Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power radio phone in  (Read 89344 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 14:52:58 »

I do think it's a bit tinpot banning local media. We may all be web warriors, but there's still a portion of less techy and less committed fans who won't get much news if they don't get it from a local print outlet. If you're not happy with the coverage, engage to correct it rather than shunning them.
Quite. And double for the tinpot bit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 15:31:04 »

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/11714517.Advertiser_refused_entry_to_Swindon_Town_pre_match_press_conference/?ref=rss&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed
Flashheart

« Reply #167 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 15:33:40 »

I think the club should be careful. The adver might start writing nothing but negative articles about the club.

Oh, wait!
Wilf Shergold

« Reply #168 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 15:43:03 »

For the widow of ex speedway rider Martin Hewlett.

Players included were Viv Richards, Ian Botham, George Best, Johnny Francome,

Went to junior school with Johnny, he was a great footballer already good enough to play in the school team when he was 2 years younger than the rest of us. What a waste he didn't carry on playing...whatever became of him?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 15:59:16 »

Went to junior school with Johnny, he was a great footballer already good enough to play in the school team when he was 2 years younger than the rest of us. What a waste he didn't carry on playing...whatever became of him?

My parents bought his family's house in Old Town in the late sixties. He was just a kid at the time sitting on the rails. It backed onto a field and they'd found space to build a small stable at the end of the garden. SO maybe there was parental pressure.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:26:17 »

Poor form from the other journalists to attend while some if their colleagues are refused access.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:34:22 »

Poor form from the other journalists to attend while some if their colleagues are refused access.

Why?

They werent banned? And work for different media, not really their problem is it.

I wonder if they waved at them through the window Cheesy
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:36:23 »

Looks like he has got plenty of publicity about it - even the Adver are reporting it!!  Dan the Fan can do one!!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #173 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:38:03 »

Why?

They werent banned? And work for different media, not really their problem is it.

Or perhaps he is not liked by the other journos?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:48:35 »

Why?

Only after they'd licked it...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:51:07 »

People might not like the Adver's coverage of late (and I'm no big fan of it myself, it's been laughably poor), but the danger in this ban is that it sets a precedent that may (and may even be intended to do so) intimidate the other media outlets so that when there is a need for someone prepared to report the bad news as well as the good, the local media self-censor. So that if things did take a turn for the worse, a malevolent owner would have a free hand.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:52:18 »

Because that's what respected journalists would do.  

They're a news organisation not a cheerleader for the club, I'm sure the Adver would rather report on good news but "No news..."
Flashheart

« Reply #177 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 16:59:47 »

People might not like the Adver's coverage of late (and I'm no big fan of it myself, it's been laughably poor), but the danger in this ban is that it sets a precedent that may (and may even be intended to do so) intimidate the other media outlets so that when there is a need for someone prepared to report the bad news as well as the good, the local media self-censor. So that if things did take a turn for the worse, a malevolent owner would have a free hand.

I checked earlier and asides from the 'scoop' the adver did on the rent thing (which is what a scoop is generally all about), linksport have pretty much reported the same things as the adver have. The main difference being that link have reported on other things as well as the negative.

I, and others, have noticed that the adver appear to be more or less consistently negative in their reporting.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 17:02:44 »

There's a difference between reporting bad news and stirring shit though.

For example, the Adver "exclusive" about the rent owed to the Council was tabloid worthy and purely for the shock factor. Whereas if it had been written as a genuine piece of objective journalism and the club were given a fair chance to represent their side before the story was released, it would never have caused such a furore.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, January 9, 2015, 17:06:47 »

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending the Adver's reporting - as I said, it's been shit all season. But I worry about the effect of a ban on other media outlets in the future. My concern is not whether or not the Adver have been hard done by, but that it sets a worrying precedent.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: