Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New manager for 15/16  (Read 58321 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:09:52 »

hasn't he made disrespectful comments about us since leaving, or I am imagining that ?
You could be right but they passed me by if there were any.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
woolster

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:15:32 »

Gareth Barry 
Has somebody been sniffing the spray-paint ?
ive heard about barry being at sheff utd at home, at Wembley and he IS in some business venture with power, I would say JFH was more laughable
Peter Venkman

« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:19:27 »

ive heard about barry being at sheff utd at home, at Wembley and he IS in some business venture with power, I would say JFH was more laughable
Gareth Barry would have had trouble being at Wembley when he was playing for Everton that afternoon Wink

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:25:23 »

hasn't he made disrespectful comments about us since leaving, or I am imagining that ?

Not anything I've ever heard, but I suppose he may have slagged off Diamond Mike, Grey and Holt...enough to tarnish him in the eyes of some of our support.

I very much doubt we'd get Poyet, but sometimes when your stock falls, that's it nobody wants you.....see PdC.
woolster

« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:32:40 »

Gareth Barry would have had trouble being at Wembley when he was playing for Everton that afternoon Wink
Doh at FA cup final with power
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:34:14 »

One thing we can guarantee with Power is that he won't pay a penny if he can get away without paying a penny....frugal I think is the word Wink

Would that rule out Hockaday? Would Cov expect anything?

I know it's an academy manager rather than a 1st team coach, but I seem to remember that being an issue when Fitton went after Dickie Dosh that time.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 10:40:15 »

Would that rule out Hockaday? Would Cov expect anything?

I know it's an academy manager rather than a 1st team coach, but I seem to remember that being an issue when Fitton went after Dickie Dosh that time.
If he is under contract then normally some form of compensation is normal unless its in their contract that if offered a managers job they will waive any fee....which I would think with Hockaday is fairly likely becuase he wouldnt want anything standing in the way of a new managers job.

kerry red

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:14:54 »

What sort of manager would happily let the Chairman and his 'associates' recruit the players and also expect an input on tactics and who plays?

Very few.
stfc1975

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:19:18 »

It's a shame Teddy Sheringham has just joined Stevenage as  he would of fitted in with previous appointments. Doubt he would of taken it if offered though.

It will definitely be someone already linked to LP who will no doubt take the job knowing they wont have full control Imo.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:20:00 »

I've been saying the name for around 3-4weeks now. Oscar Garcia.  He left management due to a heart scare but had managed well with Watford and Brighton.  His stock will have fallen purely because he hasn't managed any games and is also currently unemployed. Not really under the radar of many I believe.

I'd certainly give him a go, as he may fit. Might want to come back into management (but not have to manage, so to speak so slightly less stress). His only major task would be get the media to understand what he's talking about. They'd get bored and give up. Great PR strategy! Haha.

The reason I mention him is because he turned down a coaching role at Barcelona in Jan 2015, because he wants to return to English Football management.

Could be a fantastic and shrewd move....

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:33:45 »

If Garcia has heart troubles managing town should finish the job nice and quick.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:39:54 »

If Garcia has heart troubles managing town should finish the job nice and quick.
Cheesy i thought that too! sign him on with a massive life insurance policy!

Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:55:35 »

Les Ferdinand, anyone?
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 11:57:12 »

Les Ferdinand, anyone?

Director of Football at QPR > Powers puppet at Swindon
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, 12:00:14 »

Hmm, maybe. But if Power is only in the country 90 days a year, how can he be fully running things on a day-to-day basis? Surely a manager would be more than just Power's puppet?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: