Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Creepy Crawley Official Match Day Thread  (Read 34132 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 18:56:15 »

Liked one of the people behind great western reds directly tweeting taylor telling him to piss off and that he was 'not welcome  here" despite a stated goal of the vanity project group being to 'get behind the team'

Directly aiming abuse at footballers on twitter always bemuses me (I'll criticise players but won't @ them to do so - it's pathetic and cowardly). To do so while trying to work closer with the club to generate more fan displays in the future is fucking stupid

Things get better but they never get good
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 19:01:15 »

So, first things first, playing ugly has a downside, when you lose it is just plain ugly!

For those that haven't seen many of the games, that was about the same level of performance as the rest.  The difference being we went behind and then made a tactical mistake by bringing on Taylor.  However, anyone thinking we were shit, this is how we looked in all four previous league games.

Taylor in that formation won't work, ever.  We turned it into a basketball game in that 2nd half, so while we carried on as before looking for direct balls, Crawley now found a big whole between the two different parts of our team.  They exploited it to be fair to them.

No change in my opinion on the team, they'll still win more than they lose in this league.  If one of the early chances we had goes in then it is a similar game to Carlisle and Morecambe.

As per my comments on previous games, this is not going to be pretty.

Had a feeling that something like that would happen today. The outcome against Exeter might have been similar.
Fine margins as always, take one of the early chances and it's a different result entirely.
Quite liked the way Crawley played, ahem, played it out from the back quite nicely at times. They won't finish bottom two.
We have limitations.
Setup looks ok for away games, maybe a change of plan needed for playing at home.
Mullin looks a better bet than Woolery playing in a central attacking position.
Difficult to see where Taylor is going to fit in.
Brophy needs to try and get in the game when coming on as sub.
McDermott is our most creative player.
Goddard, when fit, must play.
Sitting quite high up in the DRS at least means that the ball is at eye level for a lot of the time so less chance of neck strain than if sat at pitch level.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 19:05:24 »

was going to make a point about Purkiss looking excellent in preseason with his overlaps and crosses.

then I realised I was thinking of hussey.

how's hussey doing?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 19:26:52 »

Why on earth sub Woolery for Brophy - bizarre.
We assumed that was because Woolery hasn't had a proper pre-season and so isn't fully match fit
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 22:35:35 »

Liked one of the people behind great western reds directly tweeting taylor telling him to piss off and that he was 'not welcome  here" despite a stated goal of the vanity project group being to 'get behind the team'

Directly aiming abuse at footballers on twitter always bemuses me (I'll criticise players but won't @ them to do so - it's pathetic and cowardly). To do so while trying to work closer with the club to generate more fan displays in the future is fucking stupid
I am unsurprised.

What has Taylor done wrong anyway? Is it because he was born in Oxford?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, August 26, 2017, 22:48:57 »

More likely his tweet that showed him as a "fan" of Oxford, which would look lovely on a wall next to his photo of him kissing the Swindon badge if he scores a winner in a crucial game no doubt.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 06:57:55 »

Vigs - best 3 passes of the 1st half and stunning save in 2nd.
Purkiss - looks v uncomfortable with the ball. Didn't close Cox enough.
Hussey - interesting that Taylor had the first free kick after he came on...struggled without someone in front of him who would play him on the overlap.
Lancashire and Conroy - won lots in the air (including the o.g sadly). Positionally pulled all over after the midfield was overrun.
Linganzi and Dunne - both worked hard, but were effectively in a two man midfield with Mullin and McDermott pushed up so much. Knife through butter. Biggest tactical weakness for me.
McDermott - I liked him. Didn't always come off but he's desperate to create something each time he gets the ball. Far too one footed though.
Mullin - worked hard, nothing really happened. Again, he's going to be a favourite because he never gives up. But if he's to stay out wide, he and McDermott need to get back behind the ball when we're defending - we often had 5 or 6 men the wrong side of the ball.
Woolery - looked dangerous early on, faded. With Crawley so deep, I could understand the logic in taking him off because he couldn't use his pace - but we went downhill after the subs.
Norris - started well - on another day he would have had two early on but for good saves from their keeper. The guy in row H of the DRS, about seat 190, slaggging him off with every touch from the 70th minute has issues.
Brophy - same old. Still not sure what his position is.
Taylor - could be a new Ian Woan if played in a 3. Not a CM in a 4-4-2. Not fair on him.
Flashheart

« Reply #127 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 07:07:01 »

I have little time for that lot. Full credit to them for their work with the flags and what not, other than that, they have a habit of revealing themselves as a bunch of bellends. This is not an isolated case.
Flashheart

« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 07:10:16 »

Some are calling for Flitcroft/power out on that FB page, and I do not think they are all being tongue in cheek with it.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 07:19:30 »

I have little time for that lot. Full credit to them for their work with the flags and what not, other than that, they have a habit of revealing themselves as a bunch of bellends. This is not an isolated case.

They love the attention. From what I gather, they tweet players a lot.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #130 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 07:36:11 »

Heaviest home defeat in Div 4 since Sept 1984.

Equal 2nd worst home defeat we have ever had in Div 4 begind when Northampton beat us 5-1 at the end of 1983.

Very disappointing, sort it out Flickers.

PdC had a poor start with 5 defeats in the first 9 games, but we didn't ship that many goals at home losing only 1 at the CG all season, still its early doors.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 08:18:38 »

I dislike that they appear to think that they represent - and talk for - our entire fanbase, that and the fawning after players on twitter (seems that every player is a legend according to them)
Just seem like people trying to massage their own egos

I come from a land down-under
Flashheart

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 08:25:23 »

I dislike that they appear to think that they represent - and talk for - our entire fanbase,

This. This is what grates me the most about them. There are other things, but that they seem to think they speak for the rest of us really gets under my skin at times.

"Swindon fans think" - I've seen sentences begin with that a few times. Fuck off. You make flags. Good flags, but they're just fucking flags and they do not make you the fans' ambassadors. Wind your fucking necks in, lads.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 10:29:30 »

The more I saw of Crawley and the football they played the more impressed I was with them and I assume that is what Kewell is about. As said elsewhere shades of what we were trying to do under Williams, getting the ball on the ground then passing their way through our inept midfield and back four. Prior to their third goal which was well worked, it was down to Vigs again to stop a lovely bit of football by them and you could see that was what they were trying to achieve.

Our reply in the main was hoofball (which was laughed at last season when opposition teams did it here) and if that is the way for us to progress I need to be convinced. Of the three home games I have seen I am not sure that getting in a load of journeymen players is going to get us out of this Division as a lack of pace and skill is all to evident.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, August 27, 2017, 10:49:02 »

Heaviest home defeat in Div 4 since Sept 1984.

Equal 2nd worst home defeat we have ever had in Div 4 begind when Northampton beat us 5-1 at the end of 1983.

Very disappointing, sort it out Flickers.

PdC had a poor start with 5 defeats in the first 9 games, but we didn't ship that many goals at home losing only 1 at the CG all season, still its early doors.

May 84.  Jimmy Allan went off early and Andy Rowland went in goal. Last home game of that season.

It was always going to be difficult for Flitters to sort out the shit he was left with... he's done well so far. The response on Saturday to this game v Barnet is going to tell us a lot.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: