Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Oxford United FC - Official Matchday Thread - edited...  (Read 47862 times)
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:43:47 »

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #406 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:48:20 »

I've just seen the goals on Sky Sports and Smith made a right fuck up on the 2nd one.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:51:35 »

I've just seen the goals on Sky Sports and Smith made a right fuck up on the 2nd one.

I think Lanzano will start on Wednesday (he probably would have started no matter the result today). I guess Smith could get dropped if Lanzano has a blinder.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:55:33 »

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #409 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 21:58:43 »

and constable is a cunt kissing the fucking badge - fucking Scum cunt.  Enjoy your 5 minutes of fame Scummer that fucking yellow stain and stink will never fucking leave you, you puss filled pissy wankstain. Cunt.
Charles

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:05:11 »

Poor atmos though isn't it. Why not sing a proper song? Didn't realise quite how dead it had become behind the goal.

Love the chap in the high visibility jacket though! Was he being ironic do you think?
Crispy
Pink Jumper For Goalpost

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:14:40 »

Poor atmos though isn't it. Why not sing a proper song? Didn't realise quite how dead it had become behind the goal.

Love the chap in the high visibility jacket though! Was he being ironic do you think?

What?  Zzz

They've got muslamic rayguns, muslamic rayguns..
Charles

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:24:57 »

What?  Zzz

Seriously though. Moribund.

I guess you don't have any singers behind the goal.

At least there's the bloke in an orange waistcoat to keep you all amused with his stories from that morning's dust collection I guess. But surely the carts don't run on a Sunday. Who works on a Sunday? Maybe he's a vicar in a church undergoing renovations? That must be it.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 22:27:03 »

Seriously though. Moribund.

I guess you don't have any singers behind the goal.

At least there's the bloke in an orange waistcoat to keep you all amused with his stories from that morning's dust collection I guess. But surely the carts don't run on a Sunday. Who works on a Sunday? Maybe he's a vicar in a church undergoing renovations? That must be it.

Shrug
deltaincline

« Reply #414 on: Sunday, August 21, 2011, 23:55:11 »

Not the best of performances today. Positive signs that PDC is assembling a decent squad are all there though.

Devera is getting undeserved stick IMO. Yeah, he was caught fast asleep for the first goal. A crass error which he'll learn from. I don't think he did much else wrong tho. Smith was completely at fault for the second and we looked solid at the back in open play. Remember that Devera has come from a small club. We are a massive step up for him. Give the fucker a chance to adapt FFS.

I hate the fucking generic term 'gel' in football terminology, but I saw enough today to convince me that PDC and Wray have got it about right with our squad this season. Today was very hard to swallow losing at home to the scum. We have made massive changes during the summer though; a new Chairman, a new Manager and a whole new playing squad of individuals assembled from all over the planet.

I honestly think that we'll piss this shit hole department of the EFL when we finally get going. It might take a while longer to 'gel' but we'll be fucking spectacular when we do.

The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 04:40:05 »

Not the best of performances today. Positive signs that PDC is assembling a decent squad are all there though.

Devera is getting undeserved stick IMO. Yeah, he was caught fast asleep for the first goal. A crass error which he'll learn from. I don't think he did much else wrong tho. Smith was completely at fault for the second and we looked solid at the back in open play. Remember that Devera has come from a small club. We are a massive step up for him. Give the fucker a chance to adapt FFS.

I hate the fucking generic term 'gel' in football terminology, but I saw enough today to convince me that PDC and Wray have got it about right with our squad this season. Today was very hard to swallow losing at home to the scum. We have made massive changes during the summer though; a new Chairman, a new Manager and a whole new playing squad of individuals assembled from all over the planet.

I honestly think that we'll piss this shit hole department of the EFL when we finally get going. It might take a while longer to 'gel' but we'll be fucking spectacular when we do.

I agree with all of that. Think Di Canio will learn to 'cool down' a bit too. Passion one thing but being sent off not going to help players on the pitch. Is he likely to receive a 3 match touchline ban does anyone know?
fatbasher

« Reply #416 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 06:48:32 »

Under Macari in 1985 we only won 2 of the first 8 games and drew once, losing 5 games yet still got the formula right and then we hardly lost a game and won the league at a canter with 102 points.

Give PdC time and he will get it right, we will get results we want.

We sounded like we played quite well just made a couple of bad mistakes at the back. Cut the mistakes out and we will win.

Even if most of you aren't......I will always keep the faith, after 40 years of following the Town I have seen it all, good and bad.

I could not agree more.

Yesterday I saw beyond the result and feel that we are almost there. I saw this in the first half against Reading. The difference is that playing a team like Reading is they give you space as will Bristol City. Though it has to be recognised that many teams in Div two won't and don't play that way. However, I'm convinced that all will come good and we will be there come the end of April.

If you're wound up now then you'll be even more wound up by the baiting and goading that will follow. (I have not yet read all the posts on this forum). Just chill, it's a marathon not a sprint, we were the best side no doubt.

nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 07:11:49 »

8 corners to there 1....the one they scored from No

A corner that was needlessly conceded.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DMR

« Reply #418 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 07:52:11 »

First 20 mins - fucking pap.
Until the second goal - excellent but got to make pressure like that count in future.
Entire second half - an advert for L2 football at it's dullest for both sides.

Didnt enjoy it today, first home league game for a couple of years and despite it being our biggest game of the season it did nothing to reignite the enthusiasm, was just a good day out with the biys and a few beers - the football was incidental. Disappointing.
DMR

« Reply #419 on: Monday, August 22, 2011, 07:52:41 »

And by today I of course mean yesterday.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: