Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Awesome, just awesome  (Read 2409 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:30:13 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "STFC Village"
if he keeps us up and then takes us to the playoffs that'll really convince me
So, you don't need too much convincing then?

That will never happen, purely because Carson will never give Iffy any money at all, he made that clear on sky when George Gavin asked him.

Where as King did make a few money purchases. However, I do think Iffy will keep us up.
King had spent only about £100k going into our playoff season in 3 years, so it was not much. He made more than he spent.

Santini, I mean over the next few years, I'm not dead set against Iffy by any means and I definitely don't want him out but I don't full support a manager until they've achieved something major. Under our budget a mid table finish would be an excellent achievement so if he achieves that then fair play.

Parkin
Roberts
Ifil
Fallon

All money, plus you have to remember going into our play off season the wage budget was alot bigger than it is now, it was slashed by 250k this season and probably a similiar amout the year before.

Sorry dv, Roberts was bought after we made the playoffs, so was Ifil. Think you need to check your facts.

Fallon too was only bought because of the extra money we'd made from higher attendances that year because we were doing so well.

The wage budget wasn't that much bigger, it was still very low, it wasn't slashed between 2003/2004 and 2004/2005.

I never claimed the signings were before the play offs, but they were money buys by King.

Isnt the wage bill slashed every year, even if it isnt....its still less than it was and if it wasnt slashed after the play offs then King should have really done better than 11th place with the same resources
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:41:06 »

I never claimed the signings were before the play offs, but they were money buys by King.

Isnt the wage bill slashed every year, even if it isnt....its still less than it was and if it wasnt slashed after the play offs then King should have really done better than 11th place with the same resources

Yeah but I was talking about signings before we made the playoffs, King had spent very little at that time.

The wage budget isn't always slashed, if it was it would be basically 0 by now. What we did lose for 2003/2004 was Mooney whose wages were paid partly by Birmingham and Devlin and Crosby, all big losses and all playing their part in 2004/2005 not being quite so good.

One good thing is one of them is now back.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:43:57 »

fucking hell we get a brilliant win and you're still on about king
Spud

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 19:53:48 »

Quote from: "dave_m_russell"
fucking hell we get a brilliant win and you're still on about king

Exactly, the fuckers gone.  :roll:
alex_stfc

« Reply #19 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 20:51:54 »

Exactly ! ! ! ! !
santini

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:16:57 »

Santini, I mean over the next few years, I'm not dead set against Iffy by any means and I definitely don't want him out ... Under our budget a mid table finish would be an excellent achievement so if he achieves that then fair play.
That's the first bit of sense you've posted for ages. Wink
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 23:21:10 »

But it was slashed by 250k tyhis summer.

Iffy has a tougher job than King.
All credit to King, he did a good job in my eyes, but now we need to move on and from what I have seen so far Iffy can do it for us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: