lets hope he can stay injury free.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:55:17 »

I'd rather play Kev anyday than Darby. Much more physical presence and better going forward.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 27, 2010, 18:59:27 »

I'd rather play Kev anyday than Darby. Much more physical presence and better going forward.

Darby is the better defender. Surely that's the most important thing when it comes to playing in defence?

If Kev can recapture last season's form he'll be a real asset, but if DW can bring Darby back I can see him playing a lot more games.

It's All Good..............
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 07:16:58 »

Darby is the better defender. Surely that's the most important thing when it comes to playing in defence?

If Kev can recapture last season's form he'll be a real asset, but if DW can bring Darby back I can see him playing a lot more games.
capello doesn't seem to think so with english rightbacks!

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 08:23:05 »

He improved in the 2nd half, but his performance in the first 45 minutes wasn't anywhere near his best.

(In my humble opinion)

I fully agree. First half he was poor, second half he was good.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 08:35:11 »

i'm with ralphy.i thought darby weakend the side when he came in for amankwaa last season.
a tidy enough player but not a physical presence and panicked when going forward
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, September 28, 2010, 08:47:07 »

i'm with ralphy.i thought darby weakend the side when he came in for amankwaa last season.
a tidy enough player but not a physical presence and panicked when going forward
Agreed, yes hes a good defender but hes lightweight and offers nothing going forward.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: