Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Scottish Independence  (Read 58357 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:26:13 »

Yeah, I understand the systems flaws, just pointing out that it is not 100% biased to 100% of Scotland, as most seen to think

Things get better but they never get good
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:39:49 »

I don't recall receiving 8 grand from the government 
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:41:44 »

Glasgow result coming up soon.  That should be interesting!

Glasgow voted Yes.

I would have liked to have seen a Yes vote, but this has been a marvelous exercise in democracy and a credit to the Scottish people, and I suppose grudgingly to Cameron who accepted the need for it, and very nearly got burned.

The Queen will be happy.
kerry red

« Reply #288 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:47:47 »

So will Farage - he'd would have had to change his party's name from UKIP
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:50:34 »

I would have liked to have seen a Yes vote...

Would have meant increased Tory domination down here though...which I'm not sure you'd have welcomed.

The more I think about it, the happier I become about this result.  The surge in the polls for Yes a couple of weeks ago - which some commentators are now thinking was a mistake/anomaly anyway - forced Cameron's hand in to offering the Scots more than he otherwise would have done in terms of devolution.  And that, in turn, means that the likelihood of the West Lothian Question being resolved via real, meaningful constitutional change for England is massively increased.  All the talk on the Today Programme this morning is about what this means for the whole of the UK.

Whether individually they voted Yes or No, the Scottish electorate has done all of us a massive favour.  In the years ahead political engagement, the constitutional settlement and even the union itself will all be stronger than they have been up until now.
Ironside
Wir müssen die Liberalen ausrotten

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:52:28 »

According to the Daily Mail, Doncaster still belongs to Scotland after an invasion back in the 13th Century. It was never formally returned to England. Doncaster is also Ed Miliband's constituency, commonly known as 'the arsehole of England' and closer to Edinburgh than London.

We could have got rid of Scotland, Doncaster AND the arsehole of England, all in one go.

I'm a little disappointed...

Genius, Gentleman Explorer, French Cabaret Chantoose  and Small Bets Placed and someone who knows who they are changed my signature but its only know that I can be arsed to change it....and I mean all the spelling mistakes.

Was it me? It can't have been an interesting enough event for me to remember - fB.
Sir Pissalot

« Reply #291 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 07:53:01 »

Glasgow voted Yes.

I would have liked to have seen a Yes vote, but this has been a marvelous exercise in democracy and a credit to the Scottish people, and I suppose grudgingly to Cameron who accepted the need for it, and very nearly got burned.

The Queen will be happy.

Yes, that was never in any doubt, Reg.  My comment about it being "interesting" was more to do with whether their turnout would be as high as the other parts who had already declared (it wasn't), and if the extent of their YES vote would start to turn the tide that was already building up (it didn't).
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:07:34 »

According to the Daily Mail, Doncaster still belongs to Scotland after an invasion back in the 13th Century. It was never formally returned to England. Doncaster is also Ed Miliband's constituency, commonly known as 'the arsehole of England' and closer to Edinburgh than London.

We could have got rid of Scotland, Doncaster AND the arsehole of England, all in one go.

I'm a little disappointed...

A statelet of Glasgow and Lanarkshire could be established....something along the lines of Kosovo....and Doncaster handed over to them, seems fair enough.

I'm surprised no media has looked into what the descendants of the Stuart family are up to.....and whether they fancy another crack at reclaiming the Crowns of England and Scotland.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:10:23 »

Glasgow's result was far closer than I expected it to be.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:15:18 »

Glasgow's result was far closer than I expected it to be.

The forthcoming friendly is going to be fun....now, do all England fans show the Union Flag, and hang out with the Rangers lot?

I've never quite been able to pin down to a year or an event, when England fans stopped using the Union Flag at games and started using the cross of St George, but it did happen almost unnoticed.
Red Squirrel

« Reply #295 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:15:43 »

Excellent, common sense prevailed.

Spot on !  Massive relief from up here in the Highlands. My job no longer under threat , can now continue to enjoy
this beautiful part of Great Britain . Up the Town!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:17:51 »

World cup 90 I reckon Reginald
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:20:36 »

The forthcoming friendly is going to be fun....now, do all England fans show the Union Flag, and hang out with the Rangers lot?

I've never quite been able to pin down to a year or an event, when England fans stopped using the Union Flag at games and started using the cross of St George, but it did happen almost unnoticed.

I thought it was around Euro '96 when England flags were visibly replacing Union ones.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:21:02 »

I'm delighted that Scotland is staying, but I made the mistake of watching a clip of Cameron talking about the choice and I instantly felt a pang of regret for them bottling it.

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:34:20 »

Unsurprisingly, there were plenty of grubby looking Union Jack's in attendance at the abandoned Ireland friendly in 1995. So I imagine hosting Euro '96 cemented St. George's Flag as the England's flag-o-choice.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 19, 2014, 08:42:15 by Costanza » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: