Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Fc Vs Chesterfield FC Matchday Thread  (Read 52855 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 08:52:12 »

I don't think the ref saw the table properly. first thing he did was look straight at the linesman.

to be honest I'm not sure how bad it was either, the reaction of those closer suggested it was a bad one. I am sure it was a foul though.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:28:32 »

Felt sorry for Smith today, nothing seemed to come off for him.  A goal would do his confidence the world of good.

This!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:29:53 »

Thought Branco did well today...am I alone in that?

I was going to say the same thing, absolutely rock solid.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:30:54 »

I don't think the ref saw the table properly. first thing he did was look straight at the linesman.

to be honest I'm not sure how bad it was either, the reaction of those closer suggested it was a bad one. I am sure it was a foul though.
Should have been watching the game not the fucking table!!  It was a clear foul, some refs would have given a red, others a yellow, with the plonker we had today it would definitely have been a yellow!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:35:31 »

I thought that was a professional performance.  First 45-50 mins nice and open, looked like getting 4 or 5.  Closed the game out, which lead to a scrappy last 40 mins for the viewing public but never really meant we were under real pressure, just allowed possession.  You could say that against a better team it could cost us, but the reality seems to be that there just aren't many better teams!

I know Cooper wasn't pleased with the 2nd half, and I'd hope they get told that to ensure they don't start the next game off the boil.  However, I think if we didn't have the 2 goal cushion we had a bit in the tank if needed (we still created a couple of really decent efforts when they struggled to hit the target bar the one cleared off the line).
kerry red

« Reply #230 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:37:41 »

Does make you wonder, though, how that would work in the Championship
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:47:25 »

we'd be punished more in the championship. but presumably the squad and possibly the system would be different.

so let's hope we get the opportunity to find out.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:48:13 »

It's not like we wouldn't sign anyone if we went up.
lambourn red

« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 09:48:51 »

For anyone that used to use the TFF which was apparently shut down yesterday there is an alternative league 1 forum that the TFF guys have moved over to
http://thefootballleagueforum.co.uk/index.php?forums/league-one.10/
kerry red

« Reply #234 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:04:15 »

we'd be punished more in the championship. but presumably the squad and possibly the system would be different.

so let's hope we get the opportunity to find out.

Not sure the system would change much, and I'd imagine our recruitment policy would also stay pretty much the same.

I just worry that we cant keep on unearthing these gems.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:07:25 »

When was the last time we had (joint) top goalscorer in the league?

I know Austin & Paynter scored a fair few, but they weren't top of the player charts, were they?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:19:42 »

I actually think our style is better suited to the league above.  I don't doubt some additions would be needed, but the gems are out there, they just need a system and set-up to bring them through.  Our gems work because we play a style of football they are used to from the Academy system in the Premier League.  Look at Swift, slotted straight in.  Mason last year, looked classy but we really expect him to be critical to Spurs this term on so many occasions?

I'm not expecting us to walk this league and settle in easily at Championship level, but I think the approach we have gone for is almost the absolute best approach for a club of our size.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:22:40 »

Bogus Dave of this parish has an excellent highlights package of the Oxford game yesterday...

http://instagram.com/p/x_eFZrTeod/
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #238 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:28:22 »

My American mate was very impressed by what he saw yesterday - not only from us but also from Chesterfield. He was surprised by the age of our players and the style of football. There was some very good quality on show yesterday.
The challenge on Nate Dog was a fucking outrageous one and the referee should be picking up litter for the next 20 years as punishment. I didn't think I'd see a worse decision than Turnbull's challenge for the penalty for Doncaster but that fuckwit yesterday managed it. Their no 3 should be totally ashamed of what he did.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Sunday, January 18, 2015, 10:32:41 »

When was the last time we had (joint) top goalscorer in the league?

I know Austin & Paynter scored a fair few, but they weren't top of the player charts, were they?

Cox (with Lambert)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: