Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Awesome, just awesome  (Read 2410 times)
benji_turner

« on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:00:05 »

Thats how I feel today, for a number of reasons, everything went right. I'm at Uni in Plymouth, and so for money reasons could not make it to the game, so asked the student union members if they could stick the game on, as I had a couple of mates too that wanted to watch it. They did, and put it on big screen, which was fantastic. Then there was the game, I have not seen a more professional performance from us for a long time. Aside from the penalty, the game was ours, we played so well, and Stef looked unstoppable today, but it was pleasing to see the whole team up for it. Every player showed his worth out there, and they all played to their strengths. I think even Pook and McDermott looked mature tonight, they showed real potential, and completely took away the criticism they might have recieved in the past. I also hope that Hameur can stay, he looks pretty settled alongsode Rory Fallon now, that is an impressive partnership we have.

Really though, what is awesome is that I was so glad to be a Town fan tonight, and I know its only a small step, but I believe we are on the way to safety now. Anyone also think its time Iffy was told he was manager, we look so much better now than we did under King, I think we can make serious progress under him. Fuckin loved tonight, every minute was excellent, and then to top it all, got drunk and bumped into a city fan in the bogs in the union, 2-1 to the swindon boys!
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:04:43 »

Anyone also think its time Iffy was told he was manager
He already has been....
STFC Village

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:09:30 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Anyone also think its time Iffy was told he was manager
He already has been....
Think he meant long term, Ben
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:17:47 »

Well surely he is as far as any manager can be? Didn't Devlin confirm the club aren't taking applications and Iffy had the job, not just on a temporary basis.
STFC Village

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:19:37 »

Well surely he is as far as any manager can be? Didn't Devlin confirm the club aren't taking applications and Iffy had the job, not just on a temporary basis.
Definately 'til Christmas is what i heard, but, reading between the lines, another win or two and the job is his permanently.

What's your view of tonight Ben?
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:37:37 »

From what I can gather the job is basically his and for the long term, I think the club would be pretty stupid to change things again and I don't think they will.

It's easily Iffy's most impressive result because we finally got 3 points and it's great to keep our unbeaten run going against city. If we play like that we should be ok but there's a long way to go. It was crucial to get the win and we got it so I give Iffy credit for that and if he can keep getting the results then I'll back him all the way but he's got a long way to go to match King's achievements though he's impressed me tonight, if he keeps us up and then takes us to the playoffs that'll really convince me.

City are pretty shite right now though, think that's either 5 or 6 in a row they've lost now, league and cup, so shouldn't get carried away but of course it's always great to beat them and hopefully send them a step closer to relegation. :advercool: and get us closer to safety.  Beers

4 league games unbeaten is not bad, but we need to build on this first win and get some more wins soon.
STFC Village

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 04:45:34 »

if he keeps us up and then takes us to the playoffs that'll really convince me
So, you don't need too much convincing then?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 10:21:52 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"

That will never happen, purely because Carson will never give Iffy any money at all, he made that clear on sky when George Gavin asked him.

Where as King did make a few money purchases. However, I do think Iffy will keep us up.
santini

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 11:14:47 »

if he keeps us up and then takes us to the playoffs that'll really convince me.
Both this year or keep us up first?
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 11:20:46 »

I think he meant over the next few years!

Iffy pretty much has the job now.

Top performance and me and my mates will be Red, Loud and Proud at school on monday  Wink
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 14:07:20 »

Quote from: "DV85"

That will never happen, purely because Carson will never give Iffy any money at all, he made that clear on sky when George Gavin asked him.

Where as King did make a few money purchases. However, I do think Iffy will keep us up.
King had spent only about £100k going into our playoff season in 3 years, so it was not much. He made more than he spent.

Santini, I mean over the next few years, I'm not dead set against Iffy by any means and I definitely don't want him out but I don't full support a manager until they've achieved something major. Under our budget a mid table finish would be an excellent achievement so if he achieves that then fair play.
Bedford Red

Smithers Jones

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 14:11:19 »

King had spent only about £100k going into our playoff season in 3 years, so it was not much. He made more than he spent.

Santini, I mean over the next few years, I'm not dead set against Iffy by any means and I definitely don't want him out but I don't full support a manager until they've achieved something major. Under our budget a mid table finish would be an excellent achievement so if he achieves that then fair play.

But surely you can't expect that after the position King left us in and the position he took over in?

I'm quietly optimistic but I'm not sure we'll get mid table. If we can get out of this mess and stay up, we can build on this next season.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 14:31:12 »

Quote from: "Bedford Red"

But surely you can't expect that after the position King left us in and the position he took over in?

I'm quietly optimistic but I'm not sure we'll get mid table. If we can get out of this mess and stay up, we can build on this next season.

King took over in exactly the same position and managed that, despite having to cope with administration.

Although we were 23rd when King left, I don't think that was atrue reflection of how good we were, if King stayed I think mid table would be realistic this year.

However, King is odviously a very tough act to follow and I can't expect Iffy to do quite that well, so if he just keeps us up that will be satisfactory.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 18:42:10 »

Parkin
Roberts
Ifil
Fallon

All money, plus you have to remember going into our play off season the wage budget was alot bigger than it is now, it was slashed by 250k this season and probably a similiar amout the year before.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, November 12, 2005, 18:51:41 »

Parkin
Roberts
Ifil
Fallon

All money, plus you have to remember going into our play off season the wage budget was alot bigger than it is now, it was slashed by 250k this season and probably a similiar amout the year before.

Sorry dv, Roberts was bought after we made the playoffs, so was Ifil. Think you need to check your facts.

Fallon too was only bought because of the extra money we'd made from higher attendances that year because we were doing so well.

The wage budget wasn't that much bigger, it was still very low, it wasn't slashed between 2003/2004 and 2004/2005.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: